What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't been on here for a few days but in a nutshell I had over those days: 6, 6.1, 5.7 and today 5.1.
I'm putting today's reading down to replacing breakfast and dinner yesterday with a green smoothie - I find it helpful when I don't feel like a proper fasting day.
@Goonergal - love your before and after pic - absolutely amazing, what a star!
@DJC3 haven't gone back through all the posts, but did I see you mention a run of 5s? Yay!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :) hope you are enjoying Bank Holiday Monday!

@Goonergal looking good :)

4.8 today

Not too bad but the highest for a couple of months for me - there are a few factors that may have contributed.

overdoing the lovely rhubarb for pudd. yesterday (hopefully not)

stress - waiting for yet another bill, this time for getting the fence at mum's fixed to keep the sheep out. Also it's getting nearer to our hols. and Air France are currently staging strikes :(

DP - we had a large mid afternoon dinner yesterday so I didn't really have anything for tea/supper, my fasting reading tends to be higher if I don't eat at teatime/suppertime.

A funny night, I slept ok but was very warm during the night and am sneezing this morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not too bad but the highest for a couple of months for me - there are a few factors that may have contributed.
@geefull Sorry to hear your fbg is higher than normal. It is interesting to learn what impacts other people negatively, especially those with excellent control. Hope numbers fall again soon - I want to match you at your best not on an off day:angelic: Interesting that your bg is higher if you eat main meal in the evening. I had a meal I enjoy greatly last evening but wasn't happy with 5.4 @ 2 hrs so will try this at lunchtime before ditching it from our repertoire! Granted your impact is on fasting but I don't want to ditch barbeque ribs without a fight :banghead:

Last edited:

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
good morning all :) hope you are enjoying Bank Holiday Monday!

@Goonergal looking good :)

4.8 today

overdoing the lovely rhubarb for pudd. yesterday (hopefully not)

stress - waiting for yet another bill, this time for getting the fence at mum's fixed to keep the sheep out. Also it's getting nearer to our hols. and Air France are currently staging strikes :(

DP - we had a large mid afternoon dinner yesterday so I didn't really have anything for tea/supper, my fasting reading tends to be higher if I don't eat at teatime/suppertime.

A funny night, I slept ok but was very warm during the night and am sneezing this morning.
WOW! I didn't think that Type 2's ever got fasting numbers that low? I thought it was only Type 1's. I have been in the 5's for the very first time this past fortnight ... 5.6 today ... but should I be aiming lower???

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
WOW! I didn't think that Type 2's ever got fasting numbers that low? I thought it was only Type 1's. I have been in the 5's for the very first time this past fortnight ... 5.6 today ... but should I be aiming lower???
5s are fine. Some T2s do get consistently in the 4s, but we are all different. I average around 6.3 and I'm happy with that.
I would love to be in the 5s too, but as long as I'm not over 7 I think that's ok for me.

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
5s are fine. Some T2s do get consistently in the 4s, but we are all different. I average around 6.3 and I'm happy with that.
I would love to be in the 5s too, but as long as I'm not over 7 I think that's ok for me.
Aww thank you so much for putting my mind at rest Prem51. I was always in the 7's and 8's until a fortnight ago, so have been feeling quite good .. until I read that it can be even lower. It's taken two years to achieve 5's !!! :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was always in the 7's and 8's until a fortnight ago, so have been feeling quite good .. until I read that it can be even lower. It's taken two years to achieve 5's !!! :)
@Mal37 you are doing very well so relax. It has taken me 3 years to get where I am. It is a slow process evaluating what the balance is between fuelling exercise and controlling bg levels. It is also a moving target as the body is highly entrepreneurial and adapts quickly so the balance changes. The trend is down so all is good :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and SueJB

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
@Mal37 you are doing very well so relax. It has taken me 3 years to get where I am. It is a slow process evaluating what the balance is between fuelling exercise and controlling bg levels. It is also a moving target as the body is highly entrepreneurial and adapts quickly so the balance changes. The trend is down so all is good :)
Thank you for your encouragement ianspurs. It all helps :D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs no, G&T is not too girlie. It’s a sophisticated man’s drink so suits you very well!
My dad used to drink it and he wasn’t in the slightest bit girlie. He also drank an awful lot of champagne and very good reds and lived to a ripe old age. Enjoy your G&T in the sunshine, nothing better.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aww thank you so much for putting my mind at rest Prem51. I was always in the 7's and 8's until a fortnight ago, so have been feeling quite good .. until I read that it can be even lower. It's taken two years to achieve 5's !!! :)

Wow 2 years - 10/10 for perseverance, remembering this will help me in my impatient quest for lower numbers.