What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gennepher, I've run out of words to use to praise your sketches. They are brilliant and so full of life and character.

Tired and sore today so I haven't bothered with food - too much effort. Too many boxes to climb over to get to cupboards, even to put washed dishes and pots away. Just had unhealthy snacks today and don't expect to have anything other than those. BG a bit high, but I don't really care.

Car's in the garage and it appears to be a fault with the ABS sensor. Not much in itself, but I daresay the whole instrument panel will have to be taken out to get to it. Not sure if it will come back today. If not I'll have to cancel my leg appointment tomorrow - no other way of getting there (other than spending about £50 on a taxi, which I'm not going to do).
You are very kind @Annb
Thank you...

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
General election 4th July.

Latest inflation figures. Since the lettuce took over and went.
Inflation has risen 20%
Good inflation has risen 30%
Core inflation is 33%

This is because of statistical adjustments by the government and not by the ONS.

Independence day, I hope

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Had to go out early to collect a parcel.
But only a third of it had been delivered.
Where's the other two thirds that I have paid for?

Another thing to sort out, and now I cannot start that job...and I don't feel like sorting that out today.
And then to add insult to injury, the Noah's Ark deluge happened just as I got out of my car back to my bungalow...
Totally drowned and for nothing since I did not get my full parcel.

I now have tummy ache and a chill....

Tired and dispirited I went to bed under an electric blanket where at half two I have only just woke up....

Videos...here is my little bluetit I was videoing yesterday.
12secs
Ah, that has had more views than I thought it would...that has cheered me up...
I might bore you next few days with more videos of my wee little bluetit.
I was sitting on the swing, videoing this wee little bluetit less than one metre in front of me. It didn't seem to mind me videoing it, and wasn't fazed by my phone...

Creative...one line sketch of a woman better protected than me against the rain...a woman with a long puffer jacket, holding what looked like a prescription, heading for the pharmacy....

I am watching the birds at the moment...they don't mind the rain...I am going to snuggle back down the bed...getting up? Not happening...I need some more snuggle warmth...

Have your best day.

View attachment 67806
How awful that you didn't receive all your parcel. Hope you can sort it.
I love the bluetit and your drawing @gennepher

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
While they might be good for the planet, they might not be so good for it's people ..... :wideyed: :(

I have had one incident where I didn't hear one, where the drivers attention seemed anywhere but the road ahead .. :banghead:

Eyes peeled
Ears open
The minimum Requirement in the city

View attachment 67793

Evening @jjraak. When a friend offered me a lift in his electric Tesla, I was staggered at the speed it accelerated. It was like riding in a racing car.

Wednesday's FBG, 4.7 mmol on waking at 6.00 am.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waking bg: 8.2 … so hopefully the anti-inflams for the colitis is beginning to have an effect of my sugars. As for operation Swipey back to basics, I have put my faith in Expressionmed under patches, and a SkinGrip overlay and at the moment the itching is bearable and familiar … so hopefully the zombie flesh eating adhesive is not chomping through the under patch. I also aired the sensor out which people in the Dexcom and Libre Rash FB group swear blind makes a difference.

But we shall see when I have to take it off, if it makes it that far.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Had to go out early to collect a parcel.
But only a third of it had been delivered.
Where's the other two thirds that I have paid for?

Another thing to sort out, and now I cannot start that job...and I don't feel like sorting that out today.
And then to add insult to injury, the Noah's Ark deluge happened just as I got out of my car back to my bungalow...
Totally drowned and for nothing since I did not get my full parcel.

I now have tummy ache and a chill....

Tired and dispirited I went to bed under an electric blanket where at half two I have only just woke up....

Videos...here is my little bluetit I was videoing yesterday.
12secs
Ah, that has had more views than I thought it would...that has cheered me up...
I might bore you next few days with more videos of my wee little bluetit.
I was sitting on the swing, videoing this wee little bluetit less than one metre in front of me. It didn't seem to mind me videoing it, and wasn't fazed by my phone...

Creative...one line sketch of a woman better protected than me against the rain...a woman with a long puffer jacket, holding what looked like a prescription, heading for the pharmacy....

I am watching the birds at the moment...they don't mind the rain...I am going to snuggle back down the bed...getting up? Not happening...I need some more snuggle warmth...

Have your best day.

View attachment 67806
Hug for the lack of goods in your parcel and the deluge but a winner for the pleasure of your little bluetit and your smashing sketch.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Waking bg: 8.2 … so hopefully the anti-inflams for the colitis is beginning to have an effect of my sugars. As for operation Swipey back to basics, I have put my faith in Expressionmed under patches, and a SkinGrip overlay and at the moment the itching is bearable and familiar … so hopefully the zombie flesh eating adhesive is not chomping through the under patch. I also aired the sensor out which people in the Dexcom and Libre Rash FB group swear blind makes a difference.

But we shall see when I have to take it off, if it makes it that far.
All the best with that. I don’t need an under patch but I do use an overlay. Mind you, I’m not using them so much nowadays as I think that they sometimes cause anxious glances at phone screens when trying to enjoy anything other than a piece of glutton free, low carb, very good for your gut flora cardboard.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a, so far, fairly dry start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Yesterday was wipeout day as I didn’t fancy donning waterproofs and welly boots. The garden looks nice and green mind although some petals have been dragged screaming from their siblings on the roses. Today we are taking part in a respite home break out and taking Mrs Miggins’ brother out to lunch. Might need to get ladders out and clean the front gutter as it was giving free demonstrations of how waterfalls develop. Art bit - there is a row of coniferous trees nearby. Happy International Bin Day and I hope your day is less moist than yesterday. Koffy calls - strange noise.

Attachments

• IMG_6392.jpeg
    IMG_6392.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 23

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.85 at 03.30 today. Leg day today. Then, later, I've been invited to a meal at the house of a young Shri Lankan couple who have moved to Stornoway recently. It will make it a long day, and I'm pretty sure I'll end up exhausted and in pain, but I'll be very happy to visit them. Can't let this arthritis shut me away from life.