What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Think I forgot to post yesterday, after a bit of a traumatic day, I stumbled on the stairs and broke and dislocated my big toe, ouchie :wideyed: Joint pulled back with laughing gas, unfortunately I wasn’t laughing, and I now have a boot and a crutch to let the fracture heal.

I feel your pain @Rachox. At least, I can imagine it. Take care and give it enough time and rest to heal.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes, two slices of low carb bread and ginger marmalade for breakfast.
Two small sausage rolls, glass of flat mineral water and osmolax mixed in.
Roast pork shoulder, green veggies, and gravy. some of my partners lemon / lime sorbet to sooth my gutz for lunch.
Small pea and ham soup, two slices buttered toast for supper at six

Five local chocolate macadamias for a snack watching Prime.

Hope you're big toe get better quickly @Rachox.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Thanks Antje, I am back on the straight and narrow at last. Will try hard to stay there. No bf today, am fasting til midday then am having airfried belly pork slices. I'm going to try the cauliflower rosti as well. Wish me luck! I'm not the best cook in the world since only cooking for one. Once upon a time I cooked every day for 5 and a lot of weekends for 10 so now it's very different. Anyway, my evening meal will probably be 2 boiled eggs with 2 buttered Ryvitas. Have a lovely week and enjoy the sunshine

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
That's when my cooking went awol, Rosemary. I always knew that when I was left on my own, I would no longer cook - not worth the effort for one. Even though Neil is here, we don't eat the same food what with my food intolerances, diabetes and so on and his food allergies and restricted diet. So I prepare my own food and he prepares his. And very often, I just can't be bothered.

RosemaryJackson

I lived on sandwiches for quite a while @Annb, didn't seem worth cooking for one also couldn't get the amounts right. I now fry a lot or airfry or slow cook. I'm a right lazybones now!!

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been having coconut porridge for a few days.
but it upsets my tummy because my gallbladder was removed.
Does anyone recommend any tasty gi food with low fat?
Has anyone tried any?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late breakfast a few spoons of hm yoghurts
Lunch two boiled eggs with slice of lc toast followed by stewed rhubarb and hm yoghurts plus more of my 100% choc with hemp seeds - tempted to eat four squares today so clearly getting used to it’s unique taste.i do like hemp seeds in seed crackers so that’s maybe why.
Dinner salads, kimchi and spiced chicken followed by lc blondie.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
but it upsets my tummy because my gallbladder was removed.
Does anyone recommend any tasty gi food with low fat?
Has anyone tried any?
I don’t eat low fat but I also don’t go overboard with fats.
Have you tried fats that may be kinder on the gut like yoghurt and cheese especially cheeses that have fermented. I’ve read that some people do better with fermented fats. Worth a try? Just avoid like a plague low fat yoghurts that have sugars and emulsifiers added not good for your gut bacteria.
I eat a lot of protein to keep me full as avoiding carbs. Things like eggs and high protein yoghurt for example. Can’t remember if you eat meat and or fish but that would be ideal to provide more filling protein. Take care and hope you can work out a menu for you that helps you manage your diabetes as well as your gut. As an aside I don’t have gall bladder issues but did have some intolerances in my gut but it’s really settled since I’ve been working on improving my gut microbiome.

Reactions: Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing until about 6.30 pm after Em had gone home and I finally felt up to cooking. It was 2 seared salmon fillets with a bed of spinach. I'm currently making something akin to Collard greens, but made with a selection of green leaves with some minced bacon. That's for tomorrow and will probably be what I have for the whole day. BG is on the low side (3.4) so I just had a sherbet lemon sweet to bring it up a bit.

Reactions: shelley262

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: was meant to be the usual ff greek with seeds, but found the very expensive yoghurt I bought at a local farmers market isn't plain, but is in fact honey flavoured. Had nothing else in so had to eat it. Wasn't too sweet and didn't seem to spark cravings. Fingers crossed as is a big pot intened for days ahead yet.
Exercise class followed by a cup of mint tea with friends
L: cold pork belly, pork crunchies with Cole slaw. 1 tomato, half a small pear.
D: Salmon and cod bake with cauliflower and broccoli and cheesy creamy sauce. 2 sqs 85% and 1 sq hm lc cinnamon cake.
Still have to go out to a committee meeting. Hopefully no one will bring biscuits

Zhnyaka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Homophobia, racism, sexism
I had a really low-carb day today. I ate cottage cheese for breakfast, cooked stuffed peppers for lunch and boiled eggs for dinner. And my BG is about 12 :arghh:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee. Such a shame you can’t tolerate the ‘porridge’ @Yaya10_10 , I too have no gall bladder, but fats don’t bother me.
Missed my usual late morning snack as I had my diabetes annual check up, first visit, for bloods, feet, BP, weight etc…. Next visit with DN to discuss results!
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop cappuccino and a phd bar.
Dinner: gammon steak with roasted veggies followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
10.00hrs, pouched eggs, bacon and avacado
1400hrs, homemade green veg soup, few almonds and walnuts
1830hrs, 2xchicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, seasoning and spinach with fried veg
2030hrs snack of 90%chocolate with nuts

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a really low-carb day today. I ate cottage cheese for breakfast, cooked stuffed peppers for lunch and boiled eggs for dinner. And my BG is about 12 :arghh:

What was in the stuffing for the peppers?

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you @shelley262 for your suggestions.

that's why I chose to ask here so I have many different opinions.
I will try to look for things suits my gut.
thanks again

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
thank you @Rachox
you know the porridge is a great breakfast and I feel full which is also a good thing.

The thing is I hope things will settle soon :)

thank you all

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but it upsets my tummy
I find coconut often causes me digestive issues, mostly a laxative effect. I can only have very small amounts. I do have my gall bladder. Maybe it isn't related to your missing gall bladder?

Reactions: Yaya10_10

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, small portion of baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms for breakfast.
Couple of chocolate digestives I found in the fridge, cordial with a scoop full of osmolax for smoko.
T bone steak and mixed veggies, butter mushroom gravy for lunch.
Small cottage pie, two slices of toast for supper at six.

Cleaned up the rest of the chocolate macadamias watching Prime.

A glass of single malt whisky to listen to the streaming ABC jazz in bed.

Breakfast pix.

bt1EGfg.jpg

Three veggie mix.

SQMwW8L.jpg