What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Very behind. Taking advantage of my Dad having gone back to bed after his breakfast (no idea why came down to find evidence of breaky having been consumed and his bedroom door re-closed)!

@ziggy_w spent most of Friday morning baking. Worth it - clafoutis appreciated by my Dad and his wife and looking forward to my crackers with the cheese tomorrow.

@maglil55 hope your legs are feeling (auto correct just suggested feuding) better and hugs for your Christmas without loved ones.

@Emma_369 know exactly what you mean about treats being so delicious that they all get eaten at once. And enjoy your US trip. Where are you headed? I’m addicted to New York and have just booked a 13 night stay for the summer......

@Brunneria hope Mr B recovers in time for tomorrow. Am also up on the veg count as I’m doing all the food prep at my Dad’s.

@shelley262 a long walk sounds amazing. Poured down all day yesterday so must get out today as feeling very inactive.

@zauberflote hope your mum is OK.

Now on to the food. Eating way too much.

Saturday was lunch of roast chicken with cauliflower cheese followed by raspberry clafoutis and extra thick double cream. Dinner was leftover chicken, smoked salmon - the stuff from Ikea is totally delicious as well as cheap - far too many salted mixed nuts and a piece of the Hotel Chocolat nutty Yule log with extra thick double cream. Sampled the Hotel Chocolat 80% supermilk luxe hazelnuts too.

Yesterday was peckish in the morning so ate more mixed salted nuts and luxe hazelnuts in lieu of breakfast. Lunch was pan fried sea bass fillets with lemon butter sauce, broccoli and pointed spring cabbage. Followed by a ‘tasting’ dessert of a small piece of clafoutis, small piece of nutty Yule log and of course some extra thick double cream. Dinner was an array of cold meats, rocket salad with avocado and a couple of cherry tomatoes with mayonnaise and a corner of nutty Yule log. During the day hoovered up some more nuts and some Lindt 90% left from my last visit.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas - off to Brum tomorrow to my Dad’s wife’s mother’s house where internet (and heating) doesn’t seem to exist!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Emma_369 know exactly what you mean about treats being so delicious that they all get eaten at once. And enjoy your US trip. Where are you headed? I’m addicted to New York and have just booked a 13 night stay for the summer......
!

Oh I love New York!! Very jealous of that trip. We had our honeymoon there and it’s my favourite city by far (of where I’ve been so far anyway) This time it’s vegas for us. First time in the sin city although will be less sinful for us with a 5yr old in tow. My mini-me is a somewhat seasoned traveller for her age as we just love to travel so we have lots of fun planned and can’t wait for this adventure :)

SRARY

11am bacon and Warcraft herb baked eggs.
5pm oomi noodle tuna, cheese and cream melt. Oh yeah.

The noodles (in butter, cream, garlic and cheese), seem to be helping me to hit my fat to protein macros beautifully. :D

I made the mistake today of testing a perfume. The strongest notes seem to be sickly white chocolate and plum. Tooooo much! It doesn’t seem to wash off, either. :(
This suggestion might be not bad.
%D9%A2%D9%A0%D9%A1%D9%A8%D9%A1%D9%A2%D9%A2%D9%A1_%D9%A1%D9%A3%D9%A1%D9%A7%D9%A0%D9%A0.jpg

Kingmidas

No breakfast today but bacon, egg, tomato and mushrooms for lunch.

Managed to prise my blood test results out of the receptionist at the Dr but it was hard work! She couldn't seem to grasp that not knowing, worrying and having to wait for an appointment is worse than having the results and doing a bit of research!

It was good to read 'HbA1c 39 - no evidence of diabetes currently' but a couple of my liver enzymes (alp and alt) are still higher than they should be but only by a little. Sadly I don't have my previous blood tests to compare to but I think the general trend has improved. I know I have a fatty liver but I'm hoping I can sort this out by diet.

It also says my triglycerides are slightly elevated but they didn't tell me they were testing my cholesterol so it wasn't fasting! Last time this happened the Dr said it 'didn't count' if it was a non fasting test. I do wish they'd make their minds up ...

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@djc12 thanks for your concern! My brother (700 miles away) and I discussed it as best we could with mom in my presence. She’s fractured a vertebra from exactly the same kind of “sat down suddenly on floor” fall, and it was at this time of year in her first months at her previous assisted living. MDs put her in a medieval torso cage which did nothing except make her tense and miserable and confused. So we decided to wait and see. Everything closes down for a few days now- no admin at her place possibly all week, no regular dr visit today, so our options are limiting to me bc I have to work tonight and cannot get out of it (solo musician at church). And.... my car died the minute I got home from her yesterday, so it’s a good thing that didn’t happen with her in it!!!

Reactions: DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs @Brunneria thank you!
@Goonergal trying not to create a string of tags here
Thank you (all y’all!!!) for your concern!! It makes me feel warm and cared-for (insert heart here). As I just got up and have my dead car to deal with first, I’ve shelved it for the moment. Later today.
FBG 134/7.43!!!!!!! What the...???? Am I dehydrated? I’ll go on that for starters.

Reactions: DJC3

Kingmidas

Did a little bit of very easy baking - or rather daughter did. Made these coconut macaroons with a 'Dr Almond' mix and drizzled with 90% cocoa chocolate. Used the rest of the melted choc to coat some frozen cherries as a nice sweet treat, and the last drop I mixed with some coconut cream to make a teeny pudding. 3 desserts in one! I always used to start my morning with tea and digestives and just occasionally I really fancy something to nibble. I'm never hungry enough for 'full' breakfast early in the morning - I don't really fancy anything till at least 10.30 - 11 or so!
20181224_152306.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, Dockey and Lunch : Tea
Afternoon: Tea then dog walk then tea
Evening meal: Will be Burger with slice of emmental; portobello mushroom; salad; coleslaw (2 kgs for 13p); h/m sweet potato wedges swapped for halloumi fries logistical problem with ovens and fridges involving goose, turkey and ridiculous amounts of food.
Very definitely not the planned/ordered menu but I felt I should eat something and I could probably have made worse choices. (It is going to be a long 2 days. They are watching Mary Poppins:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:)
Have yourselves a merry little Christmas

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did a little bit of very easy baking - or rather daughter did. Made these coconut macaroons with a 'Dr Almond' mix and drizzled with 90% cocoa chocolate. Used the rest of the melted choc to coat some frozen cherries as a nice sweet treat, and the last drop I mixed with some coconut cream to make a teeny pudding. 3 desserts in one! I always used to start my morning with tea and digestives and just occasionally I really fancy something to nibble. I'm never hungry enough for 'full' breakfast early in the morning - I don't really fancy anything till at least 10.30 - 11 or so!View attachment 30211
They look really good. How did they taste?

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs @Brunneria thank you!
@Goonergal trying not to create a string of tags here
Thank you (all y’all!!!) for your concern!! It makes me feel warm and cared-for (insert heart here). As I just got up and have my dead car to deal with first, I’ve shelved it for the moment. Later today.
FBG 134/7.43!!!!!!! What the...???? Am I dehydrated? I’ll go on that for starters.
So sorry for all your worries. You don't need it anytime but it is 10 x worse at this time of year when everything grinds to a halt. I wouldn't concern yourself about your BG reading. There's a fair chance it is stress related. Just ignore it and carry on. xx

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: zauberflote

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal - I had a laugh at the Thought of my feuding legs. Probably not a bad description. They're not bad though. The physio' s work usually gives me a few days relief. Can I suggest thermals for your Dad's MIL house? My MIL was the opposite - positively tropical their house. Have a lovely time.
@Emma_369 - have a wonderful holiday in Vegas. I'm sure you will. My SIL was there last year and she said the shows are fabulous.
@Kingmidas - you'll have that feeling of sadness but remember the good times. We had our family dinner yesterday and we shed a tear for our brother and sister we lost this year. I've been through seeing my niece as she always spent Christmas Eve with her Dad. She's heading out to her Mum's which I think is a good idea. xx
@Brunneria - hope Mr B is on the road to recovery and Christmas at Mam's is OK although again it will be emotional the first year without Pop.
Glad to say No 1 is recovering from his sickness bug. He's drinking water and asked for toast so he must be on the mend. Still wondering who's next. I'm waiting for the call to do the present run. I've delivered everything apart from the run along the road but the boys are usually off to bed early. I sent them a final Christmas Eve video from that PNP site as well. Nipped up to Marks for some bits and bobs. Picked up some of their posh fishy stuff which was dated for tomorrow. Going to be weird tomorrow just the 2 of us. I can't decide whether I like it or not.
B. Slice of Morrisons high protein wholemeal toast and 2 scrambled eggs. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing.
D. Cod loin which I coated in my favourite 'crumb' mix - parmesan, almond flour, milled flaxseed, sesame seeds, paprika, parsley and salt. Beautifully crisp. 1 beetroot and a few of the vegetable chips. Also made the DD curried tartare sauce to go with it.
It's kind of chilly so I'll be glad to get the final present run out of the way.
On a happier note, my nephew's wife gave birth to a little girl yesterday. Nice to endctge year on a positive note.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal - I had a laugh at the Thought of my feuding legs. Probably not a bad description. They're not bad though. The physio' s work usually gives me a few days relief. Can I suggest thermals for your Dad's MIL house? My MIL was the opposite - positively tropical their house. Have a lovely time.
@Emma_369 - have a wonderful holiday in Vegas. I'm sure you will. My SIL was there last year and she said the shows are fabulous.
@Kingmidas - you'll have that feeling of sadness but remember the good times. We had our family dinner yesterday and we shed a tear for our brother and sister we lost this year. I've been through seeing my niece as she always spent Christmas Eve with her Dad. She's heading out to her Mum's which I think is a good idea. xx
@Brunneria - hope Mr B is on the road to recovery and Christmas at Mam's is OK although again it will be emotional the first year without Pop.
Glad to say No 1 is recovering from his sickness bug. He's drinking water and asked for toast so he must be on the mend. Still wondering who's next. I'm waiting for the call to do the present run. I've delivered everything apart from the run along the road but the boys are usually off to bed early. I sent them a final Christmas Eve video from that PNP site as well. Nipped up to Marks for some bits and bobs. Picked up some of their posh fishy stuff which was dated for tomorrow. Going to be weird tomorrow just the 2 of us. I can't decide whether I like it or not.
B. Slice of Morrisons high protein wholemeal toast and 2 scrambled eggs. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing.
D. Cod loin which I coated in my favourite 'crumb' mix - parmesan, almond flour, milled flaxseed, sesame seeds, paprika, parsley and salt. Beautifully crisp. 1 beetroot and a few of the vegetable chips. Also made the DD curried tartare sauce to go with it.
It's kind of chilly so I'll be glad to get the final present run out of the way.
On a happier note, my nephew's wife gave birth to a little girl yesterday. Nice to endctge year on a positive note.
And a Happy New Year xxx
mce-2017-large.jpg

Kingmidas

Finished off today with a lo-dough prawn and pepper pizza and the cherries I chocolate coated.

Going to ease up a little bit tomorrow but still be LC mindful! Christmas lunch starter is a baked camembert with celery to dip (garlic ciabatta sticks for daughter), lunch - chicken, pigs in blankets, broccoli, carrots, peas and probably just one roast potato and a Yorkshire pudding.

Dessert - there will be roulade!

Have a good day everyone x
IMG_20181224_190800_068.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fried eggs and bacon followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: chia pudding with LC chocolate granola and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme with roasted Mediterranean vegetables followed by a piece of this LC chocolate cake with cream
https://lowcarbyum.com/keto-flourless-chocolate-cake/ Thanks @Goonergal for the recipe.
I had made the cake for me to have while the rest of the family tuck into my son’s full carb chocolate birthday cake tomorrow (yes Christmas Day baby will be turning 23!) but I couldn’t wait! :joyful:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. So excited for tomorrow!!!
Breakfast - 2 squares 85% dark chocolate
Lunch - tuna & cheese salad with tomatoes lettuce and cucumber and some mayo
Dinner - half a bag dry roasted peanuts and more of my low carb chocolate & peanut squares
So yes a day consisting of picking at bits but Xmas eve has always been a ‘snacking’ day in our house on whatever Xmas treats we want so I feel I’ve joined in without really being naughty
Although a small glass of baileys has now been poured but that’s my Xmas guilty pleasure and will happily accept whatever BG comes from it.
Hope everyone has a fabulous Xmas! I’ll be quiet for a bit whilst on holiday - will try and check in where I can :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear everyone’s news and holiday plans.
Christmas Eve has been busy but very enjoyable.
Breakfast sausage, bacon and egg
Lunch bits of ham, cheese, tomato and celery and leftover lc cheese scone.
Dinner baked salmon, cauliflower cheese and then out to friend’s Christmas Eve drinks do I said no to at least 25 trays of snacks! They were all high carb and luckily by eating before I went I wasn’t tempted at all stuck to a dry prosseco! Back home for lc lemon and lime mousse and about to have glass of lc baileys.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day tomorrow wishing of all you a wonderful day and happy festive season.