1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Trying to get back on track.
    @maglil55 am possbly further behind than you, last posts I read 30/11, missed a few days posting as well.
    Breakfast. CWC, nut granola.
    Late morning CWC
    Lunch, one slice toast. Morrison's soy and linseed bread, 16g carbs, half a mashed avocado, small portion of smoked salmon, three cherry tomatoes and a little gem lettuce heart. Cup of tea.
    2 cups Lemon tea in the afternoon.
    Dinner, ready meal curry from Morrison's. About 12g carbs, cauliflower rice, carrots and French beans. Glass of echo falls summer berries rosé. 5%alcohol, is MrSlim hinting? It was disgustingly sweet and after attempting to modify flavour with diet tonic threw it away. Had glass of red instead.
    Managed to resist temptation for late night snack.
    Bedtime more lemon and ginger tea.
    Errant is a bit off today, retired straight back to bed after breakfast and didn't emerge until late afternoon. He is wanting a lot of lap time and being very vocal about it. Am wondering if he has had reaction to flea treatment, or was the fishhead he had yesterday just too much food?
    Can remember him having upset stomach after a very big meal once before. Perhaps he will be back to normal tomorrow.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    #42281 SlimLizzy, Dec 3, 2020 at 12:31 AM
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  2. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@SlimLizzy I give our cats a flea product that tastes nasty and mixes with canned food. Sometimes they appear to have upset stomachs for the rest of the day.
    I completely forgot! I made my pumpkin pie taste-alike yesterday and it worked! It tastes exactly as I want it to taste. Next year I won't use so much skyr, as it's a little dry. I nailed the erythritol perfectly, just by chance. Original calls for 3/4 cup sugar; I used 1/4 cup or less, and it's the perfect not-very-sweetness plus ( @ianpspurs ) I don't get any aftertaste at all. May be all those spices.
    Edit-- and the whole batch (think 9.5" deep dish pie) has only 16 carbs not counting spices. So it's definitely LC. May not wait until next Thanksgiving to make another.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    #42282 zauberflote, Dec 3, 2020 at 1:53 AM
  3. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@zauberflote @Antje77 oopps i didn't post the tip but here it is...... you need some water and stainless steel pan
    Heat a stainless steel skillet then dip your finger into some water and allow a drop to fill into pan if it sizzles its not ready but when it starts to form a bubble and floats around in the pan it is now ready to be used then add small amount of desired fat to cook in pan EVO, GHEE etc and cook your meal here is a video link to how it is done as well. I cooked an omelete in the pan and normally even when I coat the pan the eggs will stick but doing this method worked no sticking .... let me know if you try it as it does work I was impressed

also there is this video a way to season your Stainless steal pan see following video but I have not done this one

@maglil55 impressive keeping up to date with everyone's post....
    @Goonergal yum oxtail look good

breakfast had some left over omelette from yesterday and 2 mugs of coffee
    then had to go up the road to the chemist for a few scripts

lunch an apricot and a slice of sour dough with butter

dinner not sure as not feeling hungry I see how the night travels

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #42283 annabell1, Dec 3, 2020 at 7:40 AM
  4. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Forgot to add made some ghee today as well

But couldn't add to my above post so created a new post cheers 20201203_184546.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
  5. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am the same. We can only get avocados from the supermarket and I despair of getting one exactly as I want it. Bullet hard, or one end soft and mushy while the other end needs a hammer and chisel to get into it. The bullet hard ones, don't ripen - they just go black from the seed out. Neil did buy me some frozen avocado chunks, but I haven't used them yet - not quite sure what to do with them.

Breakfast: prunes with some double cream. Tea, of course. Then some water.

Lunch will be some of the veggie stew I made yesterday.

Dinner will probably be one of the meatzzas I made last week, if I can find something to put on the bases that I froze. Maybe some of the veggies from the stew with some cheese.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. Sugarlisa

Sugarlisa · Well-Known Member

Breakfast was fat free yogurt with frozen berries and peppermint tea and water

Lunch was a omelette with mushrooms,peppers, cherry tomatoes,peppers and spinach with a side salad

Tea is a crust less quiche with mushrooms, peppers, cherry tomatoes,red onion,chorizo to go with a side salad while the boys have a homemade pizzas dos it sounds ok

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Hi All
    FBGs continue to be way too high but I have not been sleeping great at night so maybe thats it rather than what I eat.
    Last 3 days breakfast was usual slice of HiLo toast, butter, tea.
    Lunch Tuesday was cheese, two types and spoon of Waldorf Salad.Supper Tues was small portion of roasted Med veg, half what I would usually eat but FBG yesterday still bad.
    Lunch yesterday was a slice of ham, a large chunk of cheddar and last spoonful of Waldorf Salad
    Supper yesterday was Shepherds Pie with a thin covering of buttery swede mash
    Lunch today was a Lizza toastie split and spread with chicken live pate.Supper will be chunky fishfingers and leftover portion of roasted med veg from Tuesday.
    I am hoping for a reset soon because I refuse to fast and my carb intake is modest. If I worry about it too much it will just make it worse. So on we go ...

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I liked frozen peas - I used to grab a handful every time I went into the freezer and if I was cooking them I’d always have to take out twice as many as needed. I knew that the children would come into the kitchen and pinch handfuls before they were cooked. Frozen sweetcorn too.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all.

