What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice steady 5.5 this morning. Also a week of flatlining on BG graph.
That will do nicely.

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@mojo37 , don’tget despondent. Exercise always increses my BG fora couple of hours, after. Almost makes me want to justify being a couch potato, but not agood choice as joints seize up if I don’t keep moving. Positive of exercise is thar, for me, the increse in endorphins gives a feeling of wellbeing, and I am not losing much muscle mass as I age. Also with exercise, and watching carb intake, overall average BG is reducing.

Fasting today 5.4.
Thank you I know long term the exercise will improve things :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my BS this morning was 8.5!!!! I am pre diabetic. Have been 15yrs!! Need some advice as I'm concerned what's happening. I'm trying very hard to follow a low carbs diet. Many thanks.
Hi Babs51 are you sure that you are still pre diabetic we are all different but 15 yrs seem a long time to be still pre diabetic. Hopefully you still are because then you can turn it around.Sorry I didn't see that someone else had replied the same to you lol

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. 5.9 after fishfinger Thursday and a week of horrible BGs generally. @ianpspurs hug for the knee pain and @DJC3 great fbg again marred by the tummy ache so big hug for that. Gold medals to those in their range and bronze to those of us trying to be. Happy Friday.

Yay! Back in the 5s PM. Good old Fish Finger Thursday. Hope this is the start of more normal BGs now

Reactions: ianpspurs

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 yesterday
5.4 today. Made an old favorite for dinner. Steak diane. Blood sugars hardly moved. It was delightful.

Attachments

• 20200904_124134.jpg
    20200904_124134.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 231

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey guys haven't posted here in a while, had a right mare lately, current situation is even more stressful as I have severe OCD and anxiety, have'nt left the house since March, hadn't hugged my partner since March, he fell and broke his wrist and needed an op 4 weeks ago, dad in hospital possibly having an op today so I've been a but preoccupied and down

Anyways it was a 5.3 for me this morning, hope everyone is well
xx

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey guys haven't posted here in a while, had a right mare lately, current situation is even more stressful as I have severe OCD and anxiety, have'nt left the house since March, hadn't hugged my partner since March, he fell and broke his wrist and needed an op 4 weeks ago, dad in hospital possibly having an op today so I've been a but preoccupied and down

xx
Virtual Hugs for all the anxiety and stress and especially lack of real hugs which is awful. Great FBG despite everything. Keep going.

Reactions: DJC3 and kaylz91

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

xx
Sending big hugs kaylz91 x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

xx

brilliant fbg under any circumstances, let alone under stress. Welcome back.