What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Fbg of 4.6 today.

@Providence 62 -- Good luck with your appointment today (HbA1c and fast-acting insulin).
@hankjam -- Hugs for the somewhat higher levels, frustrations, and feeling wiped out.
@HeliGary -- Glad your shoulder is getting better.
@mojo37 -- It's great to see your blood sugar levels getting back into single digits after the jab.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,

Fbg of 4.6 today.

@Providence 62 -- Good luck with your appointment today (HbA1c and fast-acting insulin).
@hankjam -- Hugs for the somewhat higher levels, frustrations, and feeling wiped out.
@mojo37 -- It's great to see your blood sugar levels getting back into single digits after the jab.
Thank you :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

Fbg of 4.6 today.

Hi @ziggy_w thank you for your thoughts. Just a lot of stuff going on at the moment, some not so easy to handle.
Ho and Hum

Reactions: annabell1

flyn

Hello @flyn,

Welcome to the forum and to this thread.

Normal fasting blood glucose for people with no metabolic problems is generally in the range of 4.0 mmol to 5.6 mmol (or 6 mmol depending on the country you are in). Usually, they give people with diabetes a bit more leeway, though. Your fasting readings are just a bit higher than desirable, but not desastrously so. So, not bad results at all.

Not sure if I am understanding your last question correctly, but you can't really tell whether you are Type 1 or Type 2 from fasting levels alone.

Maybe you can tell us a bit more about yourself? For example, levels at diagnosis, what you've been told by GP/nurse with respect to type, medications, diet, etc.?

Hi All,

I have not been told too much and am heading for a meeting at the med centre next week, I have been using an Exactive EQ Impulse metering thing since I was made aware of the problem I just can not get my head around the inconsistent BSL readings when my diet has been very careful over the period. I have now tried a double dose test each day (09.30 am & 18.30 pm) and while repeating that my diet remains pretty consistent the a.m. readings are still erratic however my p.m. readings, since starting and running for a week now, record 6.1 every time. It really is baffling, and am I to blame an awaking Pancreas at a.m and a steady one at p.m?

Thank you for the replies.
Regards
Flynn