Frozen peas must be a thing. Also used to eat them!

Hungry week continues. 3 meals today.

Breakfast was mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.
    Late lunch was 2 pork belly strips coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried.
    Dinner was air fried lamb ribs seasoned with lemon pepper. Think that’s my favourite meal of the moment.

Nicely sleepy now.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@SlimLizzy I hope Errant’s tum settles down. That Echo Falls wine sounds terrible good for you insisting on the red.
    Today I had airfried chicken drumsticks for lunch then a dollop of lazy mousse
    Dinner was mixed grill - lamb chop, 1 chipolata small slice calves liver and some very pretty posh mushrooms fried in butter. About a tablespoon of Gk yog. IMG_4110.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Avocados? We tend to buy them a week in hand and keep them in the fridge then move them one or two at a time into a warmer room to soften. Frozen chunks are fine for me. 5.15 am wakeup - unfortunately still winter. B= Very much Assam TWAMIS: Dockey: CWCCS. and FB cookie .9 fall: Lunch: Tea. 2 slices of TLCC seeded bloomer (63 gms; 1.4 gms carb) TLCC toast and Epoises. Almost any kind of bread would be good with W Epoises - .8 drop: EM: Ox cheek some kind of beef casserole - somehow lost the Ox Cheek, TLCC seeded bloomer and butter. Vits: Probably a bijou totette of Speyside single malt later. Key: FB=Fatt Bar; TLCC - The Low Carb Company

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #42291 ianpspurs, Dec 3, 2020 at 6:31 PM
  12. notepadplusplus

notepadplusplus Other · Well-Known Member

Whoops. Disappeared for a week! Had a lot of university deadlines, but I've submitted everything now!

B: Boiled eggs
    L: Sausages and bacon
    D: Chops and gravy (xantham gum)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the avocado tips. Unfortunately whilst on delivery's I don't get chance to pick which I want. @zauberflote I too prefer the smooth green skinned ones but it seems we often only get the black bumpledy ones here

No breakfast today.
    Bits lunch, 1 spoon pate, one spoon hummus, 5 olives, a tomato, a piece cucumber.2 spoons granola and a bit of cream
    D: ready cooked chicken thighs reheated in the air fryer (makes them quite tasty), cabbage , carrots
    About 6 blackcurrants and 10 redcurrants and 1 teaspoon granola with a spoon or 2 of cream
    (That lunch and dinner was otherwise known as finishing off all the odds and ends before tomorrow's new supermarket delivery)

@SlimLizzy I think Echo falls is wine with added water and sugar, dressed up as flavourings. More like kids squash than a decent wine. For rose I've been enjoying Asdas pinot grigio Rose, nice and dry. Too many rose sold here are sweet by nature

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
    Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
    Dinner: ribs and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nice looking mushrooms! Where from?

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Tuesday 1 December - usually by now I am highly organised for Christmas. This year I have done absolutely nothing. @ianpspurs - I am with you. I hate all the dark & damp. We're getting close to sunset soon after the school pick up. Today the pick up was taken over by the 7 year old explaining what onomatopoeia & alliteration is. @Antje77 - I just knew it would be you when I saw the photo of the smoked sausage and the cat debating do I make a dive for it? @Annb - I fear you have reached the stage, as my Mum used to say to me, try a stick of dynamite!
    Bed 6.9 FBG 7.
    B. TAG and yet another cheese and ham toastie on SLC bread.
    L. Nothing apart from a DGF no carrot
    D. Another load of leftovers needing eaten so a salad, of prawns, a bit smoked salmon, avocado, santini tomatoes and a burrata. Yet another DGF no carrot and 2 squares of 85%.

@zauberflote- you can do it! If I can catch up anyone can.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  17. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I'll reply before I forget. The instrument of torture is going well. When I registered the warranty, they encourage you to write a review which I did. Next thing I know I get an email from them saying 5hey are sending me a gift. I expected maybe massage oils or sticks. No, they sent me another instrument of torture. It's the older model, it's smaller and not as powerful but even so, not what I expected. I'm dropping it off at brother's so he can get the use of it to waken up his legs between physio visiting him.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  18. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It has been cold and snowy here today - forecast is for rain tomorrow which I look forward to anything but snow! Still managed a very fresh walk to and from work

11am - yoghurt with flaxseed and goji berries, mixed seeds, cinammon & raspberries on top then 2 sandwiches (slc bread) on cheese & onion then 2 squares 90% lindtt with peanut butter on top all washed down with a mug of earl grey (well it was to last me all day)

7pm - 2 slc cheese burger rolls with mushrooms & onions also and a little burger relish. Large glass of pepsi max and then sf jelly with a little soya cream drizzled over the top

@Goonergal I am having a very hungry week too! - was starving when I got in from work - had very active day - that's my excuse and I am sticking to it - eh I won't bother weighing myself tomorrow I know what it will be ...

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

A little independent shop that sells a lot of local produce. They were really nice - each had a slightly different texture.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

@Goonergal and @DCUKMod you both make moo grob I think? Do you boil the pork for an hour before drying and air frying? And do you chill in the fridge overnight or fry straight after boiling and patting dry?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook