What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :) 4.4 today

@ianpspurs fasting seems to work well for you :)
@geefull Thanks. I worry that I might become too much of a one trick pony with fasting. Ninjas like yourself seem to be able to get the same effect without fasting. I know I will regain weight but I don't want to dip much more with a bmi today of 21.5

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all
6.3 this morning, better than yesterday I suppose but still don’t know why I was booted out of the 5s club, thought I was getting on well there and following the club rules.

@ianpspurs so glad your fasting has paid off, lovely low number today.

@Goonergal I hope you manage your long day after such a rubbish night.

The dog is hiding from me as she knows I’m going to try to take her out now in this wet windy greyness.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all members of the " he's gone fishing again club and I don't know when he'll be back " club.

A disatarous 4.8 for me this morning, I need to be over 5 to drive which I will be doing later also this low level is going to screw my day up.

Anyway folks have a good day, probably not a good day to go kite surfing and also playing badminton outside.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Just finished a batch of beef broth
I do like a good bone broth but it never makes me as lithe and lissom as either Hemsley sister or Deliciously Ella. What's the secret ingredient @dunelm? @jayney27, as your results show you, and all the others from the daily menu thread, are extremely well motivated and successful leaving me in the corner with the Dunce's hat:bigtears:

Reactions: flexi06

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like a good bone broth but it never makes me as lithe and lissom as either Hemsley sister or Deliciously Ella. What's the secret ingredient @dunelm? @jayney27, as your results show you, and all the others from the daily menu thread, are extremely well motivated and successful leaving me in the corner with the Dunce's hat:bigtears:
I don’t have those cook books and am gradually getting rid of the huge collection of recipe books that I have collected over the years and no longer use. I suppose it’s my version of being an enthusiastic collector of capodimonte figurines and then waking up one day and finding the house full of them :arghh:
I don’t know what the secret ingredient is, might be the apple cider vinegar, but it make a great stock and I also use it as a meal substitute, usually thrown in with mushrooms to make a thin soup. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know what the secret ingredient is, might be the apple cider vinegar, but it make a great stock and I also use it as a meal substitute, usually thrown in with mushrooms to make a thin soup. :)
I do like acv and will try to make some this year as there is a bumper crop of apples and we have all the equipment for making cider but didn't make any last year. We have 5 litres of cider from 2016 but can't use it for acv as we used campden tablets.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do like acv and will try to make some this year as there is a bumper crop of apples and we have all the equipment for making cider but didn't make any last year. We have 5 litres of cider from 2016 but can't use it for acv as we used campden tablets.
Good idea. I use our apple glut to make apple cider vinegar. I just chop up, Cores and all, stuff into kilner jars and fill with water (boiled then cooled). I use a paper napkin and a rubber band as a lid,shove in the back of the cupboard and then wait. Works a treat. :)

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
11.4. I am officially depressed. I don’t understand why my bs is going up again. Am doing keto. I did miss exercise over the weekend but was back on in Tuesday. Numbers shot up after exercise yesterday. This disease seems random

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all members of the " he's gone fishing again club and I don't know when he'll be back " club.

A disatarous 4.8 for me this morning, I need to be over 5 to drive which I will be doing later also this low level is going to screw my day up.

Anyway folks have a good day, probably not a good day to go kite surfing and also playing badminton outside.
hope your ok alf and numbers have come up for you xx and i dont mean lottery numbers :joyful:

Reactions: alf_Josiah

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11.4. I am officially depressed. I don’t understand why my bs is going up again. Am doing keto. I did miss exercise over the weekend but was back on in Tuesday. Numbers shot up after exercise yesterday. This disease seems random

Ahh bless you- this concerns me. I don’t like it when we are doing our best but still goes up. In general (I am still early doors with this little beastly condition) I can pretty much account for raises. Lack of exercise, too many carbs, lack of sleep ( funny how we never overanalyse good numbers lol) but I have seen all the well controlled guys on here getting unexplained rises and I don’t want this to happen- hope u wrestle control back quickly sweetie.