What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling pretty rubbish today, but had a bit more appetite, so ate a small proper dinner tonight.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner: chilli con carne with cauli rice followed by SF mango jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Broad beans day 2 :)
Today with snow peas, bacon rashers and soft goat's cheese.
Neighbour said a bucket would be enough for four generous portions, but he clearly isn't used to gauging veggie portions when not eating potatoes, I'm well over two thirds of my bucket of beans now.

217495090_10223885465558878_32223104006936087_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages eggs and tomatoes for breakfast.
Cuppa hearty beef soup, chicken and salad low carb wrap for lunch.
Pork loin chops, green vegies, gravy for dinner.

Sane old, same old... :D

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three egg omelette with a spoon of cream cheese for breakfast
Lunch was a rainbow salad with cheese coleslaw, two slices of sandwich pork loin, some homemade quiche lorraine, pickles and a Grenade Killa ice cream (very pleasant!)
A snack in the afternoon was some yoghurt, raspberries and blackberries
Dinner was out at the Harvester where I took full use of the salad bar before having half a rotisserie chicken with steamed veg. I was bad afterwards and had a Snickers ice cream bar late in the evening but was well under my carbs for the day so didn't feel too bad.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At the shelter I've paid 15 euros a piece, and while they're very tasty (yes, I've had guinea pig, very fatty, tasty meat, nothing like rabbit, much closer to pork) that's too expensive for my tastes. Lots of annoying small bones as well.
So I'll just feed the piggies instead of the other way around :)
You would be right in grandson's bad books if you didn't feed and care for them!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: (8 am) a couple of slices of ham, heated through and 2 eggs, dry fried.

Feeling rather unwell now (see Parallel thread), but hungry at the same time. I have some cold meats and some salady things that I can have later - once I feel up to it. More fizzy water is called for, I think to calm my panicking digestive system and head.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Better catch up before I get too far behind again! Friday 9 July - bed 6.1 FBG 5.6.

B. Had the boys this morning so a quick breakfast of TAG and usual 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Had taken the boys to WeeHailes. It's a NTS property but WeeHailes Is a fenced in Adventure Playground - they had a blast! Took them for lunch there. Only thing I could have was an Americano.
D. Garlic chicken escalope and one of my broccoli/cauliflower souffle things. Grenade Ice cream bar.

Belated Happy birthday @PenguinMum.

Saturday 10 July - bed 6.9 FBG 6.1

Nipped out to get a few things in M&S and ended up buying all the boys school clothes for next term as their school clothes event was on plus, I had another discount on my Sparks card. Ended up with a discount too good to miss!

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with coronation chicken.
L. Nothing.
D. SLC replaced my hot dog rolls today (moldgate again) so dinner was a hot dog! Done just the way I like with mustard, ketchup, white onion, crispy onion and coleslaw on the side. Oppo choc chip ice cream and raspberries.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was just grumbling about having to go shopping and cooking today because of the soup gone off, when my neighbour called to tell me I should come over to get a portion of broad beans.
I love broad beans!

Got almost a bucket full, and I like them much better fresh than frozen, so I'll be eating lots of broad beans in the next few days :)
Anyone got a favourite recipe to share?

213750941_10223876318770214_3342108493381826452_n.jpg
I boil them, then mix with crispy spring onion, crispy pancetta and garlic.

Reactions: DJC3 and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday 11 July - bed 6.1 FBG 5.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing - final swimming lesson until after school holidays.
D. Gammon glazed with Monk Fruit, cauliflower cheese and swede/carrot mash. Oppo ice cream and raspberries. Campari and soda.

Hubby was telling me off for not placing a bet on the Euro final - I'd entered a competition where I'd forecast 1-1 at full time, 1-1 after extra time but I had England to win on penalties (Italy can be iffy on penalties). Never seen so many penalties saved/missed as there were in this competition.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 12 July - bed 6.8 FBG 6.

