What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today. Off to visit Cadbury world with family. Going to be a good boy and look but not touch . Have a good day everyone

RoughcutAU

8.2 this morning. Very late reporting since it is 9:45pm here in Aus. Just home from a weekend away. DAFNE course starts tommorrow and a visit to the Endo to my results from last weeks tests.

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
8.2 this morning. Very late reporting since it is 9:45pm here in Aus. Just home from a weekend away. DAFNE course starts tommorrow and a visit to the Endo to my results from last weeks tests.
Hope the weekend away was splendid and tomorrow goes well.

Reactions: RoughcutAU

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.7 - EndoSys finally read the Memo, and pulled one of the Levers. Outta the 9s, rest of the week should get better.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @ianpspurs it was a great weekend... well aside from my BGLs not being great.

FBG 8.8 this morning :( I certainly won’t be the star pupil in my first day of DAFNE.
You don't need to be the best in the class just the best you can be. UK attendees of DAFNE type courses are scathing, especially those who have been on here for some time.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.6 but it was a very good weekend. Those with votes use them wisely ;). Fasting again for hospital procedure later. Happy Monday everyone.

Reactions: Ryhia and mojo37

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.5 one could say that is better than being in the 10's but only if it keeps going lower .

Reactions: ianpspurs

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
9.5 one could say that is better than being in the 10's but only if it keeps going lower .
Well, “One” could, with this proviso: fluctuations are higher at the higher end and consequently I get depressed. The lower fluctuations are smaller at the lower end of the spectrum/s. Am I making sense?

Reactions: mojo37

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Too much on my mind last night so didn't sleep well. Got up around 5 tested my bloods and they were 6.0. Went back to bed around for another hour or so. Tested again at 7:30 when my bloods were 5.3.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Too much on my mind last night so didn't sleep well. Got up around 5 tested my bloods and they were 6.0. Went back to bed around for another hour or so. Tested again at 7:30 when my bloods were 5.3.
Winner for the later fbg but hug for the poor sleep. Hugner rating is needed

Last edited:

RoughcutAU

FBG at 3:00am 7.2 (ugh first night DAFNE homework) who knew there was a 3:00am :p FBG before breakie 8.8 same as yesterday double ugh. On the plus side my Endo appointment went well.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
7.2 this morning after eating late last night , still no running , off to Physio this evening

Reactions: mojo37