What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, yes it was great. Could quite easily spend every day that way. Just the small issue of work.....

A hungry day today, no doubt partly stress induced.

Breakfast was my mince, fried eggs, onion and cheese concoction. @Mrs T 123 I took a picture while it was still in the frying pan as it still looks half way presentable then.
Dinner was beef short rib.

Inbetween was extra thick double cream, almond butter and Lindt 90%, so yesterday’s chocolate discussions got me eventually!

View attachment 42534
Hi Goonergal - many thanks for that - much appreciated - I would probably have just plonked the egg on top hehe! Really helpful to see it all made - looks fab - Enjoy!:happy:

Brunch - full fat greek yoghurt with rapberries, strawberries,blueberries with a dollop of extra thick double cream (lovely jubbly).

Dinner - chicken with garlic mushrooms, broccoli and carrots and ... I have to confess to a slice of hovis low carb bread buttered thick with butter and brussels pate whilst I was waiting for my dinner cooking :hungry:

Great day here for washing today - got it all out and dried - happy days - also managed a long walk today with it being nice and dry;)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and white chocolate phd bar
Late Lunch: chicken drumstick followed by Greek yoghurt, orange chia pudding and vanilla and raspberry LC granola.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and cauli rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
L. Some cold pork and green salad with hot seedy cheese slices and 6 olives. 2 strawberries with clotted cream
D. One hamburger (no bun) with roasted peppers. 2 strawberries a and 4 grapes with clotted cream..

Lidl clotted cream is lovely and big pot is quite cheap. Trying to resist buying more tomorrow

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started well with Greek yoghurt
A left over burger with cheese for lunch.
Then the teens took over the kitchen late afternoon blocking dinner prep. I can’t complain as they were baking keto goodies for my birthday tomorrow. Unaided and first attempts :woot: that I will need to eat. Actually quite touched but i suspect it’s to distract from a lack of other shopping or preparedness :)
So takeaway for the first time. Kebab meat with lettuce and onions for me. And a couple of glasses of dry white. Such a treat. I’m glad the hb1ac was done last week and this is only a couple of days.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An Eating Day (bigtime!)

B: kefir and lc hot choc
L: vintage cheddar with a wee blob of Branston on top
S: 70% Lindt
D1: Moo Grob with LC sweet chilli
D2: salami crisps with sour cream and spring onion dip.

am stuffed now
:wacky:

I do hope @Tipetoo is doing OK, I miss him.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hungry and busy day today so ended up eating more walnuts than planned - I was chopping just a few for a salad but the nuts tin seems to be almost empty- whoops!
Morning just coffee and cream,
Lunch two chicken drumsticks, bit of vintage cheddar, first dip into the walnut tin and two squares of 100% choc
More Nuts while prepping
Dinner frittata with salads ( including tomato and basil salad and my fave advocado celery and walnut salad must get OH to prepare the walnuts tomorrow!). Glass of dry white wine followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake warm with double cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
can I call it ****'a'leekie if there's no rice or barley in it, do you think?

Edited to add - sorry, I didn't realise that a male chicken was a bad word, but I see it must be since it has been asterisked out.
So happy to see I'm not the only one running into trouble with male chickens and the forum software, and delighted to see you chose the alternative term 'male chicken' just like I did when I tried to tell people about the goings on in the chicken pen last year :hilarious:.

I'd say male-chicken'a'leekie is still that without the rice or barley, after all we still call a fat head pizza a pizza and a keto mugcake a cake without it having any flour :)

I should cook more often if I want to keep having an excuse to spout my nonsense on this thread. Today was the same pork-vegetables-peanut sauce dish as the last two days, and it will be tomorrow as well. The only differences were ham instead of cheese on my butter and marmite cracker, and some yoghurt with my strawberries. My midnight snack tonight will be nuts and chocolate, no liverwurst and mustard like yesterday, as between my 2 dogs, 2 sleepover dogs, 3 cats, and myself the liverwurst is now gone.

Our Lidl sells 'Smokey BBQ' almonds, 6.8 gr. of carbs per 100 grams, work very good as a crisps substitute for me. Or maybe not very good but at least fairly good, as I still crave a good portion of cheese and onion crisps. Although I'm on insulin, I haven't mastered dosing for crisps as they tend to spike hours later, when I'm sound asleep. So I don't eat them.
Smokey almonds it will be! :hungry:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
An Eating Day (bigtime!)

B: kefir and lc hot choc
L: vintage cheddar with a wee blob of Branston on top
S: 70% Lindt
D1: Moo Grob with LC sweet chilli
D2: salami crisps with sour cream and spring onion dip.

am stuffed now
:wacky:

I do hope @Tipetoo is doing OK, I miss him.

@Brunneria

I just found this

He is in hospital at the moment with a **** load of problems to do with his heart and lungs.

Non covid 19 or diabetes related.

MS Tlpetoo

@Tipetoo - I hope everything works okay and you get better soon *hugs*

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm trying to work out a menu around the huge amounts of raspberries, mangetout, pink kale, courgettes, lettuce and chard in my garden. OMG the chard!!!! Its everywhere.... I think Mr C got a bit carried away and filled every empty space with it!! Ive also got pots and pots of herbs. Did I mention the chard?!?! The greenhouse tomatoes and outdoor tomatoes are heavy with green tomatoes and I'm very much looking forward to the first of the black Russian cherry tomatoes - we grow those and those huge beefsteak tomatoes - plus all the seedling swaps we get from the neighbours. Has anyone got a tried and trusted recipe for green tomatoes?

So, today...

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and kimchi on the side and a few raspberries
Lunch: Actimel drink and cottage cheese wrapped in romaine leaves
Dinner: experiment - a pizza using a chaffle for a base topped with home made pesto, black olives and mozzarella and a side of wilted chard
Snack: raw mangetout while watering the garden
Dessert will be raspberries

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Changed my mind about the salad and made ****'a'leekie soup with the remaining chicken and stock from the freezer. Had a bowl at lunchtime and will probably have more later. I'd added some butter and soy sauce at the end to make it a bit more tasty, since I couldn't taste the chicken earlier, @maglil55 - can I call it ****'a'leekie if there's no rice or barley in it, do you think?

Edited to add - sorry, I didn't realise that a male chicken was a bad word, but I see it must be since it has been asterisked out.

Good job you didn't have spotted .... for pudding! x

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Bit behind and for the life of me cant remember what I've eaten except from last nights dinner
Dinner last night was to tired to cook so pulled out my vegetable tomatoe lentil soup and had a cheese toastie with it

Breakfast / brunch sourdough bread with ginger marmalade. At 2pm had someone pop over for kitchen quote he left and I started feeling funny after he left shaking so at 3.30 tested my bsl dropped to 4 mmol/L tried to wait see if it go up but was not feeling well so had a salada biscuits with my homemade labnah cheese and 3 olives and black coffee.

For Dinner tonight made Tandoori chicken wings with cauliflower rice some tzatziki papadums served with some eggplant pickle. So easy to make I did use premade tandoori sauce but added a spoon of peanut butter combined with yoghurt. I cut the wings in peices and marinated them for about 4 hours before cooking in a preheated oven. Cauliflower rice blitz in kitchen wiz cooked in frypan with homemade ghee and olive oil, tzatziki crushed garlic cubed cucumber dried mint combined with yoghurt and now having a gin and cranberry drink so I can watch masterchef Australia.
IMG_20200707_183607_404.jpg
IMG_20200707_183607_405.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just finished breakfast - RyVita with chicken liver pate. It has to be used up soon. Had a large dose of insulin first.

Today's main meal will be gumbo - have to make an effort to use up stuff from the freezer and, whatever happens with the car and its battery, I can't buy any more from the butcher until I have cleared some space.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

So far have consumed extra thick double cream, almond butter and Lindt 90% and a wedge of Red Leicester cheese.
Having forgotten to remove anything sensible from freezer, just ordered a bunless double cheeseburger with bacon from Shake Shack via Deliveroo so that I can eat some meat! ETA half an hour.

Adding my best wishes to @Tipetoo and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Editing to add that I’m doing a podcast recording with the Deliciously Guilt Free team today!

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

So far have consumed extra thick double cream, almond butter and Lindt 90% and a wedge of Red Leicester cheese.
Having forgotten to remove anything sensible from freezer, just ordered a bunless double cheeseburger with bacon from Shake Shack via Deliveroo so that I can eat some meat! ETA half an hour.

Adding my best wishes to @Tipetoo and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Editing to add that I’m doing a podcast recording with the Deliciously Guilt Free team today!

Goonergal - You can cook meat from frozen in your IP. Some folks just cook their recipe from frozen, but if I do it, I tend to do something like zero minutes pressure, leave it for 10 minutes NPR, before opening the post and adding anything else, like spices etc.

For the initial zero minutes, I just put in a very small amount of water, as the meat will release fluids anyway, as it defrosts.

I wouldn't do it for a whole chicken or larger joints, but with something like short rib, or the likes, it's be fine, I'm sure. Similarly, @Brunneria AFs her steaks from frozen, I think?

Just ideas really.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goonergal - You can cook meat from frozen in your IP. Some folks just cook their recipe from frozen, but if I do it, I tend to do something like zero minutes pressure, leave it for 10 minutes NPR, before opening the post and adding anything else, like spices etc.

For the initial zero minutes, I just put in a very small amount of water, as the meat will release fluids anyway, as it defrosts.

I wouldn't do it for a whole chicken or larger joints, but with something like short rib, or the likes, it's be fine, I'm sure. Similarly, @Brunneria AFs her steaks from frozen, I think?

Just ideas really.

Thanks. Will remember that. IP still needs washing up after yesterday though......and had forgotten about air frying frozen steaks.

Reactions: maglil55

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far it’s been keto shortbread baked by #2 son for breakfast! Cold meats and cheeses as a picnic lunch, bubbles have just been opened with an Indian takeaway tonight. Butter chicken and mushroom bahjee probably. Ditch the carbs Lemon cheesecake and death by keto chocolate birthday cake to follow courtesy of #1&3 sons.

Not exactly as I would normally eat but in comparison to what it could have been pretty darn good.

edited by one letter to moderate the penultimate word.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far it’s been keto shortbread baked by #2 son for breakfast! Cold meats and cheeses as a picnic lunch, bubbles have just been opened with an Indian takeaway tonight. Butter chicken and mushroom bahjee probably. Ditch the carbs Lemon cheesecake and death by keto chocolate birthday cake to follow courtesy of #1&3 sons.

Not exactly as I would normally eat but in comparison to what it could have been pretty **** good.

Happy birthday!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Will remember that. IP still needs washing up after yesterday though......and had forgotten about air frying frozen steaks.

Apparently Lakeland are now stocking a couple of Instant Pot products. Apropos nothing. Just saying.