What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
have had a headache for 6 days now, hoping it's not the metformin, I'm really bored with it already.
Sounds like dehydration to me? I need to drink water, sometimes even if I don’t feel like it. Coffee, teas and any diuretics will add to my dehydration. I’ve been on Metformin since Oct 2019. My HbA1c is now 46 down from 89.

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg ?.? here but I'm above ground so on I go. @JohnEGreen hug for the stress and future work caused by the cancellation. @DEBBIESCOTT what more is there to say? @the-mental-one hug for that headache and metformin issues. @Estragon I hope #repairtablegate goes splendidly and you may have a point about hydration. @RoughcutAU I'm guessing the hot cross bun(s) consumption is competed - I've been eating some of these during Lent but they are UK based. Swipey was unmoved by them so all good for me. Go Team D Worldwide.

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. 8.9 this morning . Had a migraine yesterday, didn't sleep well and have a very muzzy head this morning so it's got to be that. My diet was ok. Let's see what today brings. Happy Easter everyone.

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3, ok. Was worried I’d notice a big change since coming off my medication last month, but all seems to be well.

Reactions: RoughcutAU

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.9 on libre2
7.9 on Tee2+ number one
7.5 on Tee2+ number two
Think libre2 sensors gang aft a-gley.

May give it a while longer to settle in then give Abbotts a call.

Reactions: danziger

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
back up above 6...but only just at 6.1

have had a headache for 6 days now, hoping it's not the metformin, I'm really bored with it already.
Metformin not supposed to cause headaches But Melody having headaches nearly every day since starting metformin also.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.3 this morning ! not sure where that has come from but I want to send it back .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Stuck in the stickies, 6.3. Not the end of the world, but just a bit annoying when following the low carb and exercise model.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stuck in the stickies, 6.3. Not the end of the world, but just a bit annoying when following the low carb and exercise model.
Whoah, just a cotton picking minute there Musky. Perspective please. We are all only entitled to pursue good control or even remission not guaranteed to achieve this or see it each and every day:
Big picture team - look at Unwin's % (25 but I have seen 45% touted). Still better odds than doing nothing.

Last edited:

RoughcutAU

Thanks @ianspurs they look tasty! I found an equivilant here in Oz but at 3 times the price of a regular pack of buns i can live with taking an extra couple of units of insulin.

8.4 this morning. Grumbles into coffee.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
5.9! Yes, done it….. Not been this low since April 2021. Remarkable.

@Estragon I hope #repairtablegate goes splendidly……
Yes, yes it did. I needed to cut some curves, I was able to rejuvenate/reinvigorate/resurrect a rechargeable Jigsaw. Executed some TLC on it: tested with my trusty electric meter; put on overnight charge; I needed 12 volts got a magnificent 13.5 volt output; re-cleaned the connecting “tabs”, and off it went! Vrrrooooom

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9! Yes, done it….. Not been this low since April 2021. Remarkable.

Yes, yes it did. I needed to cut some curves, I was able to rejuvenate/reinvigorate/resurrect a rechargeable Jigsaw. Executed some TLC on it: tested with my trusty electric meter; put on overnight charge; I needed 12 volts got a magnificent 13.5 volt output; re-cleaned the connecting “tabs”, and off it went! Vrrrooooom
Wow, well done on the FBG, long may it continue