What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
There is such a thing? Once tried a chocolate pizza in Ghana of all places. Wasn’t good!

Cargo ship trip sounds good.

There shouldn't have been such a thing, but, as I said, the cook was actually a barber and working from a cookery book he was unfamiliar with. (Could he even read English? He didn't speak it very well.)The pizzas (from the store) were not very cheesey so he paired it with what he thought was cheese sauce, but was, in fact custard. Poor man really wasn't used to European tastes (the officers were almost all European) and I do believe he was set up by the Chief Steward.

It was a dodgy sort of time, just after the Iranian revolution and tempers were flaring. I had to keep very tight control over Neil, who would always speak as he saw it - didn't understand tact. No 2 son was always friends with everyone and totally non confrontational. The crew loved him.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ann - Do you have a smart phone? If so, you can run Facetime or WhatsApp from there. I have never used Facetime (I hate video calling), but I have used WhatsApp for written messaging and voice calls, and found it very good. The calls on WhatsApp are on wifi - provided you have a signal. Phones usually need much less bandwidth to work properly.

Would that work for you?

I'm afraid I'm an old stick in the mud and my mobile phone is one that is the simplest possible. It is just for emergency contacts when I can't get to a landline. My friend keeps telling me I should get an i-Phone, but I'm pretty useless with techie things these days. Have huge problems even using my simple mobile.Thanks for the thought though.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is such a thing? Once tried a chocolate pizza in Ghana of all places. Wasn’t good!

Cargo ship trip sounds good.

Cargo ship passages are still available - and very cheap.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to post yesterday, again! :rolleyes:

Yesterday:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Tuna melts followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and gingerbread carb killa bar.
Dinner: mature cheddar omelette with roasted veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola

Today:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: tuna melts followed by Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd with black coffee.
Dinner: cold bbq chicken drumsticks with cauliflower and brocolli salad, coleslaw and cheesies followed vanilla Oppo cheesecake with cream and LC chocolate granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast: pecan granola, one slice burgen
lunch: lo dough wrap with ham and tomato, cherries and homemade low carb mocha cheese cake
dinner: 1/2 can oxtail soup, with (15g worth of carbs) oven chips in a slice of burgen. protein bar
snacks; two pieces of 90% godiva, hula hoops

...jeez, whats happening to my diet? did source some eggs at co-op today tho. think it's going to have to be farm shops from now on

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3
D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Unusual two egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
Lunch: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Our Woolies online order arrived last night around 7:00 pm, so not much of a delay.

Got a email from Woolies about "Priority Deliveries", which we have applied for, have not heard back as yet tho'...

Dear XXX

We have also introduced Priority Assistance home deliveries to help the elderly, people with disability, those with compromised immunity and those in mandatory isolation. To apply for Priority Assistance delivery, please complete the form at www.woolworths.com.au/priorityassistance

One of the volunteers who works behind the bar at the club every now again when he is not fighting fires.

90148005_1288706551315303_2060254902327705600_n.jpg

Edit: Added pix of protective face mask, hoodie, and gloves in action.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheer up pic of the day: Tagawa, a v handsome Siamese fighting fish who used to live on my desk

DDF2C208-0F5C-4F63-A0EE-490DC346E875.jpeg

Evenin’ All

I panic bought today. Not for us (I could fast for a year without fading away).
It was dog food.
It has been worriting me rather that our dog food comes once a month or so, fresh frozen and into the freezer. And I doubt if a small raw dogfood company will be resistant to any future lockdown. Or able to stay open if multiple staff get ill.
So I spent £90 on 3 types of dry food.
- and took the last available on Amazon.

Feel much better with a mutt grub buffer.

B: none
L: halloumi fries and cream cheese with peanut butter
D: stirfried chicken in garlic butter

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
20-03-2020
Weighing day lost a Bit. No nut granola so three scrambled eggs. CWC X2
Lunch
Ham, cheese. Salad, tea to drink
Dinner one chicken thigh. Cauliflower cous-cous with spices, red peppers and shredded green beans. Cabbage. Wine and more wine.
Phoned my sister, she says niece is much better today. But GCSE have been cancelled.
Eldest son is now off work. He is in hospitality.
Life in the countryside seems to go on much the same...

