1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Chook good luck with the bloods tomo. Your recent bg levels would have made me very happy. I have never been a “smoothie person” and the green one does sound challenging so well done on that too. I think Mr C’s suggestion sounds good with perhaps a shot of vodka ;).
    @Annb I dont think you should beat yourself up about your bg levels because you have constant pain, are on meds and make the most heroic efforts to eat carefully. Thats not to even mention how much you do to help others notwithstanding your mobility challenges so you very particularly inspire me.
    Today I am eating:
    Usual breakfast.
    Lunch: small plate lettuce, emmenthal and spoon of cheesy coleslaw.
    Supper: cheese & tomato omelette so should be within 20g carbs today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

That’s exactly what I thought!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Breakfast: Usual three egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato.
    Lunch: Banana prawns and salad.
    Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Good evening. Today's food: B was bulletproof tea; more tea later in the morning; L= a mongrel latte (230 mls almond milk, 20 mls lacto free , 30 mls dbl cream); Eve= Chicken and avocado salad with chia seeds and flaxseeds. @Chook salad looks very much like your smoothie - spinach, rocket, celery, cucumber (no peel) plenty ACV (+ EVOO and dijon) - I wouldn't add the avocado, scallions or radish EVO & dijon. With basil should be fine but unlikely to aid transit much without the seeds. May have some chocolate soon . 1 row of Green and Blacks velvet edition sea salt (takes longer to type than eat).

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #34464 ianpspurs, Jan 20, 2020 at 7:15 PM
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  5. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So glad you are back in the fold. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Chook good luck with those bloods crossing fingers and toes for you.
    Couldn’t do the smoothie or blended veg mix never liked them - I can’t bear the texture much prefer range of tastes and textures in a meal!
    Breakfast kipper ( first for years!) delicious had with butter and half a chaffle will have again but must say that it’s a very smelly fish and the bin had to be emptied straight away!
    Lunch celery sticks and cheese with some walnuts. A few squares of 100% montezumas almond choc with coffee
    Dinner frittata with mushrooms, pancetta and cheese served with salad - mix of avocado, walnuts, celery and lettuce with lemon Mayo. Pudding lc lemon mousse and yoghurt.
    Lots of walks today in the cold crisp weather - very enjoyable but felt much hungrier than usual.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Quinn1066

Quinn1066 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Indeed I find all fish smelly, I used to eat a lot of sardines and tuna, and had to empty the bin right away. So glad I don't eat fish anymore, the smell is the worst part.

• Hug Hug x 1
  8. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Ooh, I love kippers. You reminded me I have some of the delicious M&S Arbroath ones in the freezer.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mmm m and s kippers sound good. These were Waitrose and really good value compared to other fish. Will deal with the smell - worth it for the flavour I love fish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. NitinHP

NitinHP · Well-Known Member

Cod fillet, baked in butter, salt and pepper. Carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach.

Tried to upload a pic, no joy..

• Like Like x 5
  11. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
    Mid afternoon: gingerbread Carb Killa bar with a black coffee
    Dinner: carbonara made with Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evenin’ All

B: bone broth and a small lc hot choc. Am finding this is a superb breakfast. BB first, with collagen and a little Bovril, then 150mls of hot chocolate made with real chocolate, hot water, double cream and erythritol. Astonishingly fortifying.
    L: prawns in brinjal pickle cream
    D: carni pizza (homemade using a dietdoc recipe)

definitely an eating day! And delicious from start to finish.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh · Well-Known Member

Today Monday : public holiday so no work

FPG 98 = 5.5

Breakfast : an egg , 3 mushrooms, a few cherry tomato , black coffee

Went to mall to buy bf his valentine gift. Got him a very nice formal suit from Ralph Lauren. He will be even more handsome in it <3

Lunch : a ham and Swiss cheese croissant at mall with black coffee . Sent BG briefly to 140 = 77

Walked a lot , bought a few other gifts for other ppl ( I buy my gifts when there is a discount) but nothing for me after the boots yesterday . Now off to grocery shopping.

Dinner : will have sausage and salad early then a movie . Must wake up early tomorrow for work .

Ok Edit : no sausage for dinner . I had salmon and vegetables . I just realized I enjoy salmon again ( was off it for a month or two ). Keto Chocolate and keto gummy bears for dessert . Yum

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh · Well-Known Member

If your BG is this good , this means that you are producing a good amount of insulin, in my lay opinion . So maybe getting a second Endocrinologist opinion would help to put your mind at ease ?

At any case , I wish you all the best with your test results and cross my fingers !

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  15. Quinn1066

Quinn1066 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today 21/01/20
    Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 171g non fat yoghurt, 20g protein peanut butter, 73g frozen blueberries. 4 white coffee's with 80ml of milk split between them

Lunch: Two white corn tortillas, 50g hummus, 101g capsicum, 90g tomato, 45g dill pickle, 33g sauerkraut. One white coffee with 20ml of milk at 10.30

Dinner: 150g boiled cauliflower, 40g reduced fat cheese, 2 XL eggs, 116g tempeh (oven baked).

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. NitinHP

A tablespoon of greek yoghurt, a few blueberries and a coffee with a splash of full fat milk.

I did finish last night off with a handful of almonds and 4 pieces of 85% chocolate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. NitinHP

Just had my most delicious meal, during my journey.

2 eggs, a little bit of onion, a finely chopped single slice of pickled jalapeno, a chunk of cheese, cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper and a small piece of chicken finely chopped.

Was supposed to be an omelette, but ended up as a scrambled omelette.

Very, very tasty

Had a pint of water already, so another coffee with a drop of f f milf, will do the job, until I go for a walk. The sun is shining and there is frost on the ground. Vitamin d boost, as I have a deficiency. Reminded me to take my multi vit.

Happy Tuesday

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Monday - bed 5 FBG 4.9. Week 3 of the latest DD plan underway. This week there is no breakfast until Saturday and a lot of avocado by the look of it. They do have lunch and dinner every day but for the most part lunch looks light enough not to interfere with dinner.
    B. Just TAG.
    L. a light Italian plate - prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato and olives. I added half a small avocado.
    D. Was supposed to be LC chicken nuggets but, since I still had stroganoff, it be came stroganoff and cauliflower rice.

I've lost another 2lbs as well so, 5lbs in the first 2 weeks. It's more than I was expecting since I've been keto for a long, long time. I guess getting back to my classes and cutting out most of my nibbles helps (nuts, square of dark chocolate, berries etc all on the back burner for now). I also think the way they are mixing up the food consumption schedule helps. Must be confusing the body.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have a set of Sainsbury's Collection pots which I've had for 20 year! Not a scratch on them. I think they just call them hard anodised now. The 2 woks are the same make. Not surprisingly, I also have a set of Professional pots and pans that I bought in Cheshire Oaks shopping outlet on the way back from work somewhere south on the M6. I've had them ages too since it's 13 years since I stopped working. I've tried other odd ones but they never do what it says on the tin! I've held onto one Le Creuset round casserole dish. I used to have a rectangular one but I managed to crack it. Like @PenguinMum it's frying pans that need replacing although this Salter one is hikding up well so far.

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook