What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had a broken sleep so finally woke up at 0830 to a horrible 6.8

For the next week my afternoons are with the various groups helping the homeless. Birmingham has done well this season with churches, temples, mosques, all offering free meals to the needy. A few asian restaurants have also stepped forward to either offer discounted meals to the elderly or free meals to the homeless.

Here are some of the generous folk https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/places-offering-free-meals-homeless-15566543

Enjoy the day :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

For the next week my afternoons are with the various groups helping the homeless. Birmingham has done well this season with churches, temples, mosques, all offering free meals to the needy. A few asian restaurants have also stepped forward to either offer discounted meals to the elderly or free meals to the homeless.

Here are some of the generous folk https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/places-offering-free-meals-homeless-15566543

Good for you harrisonK xx

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Good work @HarrisonK

Reactions: rhubarb73

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.6 today. More impirtantly my kitchen is dry even though its pouring with rain. Hurrah! No leak.

We are off out to breakfast at an American diner soon. Bacon and eggs for me and piles of pancakes for everyone else. Good coffee too. The only person missing will be my youngest daughter who is having to work double shifts to cover a colleague who hasn’t made it back from Poland after the problems at Gatwick

@PenguinMum I’m sorry your friend isn’t well enoygh to travel to you this Christmas, I’m sure your visit will cheer her enormously though.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Absolutely brilliant of you and those organisations involved @HarrisonK . Helped me see a light shining in the dark. Thank you for that post and GBY. Similar spiritual uplift from your post @PenguinMum. Really can find the evidence in the most unexpected places. I am getting properly schooled today.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Good morning all, a 5.3 greeted me this morning I was hoping the new batteries in the testing dice would get me in the fours, but alas no, the fours were beaten back by the gingerbread man that I dismembered over the course of the day, and half a tub of halo top at teatime.... and perhaps the clementine, ooh and the choccy tree decoration that I shared with my granddaughter, and the Malbec which went down nicely
As they say "There's nothing more tempting than temptation", and there is plenty of that at this time of year.

Happy Sunday everybody.
Malbec's good for you, well it's good for me anyway

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, seems like there's lots of to-ing and fro-ing planned for people today. It's go get goose day for me then cycling nowhere
Madam rose to 5.5 but that's OK says I phlematically! I feel a cryptic crossword coming on!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Malbec's good for you, well it's good for me anyway
Your avatar is singularly festive and your whole mien suitably upbeat - good girl:angelic: Malbec does seem to be ubiquitous atm. I am obviously trying to imitate my betters as we will be having goose on Christmas day and given free choice I prefer Malbec or similar. Is 2 down cyclinggoose?:angelic:

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...oh I am weak & feeble when it comes to Daim bars...carefully packing a Christmas stocking with treats and a couple of them didn't make it...delicious irresistible & so enjoyable...not feeling one bit guilty or regretful...I enjoyed every mouthful even the pieces that fell onto my sweater...don't do this at home folks...thought I'd get my disclaimer in there;)...woke to a relieving & possibly undeserving 5.9

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...oh I am weak & feeble when it comes to Daim bars...carefully packing a Christmas stocking with treats and a couple of them didn't make it...delicious irresistible & so enjoyable...not feeling one bit guilty or regretful...I enjoyed every mouthful even the pieces that fell onto my sweater...don't do this at home folks...thought I'd get my disclaimer in there;)...woke to a relieving & possibly undeserving 5.9
In the age of #Metoo, can I still say everyone needs a bit of @Bubbsie in their life? (I may be a little Scrooge like but I know the value of a Yin to my Yang):)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, I'm up early here (a bit after 5 am so it's back to bed after logging my numbers).
4.1 for me.

Today is my weigh-in day and to my surprise, I lost another 2.4 lbs - 1.09 kg (initially the scale wasn't moving earlier this week),
this gives me a total of 73.19 lbs lost so far (33.2 kg or 5 stone 3.19).

I'm now less than my husband in weight (which as it should be, he's a full foot taller than me).
my starting weight: 273.59 lbs (124.1 kg)
my current weight : 200.2 lbs (90.9 kg)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, I'm up early here (a bit after 5 am so it's back to bed after logging my numbers).
4.1 for me.

Today is my weigh-in day and to my surprise, I lost another 2.4 lbs - 1.09 kg (initially the scale wasn't moving earlier this week),
this gives me a total of 73.19 lbs lost so far (33.2 kg or 5 stone 3.19).

I'm now less than my husband in weight (which as it should be, he's a full foot taller than me).
my starting weight: 273.59 lbs (124.1 kg)
my current weight : 200.2 lbs (90.9 kg)
Brilliant news and the kind of Christmas present made to last. Have a great day - now get back to bed:angelic:For all non UK members this is a fascinating insight into a UK feeding fenzy https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rmarket-christmas-sales-online-super-saturday

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Try the Montezumas again in a month or two when you’ll have acclimatised to life without sugar. I used to hate dark chocolate, had to be Cadburys dairy milk for me, but now I love the intense chocolate hit of the high percentage cocoa stuff.
85% is my limit.
It was very large!!!
Exhibit A your honour. Guilty as charged!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-102948_TripAdvisor.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-102948_TripAdvisor.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 145

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all a bit late but I went to a weathspoons and found that if I hold the beans the gluten free breakfast is also a low carb event and as long as I averted my eyes from the political stuff on the table it wasnt that bad..... Anyhow 5.9 this morning as it was a booze free evening last night....

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

just grey outside today so perhaps we'll get a walk later :)

I don't have much voice this morning but that can only be an advantage ;)

have to go shopping again on the way to mum's, when I tried to buy some chicken yesterday every shop's shelves were bare, one would think that the shops are going to be closed for a month, I just want to make a curry for tomorrow, maybe beef curry instead ? :)

Hope your weekend is going well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

just grey outside today so perhaps we'll get a walk later :)

I don't have much voice this morning but that can only be an advantage ;)

have to go shopping again on the way to mum's, when I tried to buy some chicken yesterday every shop's shelves were bare, one would think that the shops are going to be closed for a month, I just want to make a curry for tomorrow, maybe beef curry instead ? :)

Hope your weekend is going well :)
Great numbers as per usual. Have posted the link elsewhere but this may explain #shelfgate https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rmarket-christmas-sales-online-super-saturday

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news and the kind of Christmas present made to last. Have a great day - now get back to bed:angelic:For all non UK members this is a fascinating insight into a UK feeding fenzy https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rmarket-christmas-sales-online-super-saturday

Will do :) After visting my mom today, I have to venture out to the grocery store myself - the UK feeding frenzy sounds just like ours in Canada (it will be crowded).

We are "over retailed" in Canada (have more stores than we need) or can support especially with the entrance of more American chain stores as the years have gone by and the growth of online shopping) so we are seeing huge shifting/reduction in shopping. As well, the gap between the wealthy and everyone else is growing. (Many of us are downwardly mobile - my husband was a computer programmer/analyst for years, his job went to India, so he's now a 63 year old condo "conceirge" aka security guard.) I suspect a similar phenomena is happening in many countries.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In the age of #Metoo, can I still say everyone needs a bit of @Bubbsie in their life? (I may be a little Scrooge like but I know the value of a Yin to my Yang):)
Ian I am about to atone for my carb excess shortly...an extra long walk with 'phat boy' in the rain...I was surprised I scored in the fives this morning...grateful...but surprised...no guilt however common sense has set in...I am back on the wagon for the next day or so;).