What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning but then the lowest bloods I managed yesterday was 5.9. Today before lunch bloods were still hovering around 5.8 mark, usually much, much lower. Can't explain it other than body still reacting to vaccine.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.1 seems to be staying around the lower 8's which is better than nasty nine's Carb intake generally a lot lower than I normally have ( I won't put that total on here because it's not for the faint hearted ):rolleyes:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
6.1 yesterday. 6.4 today. Higher than usual but I have a new Dexcom senor G6 which is under reading and alarming to say I'm hypoing. Will be back down when the sensor settles.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.8 at 0600, first of day of a reduction to only one Metformin a day so let’s see how it goes !

No running today, legs are protesting which is not surprising, back out on it tomorrow.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 6AM and then 6.0 at 08.30AM. Again an almost straight line of graph in past 24 hours and overnight averaging at around 6.2. Although, it is 6.8 right now while I am 39 hours into fasting.

I am not really feeling hungry, tired or cold but per my earlier hypothesis around the higher readings for no apparent reason, I am inclined to break my fast later today at 48 hours mark.

@HeliGary - congrats and best of luck with the reduction in medication.
@Ryhia - Interesting titbit - I was reading on NHS inform, and they mention "Alcohol in moderation" as a recommended step under Preventing Type 2 Diabetes. Now one might be inclined to read it as a word of caution to not overindulge, but it could very well be them telling people - hey enjoy a little and have some of that lovely red liquid. :D

Have a great day everyone. :)