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Cargo ship passages are still available - and very cheap.

Ours was very cheap - we 3 (2 boys and me) were classed as "supernumery" and sailed with my husband, who was the Training Officer on that ship, teaching/training a group of Iranian cadets. We only had to pay our flights out to Dubai and our way home from London at the end of the 3 months. It was an experience for all of us, although younger son doesn't remember much about it. I would certainly prefer it to a passenger ship, especially these days.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
So.... I was going stir crazy (not been out of the house for two weeks) so Mr C suggested a drive out for a change of scenery. We thought about a quick visit to Brigg Garden Centre so didn't take the dogs. Brigg GC car park was busy so we decided not to bother then Mr C suggested a walk along the front at Cleethorpes. We were driving towards Cleethorpes when Mr C said it was strange not having the dogs with us so about 10 mins later when we got to the roundabout where the dogs normally first smell the sea and start getting excited, I started imitating excited dogs - barking, yipping, yapping, whining, howling.... I turned to Mr C expecting him to be laughing but he was staring at me with a totally horrified look on his face. He thought i was suffering from some weird unreported coronavirus symptom. I haven't laughed so much in years.

@Brunneria We've been struggling to find dog food - another reason for today's expedition. We eventually found some in Scun - got two 17g sacks which is enough for two weeks.

Food today...

B: Usual omelette with carb free syrup and a few fresh strawberries

L: A few of Mr C's chips with mushy peas and black decaff coffee - naughty Chook

D: Will be an experimental chaffle pizza with goats cheese, olives and sundried tomatoes and a bit of green salad

Drinks: black decaff coffee, water and red wine

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Loving the sound of the dog impersonations @Chook

Glorious day here - chilly but lots of sunshine. Went for a long walk along the Thames, the Limehouse Cut, River Lea (briefly) and the Regent’s and Hertford Union canals. Clocked up 13.7 miles, which is a lot more than the daily average of 46 steps (according to my phone) in the week before last. Picture of the day has to be this one taken on the Limehouse Cut.

Food was almond butter and cream before and after the walk with dinner of 3 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages and 4 rashers streaky bacon.

E11B003B-CA9C-4680-BA76-52B6C822265B.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you are walking again @Goonergal must mean you are better/on the mend. Breakfast: Lots of AMT - sweetened: L: CW? - whole milk + almond milk and SF caramel syrup; Mid aft: Water; Eve: Mackerel salad, some cheese,slice of Ox tongue ; some Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate. No more mackerel and doubts about salad medium and long term. I'll find out very shortly if I can tolerate much LC other than salad with tinned mackerel and avo. Perspective needed in these times. DIL who normally works on teenage cancer ward isolating as has symptoms - onset quick and not pleasant. No test just keep away and get here again asap. Son and granddaughter on 14 day lock down. Account of conditions and stress in hospital not good - toss up which is disappearing fastest, beds or staff. If I have to suck it up for a while, eat more carbs than ideal or fast a few times so be it. That girl and those like her are bearing the brunt.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 1 of isolation after daughter’s partner came home from work with a cough. Not going to be able to cope with Mr Cs daytime tv choices for 2 weeks but you’re so right @ianpspurs some perspective is certainly needed.
@Chook I loved the thought of your dog impressions worrying your OH
@Goonergal blimey! Right back on form.
Today I had black coffee
Then DD breakfast sandwich
Dinner was chicken breast wrapped in bacon, cauliflower cheese and a large mushroom filled with garlic and thyme butter. A few 100% HC buttons with a handful of roast hazelnuts. Chocolate and nuts are a match made in heaven.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb
D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Two egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes. :meh:
Lunch: Yabbies from the dam. cooked in the coals in the fire pit at the block.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugars, water.

One of our farmers markets has been allowed to open today (Sun), we are going todo a quick trip to pick up some fresh fruit / veggies and see if we can get some more eggs.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch: 2 x bbq chicken drumsticks followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: birthday cake carb killa with black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese takeaway, crispy duck, two small pancakes, a smidge of sauce, spring onions and cucumber followed by SF jelly, Paleo berries and almond granola.