What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 today. Slightly up which reflects the small white roll I ate with yesterday's ploughmans lunch. As my next HBA1C isn't for 6 months I'm going to do a few food trials for about 8 weeks. This small roll was extremely delicious especially when I slapped lashings of lovely butter on it but after 2 hours I was at 8.7 from 5.4. It went back down to 4.2! Think I will just have the butter next time :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have pulled out due to being under the weather. Good luck!
Thanks for the link and I really hope you soon feel better and bloods show nothing disturbing @Goonergal. @ziggy_w thanks for the good wishes. 4.8 this morning so starting fasting early has worked.
Yesterday I just watched TV including Churchill which seemed to portray him as a Gallipoli obsessed drunk and loads of sport which at least is real and live. We did learn that you can make bone broth using frozen bones and veggies which is brilliant - all we added was 1 bouquet garni and water. I strained everything except the liquid into a cup and added ACV and black pepper- loved it ! 9 hrs sleep so clearing this virus. Have a great day folks but if you are thinking of camping out at Windsor you are too late.:angelic:
@Debandez the trials route at this period works perfectly for me so that seems like a perfect plan good luck.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.6 today

I’ve been away for a few days and although I managed to eat fairly low carb I didn’t exercise much, just ambling round the sights and shops so I’m putting it down to that and will get back on the bike today. Have a lovely day.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Was 4.1 at bed time so had a few carbs as didn't feel so good was then 5.6 on waking. yesterday and last night was not a good time for me.

Edit to add

Had appointment with neurologist who want's me to increase my steroids again not too happy with that then had blood test and now have huge bruise on arm and when took hem dressing off the plaster took an inch or two of skin with it not a happy bunny .

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 6.6 today

I’ve been away for a few days and although I managed to eat fairly low carb I didn’t exercise much, just ambling round the sights and shops so I’m putting it down to that and will get back on the bike today. Have a lovely day.
@DJC3 you obviously went to the wrong one of the big 2 Uni towns. Glad you enjoyed your time away and I have replied to your post in the moderate exercise thread.

Mick1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning fellow members of the tribe Dia Bet Es

What a contrast to yesterday, sun is out and looks like being a pleasant day.

My service to the blood loving Lady Vampira, rewarded me with a 6.2 this morning at 5.30am

As they used to put on my school report 'Must try harder'

A terrific Thursday to you all

On upside, I have now lost over 2stone 1lb since february

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
5.1 today. Slightly up which reflects the small white roll I ate with yesterday's ploughmans lunch. As my next HBA1C isn't for 6 months I'm going to do a few food trials for about 8 weeks. This small roll was extremely delicious especially when I slapped lashings of lovely butter on it but after 2 hours I was at 8.7 from 5.4. It went back down to 4.2! Think I will just have the butter next time :)
I am the same if I eat bread ... even the low carb ones!