What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1629874206186.jpg

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today
@HeliGary I ate breakfast 2 hr before Hiit workout yesterday and found a drop in BG - I usually go without breakfast and get a huge spike for a short while afterwards.
Interesting article @Bubbleblower I wish I could change my session to the afternoon.
Hurrah for the fives and omelette power @PenguinMum

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum :woot::woot: - omelette eh?. Eggs are largely a no go for me since we stopped keeping chickens. New Swipey is all over the place so have 24th to 28th Sept from Stabbington in 2015: 4.2, 5.1,4.7,4.7, 4.8,4.9. - all colour coded with notes on food (mucho eggs) and exercise. I still have big doubts that LC is for me but my point is this is a long game with ups and downs/curve balls/googlies/sticky 6s etc

Last edited:

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Yesterday 5.7 fasting morning. This morning 5 - so hopeful that it will be staying put as it seems to drop in numbers every 3 months :)

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.1 - Yesterday 6.9 and went to bed on a 5.6. This is not food. However, yesterday I missed my morning Metformin; Dentist filled me with nice drugs; I didn’t take my readings immediately this morning, I was writing a report for an hour. I’m sure by midday today I’ll get below 6 again.

Reactions: karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. A dastardly 5.4 on Swipey. 8 days (ish) of the oddest and highest readings in 6+ years. Family virus probably behind it. LC holds neither any form of pacifier nor comfort food for me so smile and wave boys, smile and wave. I feel for you @Andydragon.
Hugs for the disappointment and hope virus checks out soon.