What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firmly in sticky sixes with a 6.4. New meter? A bit under the weather? Rebound from not testing, or keeping food diary? Whatever it is, I need to nip it in the bud. Have been for pool workout. Going for a walk, and plodding on.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 this mornings.

Judith had a 7.5 and a call from the nurse booking her in for a second HbA1c in four weeks.

Reactions: mojo37

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1!!! Blow that, I thought. Immediately tested adjacent finger, which normally reads higher. 5.2. I'll go with that.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tags/name checks for standing strong despite The D and life's vicissitudes in general for: @DEBBIESCOTT - despite penicillin you still managed a heavy day's exercise; @BrianDoc king of the road/pavement/steps; @RoughcutAU getting the insulin/carb balance right; @PenguinMum for being herself, keeping on and being in the sticky sixes; @the-mental-one for managing The D and "that other issue" with what seems like good humour and common sense. Everyone else for refusing to bury your head in the sand - The D is a serious issue NOT the last word on us. Swipey's in the post here.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2. Inching down again to 5s. (Said with fingers firmly crossed and a resolve to go for a lunchtime swim, followed by a brisk walk.)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.2 - 4am. Been awake since 2am…. Now, pm 7.1…

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tags/name checks for standing strong despite The D and life's vicissitudes in general for: @DEBBIESCOTT - despite penicillin you still managed a heavy day's exercise; @BrianDoc king of the road/pavement/steps; @RoughcutAU getting the insulin/carb balance right; @PenguinMum for being herself, keeping on and being in the sticky sixes; @the-mental-one for managing The D and "that other issue" with what seems like good humour and common sense. Everyone else for refusing to bury your head in the sand - The D is a serious issue NOT the last word on us. Swipey's in the post here.
Thanks for the winner @OrsonKartt - so good to know you are still about. Take care.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Bit late posting well very late but still here is the latest this morning my new sensor gave a reading of 3.8 at six AM then 3.8 at 7 AM but a more healthy 4.6 for me at 8.20 AM.

Judith is according to the nurse borderline T2 but we shall have to wait and see what the next A1c comes back at.

Looks like I am cooking low carb for four now three dibetics and one fanatically keto body builder grandson will make it simpler I suppose.

Oh forgot to mention reason for late posting had abit of a funny day if you can call it that had workmen booked in for first thing this morning to do extensive work in the kitchen so spent till 2 in the morning clearing every thing out then got a call telling me one of the engineers was unavailable so they will need to reschedule for some time in the future end result us with the entire contents of our kitchen strew around the hous and having then to put it all back.:banghead::banghead:

RoughcutAU

@JohnEGreen I feel your pain re : trades rescheduling last minute ... been there done that before. Can swap FBGs if you want :p

FBG this morning 6.8 ... which is heading in the right direction at least.. though its Good Friday and breakfast will be a whopping 100grams of carbs in Hot Cross buns and a strong Latte. Thank God for Bolus hey.