People wont listen - rant

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. It makes me angry too. Stupidity and stupid people are one of few things that irritate me. But my number one hate is snide people as you will see from my profile. There are some on here, just ignore them.
Thanks.... 1st post in 4 months! Don't know them and they don't know me! What I was picking up on in the book was that carbs (bread, pasta and rice) was healthy and not placed with sugar! Potato's which is a card was places (as chips lol) with vegetables!
To teach a child that chips is healthier than bread, pasta, rice and meat (didn't say colour but included chicken and fish) seems contradictory!
But wow! I had 2 babies almost die on me, because of eating the "wrong" food.
Still not judging them... it is wrong for me and my body!

Reactions: donnellysdogs

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the 'ignore' button on here is particualry useful at times like these.
Thanks, I have never thought of doing this before! This has me close to tears though! I came on here to speak to the people who I always thought lovely friendly people...

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I have never thought of doing this before! This has me close to tears though! I came on here to speak to the people who I always thought lovely friendly people...

Most of us are, there are a sad few which always seem to be looking for an argument. The ignore button is very useful.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Reactions: Prem51 and azure

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just found reply section yes Azure it's now sorted by some miracle I changed the picture following the advice from so many fab. People on here.thank you all and good night
It sounds quite a blunt answer not meant to be I'm quite tired today been a busy few days chilling tomorrow see you all then.

Reactions: Prem51 and zand

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I have been pointing people to this site, and the forum. I have been telling them about my results and how I achieved them. I have been explaining about sugars and carbs, and that low fat is not a good idea. I have used graphs, links to thread, links to videos, links to websites.

And will they listen???

Nope. Not on your Nellie. Nada. Nope.

And even worse, they think I am doing something dangerous and i need saving from myself.

I feel like giving up trying to help as it seems to be alienating others. I am only trying to help as part of conversations about media articles, or their meds, or worsening symptoms. But they dont have the courtesy to even give my info and ideas a go. Not just family, but friends, people I talk to online about other stuff. Its like I am not given a fair hearing and they arent going to listen no matter what.

Fed up : ((((((

MUCH WORSE - Diabetes uk pretend to allow LCLF (not LCHF) as an option, but in my extended correspondence with them refuse to offer low carb advice in any of their literature.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Can we please stay on topic here, posting comments which belittle others is not in the 'spirit' of the forum and will be deleted.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I would like to apologise unreservedly to @busydiabeticmum

Things seem to have escalated, and my response was solely based on a single post.

So. I'm sorry, and I hope things turn out to be good.

I can only thank others for putting me back on the right track.

edit - Posted before your reply, but I do apologise, and can only say, I did respond solely to your first post, and things took off from there.

Reactions: zand

specialk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been pointing people to this site, and the forum. I have been telling them about my results and how I achieved them. I have been explaining about sugars and carbs, and that low fat is not a good idea. I have used graphs, links to thread, links to videos, links to websites.

And will they listen???

Nope. Not on your Nellie. Nada. Nope.

And even worse, they think I am doing something dangerous and i need saving from myself.

I feel like giving up trying to help as it seems to be alienating others. I am only trying to help as part of conversations about media articles, or their meds, or worsening symptoms. But they dont have the courtesy to even give my info and ideas a go. Not just family, but friends, people I talk to online about other stuff. Its like I am not given a fair hearing and they arent going to listen no matter what.

Fed up : ((((((
I know how you feel. But keep spreading the LowcarbHighfat message. It works for me. Off all meds.More and more articles are coming out about it. This is hopeful worth reading
https://phcuk.org/wp-content/upload...nited-Kingdom-Public-Health-Collaboration.pdf

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Someone has asked how to access recipes I found by going on home page and scrolling to bottom of this page there are boxes you can click on one being low carb meals,and much more.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
@joanne75

Sorry, your question was bypassed..

Please can someone give Joanne the info?
I'm on phone and limited ability to point in right direction..

