What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.4 but had a very happy gathering of the clan here yesterday. Lots of food and drink and laughter. My worst was snaffling a few or more mini eggs accompanying the dessert. Days like that are solid gold. @Estragon I am so delighted for your 5, didnt understand the rest of it though ;) Happy Easter everyone.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoah, just a cotton picking minute there Musky. Perspective please. We are all only entitled to pursue good control or even remission not guaranteed to achieve this or see it each and every day:
Big picture team - look at Unwin's % (25 but I have seen 45% touted). Still better odds than doing nothing.
Indeed! Though if it looks like more mode average is > 6+ then it ain’t remission.
Not letting it get me down. Despite 6.2 today. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Easter Sunday everyone. For fellow believers He is risen indeed, Alleluia. For others sorry if that offend but Happy Passover, late good wishes for Baisakhi and Eid to come or just enjoy a family day if possible. @Estragon snap for the lamb shoulder here but studded with anchovies as well as garlic and rosemary. @DEBBIESCOTT interesting variation between Larry and Stabbo yesterday. Go Team D.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughcutAU

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 today. Tryed a bit of cake last night and BS went up by 2.5 so its stuck on a welsh cake as a treat now and again. Supprised it went from 7.1 at 10 last night to 4.5 this morning but will take what ever Team D throws my way :). Happy Easter everyone

RosemaryJackson

Humph! Team D threw an 8.2 at me this morning after a bedtime 7.7. Not impressed. I was well below 30g of carbs yesterday so expected better. Oh well, I'll be more careful today. Going for a carvery with my son-in-law so it will be easier. Have a great day everyone

Reactions: ianpspurs

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Estragon snap for the lamb shoulder here but studded with anchovies as well as garlic and rosemary.
Yeah, I’m sure I invented Anchovies? Cote du Rhône, is my quaffing weapon of choice, with this off-the-shoulder little number.