Had the youngest almost all day (eldest stayed home to play with friends). Took him with me to visit SIL which suited him as she always has cake!
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast one with coronation chicken, one with egg mayo.
L. Black tea at SILs
D. Still had frankfurter so another hot dog with ketchup, mustard and soft & crispy onions. Cauliflower rosti. Oppo ice cream and raspberries.

@Annb - Are there are ferries still functioning to serve the islands? Just reading today another one has broken down.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb - Are there are ferries still functioning to serve the islands? Just reading today another one has broken down.

I hadn't heard about the ferry, but it doesn't surprise me. Breakdowns are par for the course. Maybe that's why both supermarkets were short of supplies. Planes were off earlier today as well due to fog, so the mail didn't come in either. Even the fish shop didn't have much variety - I think they get most of their fish from the mainland for some strange reason. But I hear a new fish shop has opened, so I will have to have a look at that next chance I get.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Third and last day of broad beans, today the simplest recipe; beans, butter, salt. Very nice! :hungry:

Ignore the meat. I usually bake my marinated pork belly strips in the oven, and not in the frying pan, and I remember why now. Still edible though, if only just. The dogs loved the black pieces of onion and pepper, so nothing was lost :)

215200147_10223891840438246_2527763998745622446_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my appetite back to nearly normal but oh so tired today, I haven’t left my bed all day, so hubby and daughter waiting on me!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and DGF raspberry and coconut bar.
Dinner: Katsu, chicken stir fry (no noodles in mine) followed by SF blueberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my appetite back to nearly normal but oh so tired today, I haven’t left my bed all day, so hubby and daughter waiting on me!
Not sure if I want to react with a hug for the tiredness or a winner for having private waiters, so here is both!
Glad you have your appetite back, being ill is hard work and getting better is much easier with enough nourishment :)
Hope you'll have a wonderful night of sleep tonight and tomorrow will be better!

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
woke feeling better both stomach-wise and back/leg so managed both a breakfast of ff greek, seeds and raspberries, and then my first dance class in 8 weeks since injury. Freedom day indeed :)

Had a morning nap, exercise obviously took it all out of me.
Tiny lunch of 3 squares of my cauliflower cheese savoury and 1 sq of lc millionaire
Quick pop to the supermarket for eggs and cream but spotted some reduced watermelon so tomorrow going to try recreating a starter I saw on a menu last week.

Dinner was frittata with home grown courgettes and handful of chard, cheese, 2 cherry tomatos

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you’re feeling a bit better @Rachox and how lovely to be waited on. Hope the tiredness goes soon.
Today I had lunch of chicken breast and salad with pumpkin seeds sprinkled on. Choc chia pud to follow.
Dinner prepared earlier in IP was mince and cabbage curry. Dollop of 0% Fage and strawberry chia jam.
Got my SLC rolls today and a surprise freebie of a pack of Not Cross buns. They are nearing their sell by date so they said they’d rather give them away than waste them. Suits me!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and eggs, tomatoes for breakfast.
I needed something cool inside me so just a container of sugar free lime jelly and fruit cocktail which put out the intermittent fires in my guts for lunch.
Pickled pork and veggies done in the slow cooker.

Reactions: maglil55

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Breakfast, double shot espresso, a scoop of whey and a tub of cottage cheese. (Was running late)
Lunch, chicken salad.
Dinner, another chicken salad lol.
Chicken, soft boiled egg, olives, huge blueberries, pine nuts, spinach and flaxseeds
E75061DB-76C6-4815-A313-5A772231183A.jpeg

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
Breakfast: Attempted coconut porridge (didn't like it) with a square of dark choc and raspberries stirred in
Lunch: Rainbow salad, gherkins, onions, sliced pork, homemade quiche, a chunk of cheese, followed by yoghurt, raspberries and strawberries
Dinner: Chilli, Lime and Ginger Turkey steak, salad, with a Fibre One bar later in the evening.