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know how you feel. But keep spreading the LowcarbHighfat message. It works for me. Off all meds.More and more articles are coming out about it. This is hopeful worth reading
https://phcuk.org/wp-content/upload...nited-Kingdom-Public-Health-Collaboration.pdf
Spread sheet is the key along with testing!
Everyone is so unique which then goes back to op's original post... the diet being pushed by government as being "the only healthy option/diet for everyone" from an extremely early age causes this! Everyone is so unique and so the diet they follow is as unique... the people who love us think we have a mental illness/breakdown and are "killing ourselves".... this always happens when you go against the grain and become "abnormal", I love this site, because it gives you a choice! It helps you find a path to follow as well as amazing people who back you up... it is so lonely to face the world "alone" so coming here reminds me that I am not alone, I am not sick (mentally (I hope)) I am not killing myself, I am just doing what is individually right for me.... and we are all doing that together because we are all in the same boat.
I have learnt so much and it encourages me to keep going. I found a strength in the info provided by people on here who are in my opinion sincere.

Thank you to all of you xxx

Reactions: Juicyj

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Mary_Briggs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Gym
I know the feeling serenity, even family members who have been brainwashed with the low cal / low fat mantra, "don't eat the chicken skin, or the pork crackling, it will make you fat!" It only get's worse when dealing with health 'professionals' who is giving wrong advice and pushing medication down your throat (figuratively speaking). I have drastically reduced my meds to control my T2D through intermittent fasting and LCHF and often people have said:"Isn't what your doing DANGEROUS?":banghead:
People don't believe it when I refuse a jacket potato,their good for you ,especially will h your diabetes,they won ble t they not.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: busydiabeticmum

timerich

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
wet weather, litter
just watching 'rip off Britain' Saying how bad coconut oil is for you, based on the fact that it's a saturated fat and therefore bad for you!! :banghead:Frustrating when I know it was changing to low carb and high fat that helped my husband get his BS under control!!

Reactions: Prem51

MartinK9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just watching 'rip off Britain' Saying how bad coconut oil is for you, based on the fact that it's a saturated fat and therefore bad for you!! :banghead:Frustrating when I know it was changing to low carb and high fat that helped my husband get his BS under control!!

Unfortunately they're getting their info from the NHS guidelines

Kenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was only diagnosed with Type 2 in September. I have been taking Simvastatin, Metaformin and blood pressure tablets (the name of which I have forgotten or not learned yet) and so far I have noticed no downside or side effects to these so I will continue to take them Kenny

Reactions: busydiabeticmum

Annette16632

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have had fairly positive response to the LCHF philosophy. I was diagnosed last April 2016 with an Hba1c of 142. The doctor sent me for second blood test. This time it was 133. With diabetes in the family I was expecting it but not at 53 years. Mum was 60 and grandma 65. Mum's dad died from complications (gangrene - wouldn't have his leg amputated!) so I'm fully aware of the dangers but grandma lived to 93 with mum keeping a close eye on her diet - which when I look back - was a sought of LCHF!. I found this website, did the 10 week course and went with it. The Hba1c for my last blood test in December was 40. So now I'm effectively out of the danger zone. Thanks to the diabetes forum I've found the answer to control my health and hopefully a complication free future. I've lost 3 stone and it's been this which has made people ask 'how've you done it! That's been the opportunity to push the LCHF mantra and I've converted at least 2 diabetics! My brother was pre-diabetic (whatever that is). After cutting down on carbs his BG is now in the low 30's. It's been so easy for me. As I've said to people who want to listen - this is the only condition I know of that you can control yourself. No medical intervention required - if you want it that way. One of the people I've spoken to - a diabetic - was going to have bariatric surgery - privately at a personal cost of £8000. I couldn't believe it. We had a long conversation with me banging on about the benefits of low carbing - something by-the-way he had NEVER tried, or been told about by anyone medical or otherwise. I saw him a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't directly admitted that he's been on the LCHF diet but it seems like he's changed his mind about the surgery. He's lost 2 stone - come off some of his meds for blood pressure, gastric reflux and some others. So all I can say is - don't hold back about this diet. See it as saving someone's future. By telling them about it you have done your part. It's then up to them to take the appropriate action. My doctor was fine about the diet, in fact she said it's a good idea. My DN on the other hand, still asks me every sodding visit 'how've you done it!' and I keep telling her 'it was LCHF diet' and 'please tell your other patients about it'. Lets see if anything changes. My firts post and probably my last. Hope it's put a positive spin on this condition. IT IS MANGEABLE I won't say I've reversed it but I have reversed this potential for the complications. Good luck to everyone on this forum and newcomers alike.