What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An indescribable 5.3 this morning. Not to be sniffed at, obviously, and going into the green column of my spreadsheet is always good but I do not understand it.

Ate leftover shepherd's pie (with potato topping) as due to "issues" at home, it was a case of make-do today, so I was bracing for another 6.x+ effort. All hail the swipy!

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am T2, diagnosed in July 2021
You might want to add that to your profile page. We are only allowed to report FBG on this thread and as a newcomer be aware that FBG is nororiously difficult to control even for us oldtimers! Your numbers before and after food are best to concentrate on but I don’t want to put you off being here in anyway lovely to have new contributors.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. Fasting blood sugars were 5.7 the day before yesterday, 5.4 yesterday and 5.0 today.

@DJC3 -- great to see you back in the 5s.
@PenguinMum -- good result today.
@McHelen -- welcome to the thread.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Thank you - it’s always a relief to see a five, even if DP kicks in 2 mins later and it’s in 6s all morning.
Well done for your continued excellent control.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
low carb toast I had .... for brekkie .. was scrumptious. :) Does not compute. :angelic:
My fbg was Gladys - (in the 5s.). She's Elsie's bestie. They sit on a bench, chatting, smelling of cats and giving off a slightly damp odour- soup?:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: bellapodus

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. Fasting blood sugars were 5.7 the day before yesterday, 5.4 yesterday and 5.0 today.

@DJC3 -- great to see you back in the 5s.
@PenguinMum -- good result today.
@McHelen -- welcome to the thread.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Great news!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg was Gladys - (in the 5s.). She's Elsie's bestie. They sit on a bench, chatting, smelling of cats and giving off a slightly damp odour- soup?:angelic:

I thought the smell must be cabbage, buttered of course. Some people leave a lingering memory, but be honest you would miss them if they weren't there. I met up with shady Sadie (6s) this morning Gladys couldn't fit me in, she's a really popular gal.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the smell must be cabbage, buttered of course. Some people leave a lingering memory, but be honest you would miss them if they weren't there. I met up with shady Sadie (6s) this morning Gladys couldn't fit me in, she's a really popular gal.
I think of them as the 2 Tenas:angelic: Probs just post 2 Tenas from now on.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp has inspired me to test more today to see whats going on
Not sure how I did that, @PenguinMum but hope it helps.
Have been a bit lazy, and not read or posted much. Have had a jolly few days of social celebrating life in general.
Well, have been waiting for delivery of new test strips, as I lost faith in the last lot and chucked them out.
Today, new stip offered a respectable 5.8. Hoping the rest of them behave this well.

Reactions: DJC3