What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9.2 mmol at 10:00 , far too high, have a lovely day all of you ...here in DK very cold but sunny ...

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I feel your pain.
It is quite stubborn. However I must be doing something correct as my HBA1C was down 3 points, I haven’t visited this 49 for five years. I’ll keep plodding along. Oh yeah, I did a load of strenuous Shed Guttering work yesterday, and still had this 7.0.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.2 this morning. Hope everyone had a great day. I have a trial Dexcom G6. Hoping it's more stable in the first few days and doesn't alarm wrongly all night like the Libre does as it's settling in.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
5.8 this morning on a misty autumn day. Following a 4.4 yesterday putting it down to some water crackers I had last night with cheese and salami for dinner. Challenging week this week as on the road from Tuesday to Friday which by necessity will include some business lunches and dinners so will need to bring the A game. Heading off for a brisk walk before a more casual one to the local shopping centre for a hair cut. My other job today is to activate the mobile app so I can access on the road.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 at 6AM.

I had to break my fast at 23 hours yesterday as I was feeling very cold all of a sudden and so I had about an hour of eating window between 19.30 to 20.30. I ate 40gms extra mature cheddar cheese, flaxseed Porridge, two slices of almond flour bread with butter and keto jam followed by a coffee and my 2 keto bar chocolates. Carb intake was a total of 10 to 12 gms. Considering all this I think it has been very good reading today.

Have a great start of the week everyone. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another manic Monday for some but a Two Tone Trevira suit, no Crombie, day here. 5.2 via Swipey - ok no major complication this very hour but it is 1 too high. Ribeye steak (cooked exactly as I like i.e vaguely shown heat) and Malbec fine but salmon and avo salad are diffwent gwavy. Eating at 6.00 pm isn't wrong per se but way too late for me. Julie's choice of meal eaten at the same time is morally spot on. The outcome on Swipey is definitely not what I want. Scales were happy this a.m. 74.4 kgs (11-10). Good luck this week @muzza3. Glad your fbg is - 1 @Freema. Hug for all those baffled by managing The D.

Last edited: