What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well as far as Fridays go today has been one of the best - scales showed under 11 stone - no idea the last time that happened. Just one pound off my 5 stone now. My mom had a sort out and found a bag full of old clothes which included a dress I bought whilst in Uganda for a wedding - try it on my mom said - it only fits. Not that I’d ever wear it out but have decided it’s perfect for when me and Ellie play princesses and I can just feel nice that I can say I’m wearing clothes I did when I was 18 :D
Breakfast - montezuma Black Forest gateau chocolate with cup of coffee
Lunch - 2 chicken & veg skewers with mayo
Dinner - 3 Cumberland sausage, 3 thick smoky bacon, 1 fried egg, mushrooms, grilled tomato and a tiny rosti (7g carb)

I love the mental picture of you and your little girl both dressing up playing princesses. Magical memories for you both.
Have a wonderful trip to London tomorrow in your new glad rags.

Reactions: zauberflote

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well as far as Fridays go today has been one of the best - scales showed under 11 stone - no idea the last time that happened. Just one pound off my 5 stone now. My mom had a sort out and found a bag full of old clothes which included a dress I bought whilst in Uganda for a wedding - try it on my mom said - it only fits. Not that I’d ever wear it out but have decided it’s perfect for when me and Ellie play princesses and I can just feel nice that I can say I’m wearing clothes I did when I was 18 :D
Breakfast - montezuma Black Forest gateau chocolate with cup of coffee
Lunch - 2 chicken & veg skewers with mayo
Dinner - 3 Cumberland sausage, 3 thick smoky bacon, 1 fried egg, mushrooms, grilled tomato and a tiny rosti (7g carb)
Fantastic news Emma! You must be elated! Such an achievement and it must feel fantastic to get into that dress! I appear to be stuck at a bit off a plateau with my weight loss....and about a stone behind you. I just keep losing and gaining the same two pounds at the mo!

Reactions: maglil55

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic news Emma! You must be elated! Such an achievement and it must feel fantastic to get into that dress! I appear to be stuck at a bit off a plateau with my weight loss....and about a stone behind you. I just keep losing and gaining the same two pounds at the mo!
I know it can get frustrating when it gets like that - I think everyone hits a plateau at some point - it’s taken some fasts to push me down this low - after this weekend I know I’ll be back over the 11st mark so might avoid the scales for a fortnight ;)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it can get frustrating when it gets like that - I think everyone hits a plateau at some point - it’s taken some fasts to push me down this low - after this weekend I know I’ll be back over the 11st mark so might avoid the scales for a fortnight ;)
I might have to be brave and give some fasts a go.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
infrequent visitor, but spotted @Rachox in hospital get well soon, hope the foot heals quickly for you.

Breakfast today,
2 poached eggs, one and a half ryvita..and some sun dried tomatoes

spotted chocolate recipe, so gave it a go.
Knob of butter, 2 dark chocolate squares,
spoon of peanut butter..M/W 30+ seconds.mixed in then poured over a baking tray of
nuts on grease proof paper...lovely

and had me full from 10am until 7pm

then had a naughty kfc at work.
2 pieces chicken..ate
and a few of the chips..say 8.
start i was 5.8 ...1 hr..7.8..2 hrs 6.7...looks like i got away with that one.
won't be a regular occurence, just plain fancied it and wanted to test it after.

really do feel more comfortable eating this way now.

missus bought me slim rice ( holland & barrett)..no carb rice.
also got low/no carb noodles in cupboard.

not used either yet, and i was gagging for rice and noodles when i first got DX.
how we adapt, hey.

wish you the best..loving all the food choices.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@jjraak that choc/nut deal sounds luscious!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Confessing to falling off wagon in amounts and times, but all LC foods except that bite of 78% chocolate. Tomorrow is with Mom and bro. Will have HM crustless cheese quiche for either lunch or supper, with spinach leaves thrown about and batted with celery sticks; and who knows what restaurant for the other meal. “Mary Poppins Returns” will be attempted in between.
Enjoy Saturday, y’all!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, Morphine, brilliant for the pain but made me sick as a dog :hungover:

Oh Rachox, that's all pretty rubbish.

Haven't they been dosing you up with anti-emetics in parallel? The only time I have been on morphine that was the protocol. I didn't experience anything other than slight queasiness, but also ended up on an antihistamine as I developed a raging urticaria, making me look like I'd got sunburn, or the like.

Thankfully I was off it all very quickly. Fingers crossed for you.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Well I’m definitely heavier and a different shape to then but sitting in the same princess dress I did 15yrs ago, well, makes the world feel like a magical place :hilarious:
Understand completely the shape is different thing, you have done well to get so close to target.
Its the same here, think I weigh now around the same as when I was fifteen, but the shape is nothing like it was.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
spotted chocolate recipe, so gave it a go.
Knob of butter, 2 dark chocolate squares,
spoon of peanut butter..M/W 30+ seconds.mixed in then poured over a baking tray of
nuts on grease proof paper...lovely
Love the sound of this, will be giving it a go sometime, cant promise today though.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I might have to be brave and give some fasts a go.
Why not ring a few changes for a bit to shake things up. How about just missing one meal on one or two days a week to trial it? I’ve always found it easier to miss breakfast and extend my nightly fast. Sounds like your body has found a place where it’s comfortable but you’d prefer lower. Another option could be to look at your fat consumption overall as by lowering it you can get body to fuel from it’s own stored fat if you are keto. It’s working out which change you’d be comfortable to make good luck.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Understand completely the shape is different thing, you have done well to get so close to target.
Its the same here, think I weigh now around the same as when I was fifteen, but the shape is nothing like it was.
Great news on the weight front ladies. No idea how it works for ladies but I am definitely a little lighter than at 16 but with far less muscle and strength so a slightly different shape. I won't ever be able again to run with an 8 stone bag on my shoulder,:arghh:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox I hope today is better for you. Any chance of escaping to home yet?
How is the food (are you eating anything 'proper' yet?)

My food yesterday was a sort of accident. Twice.

No B
L was hunters chicken with the BBQ sauce scraped off. which was difficult, since the sauce was under the bacon and on top of the chicken. Thought it was a disaster when the plate arrived. tiny chicken, massive salad and chips swamping the plate. But it turned out there were 2 smallish chicken breasts one on top of the other, so I got enough, and left the chips and salad untouched.
D was korma'd lamb mince with added garlic and ginger. Nicer than expected. The lamb was 20% fat, which was just right, once I had drained Mr B's fat onto my plate. :) OF course he ruined his by adding cauli rice and peas. But at least he enjoyed it.

Last edited:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why not ring a few changes for a bit to shake things up. How about just missing one meal on one or two days a week to trial it? I’ve always found it easier to miss breakfast and extend my nightly fast. Sounds like your body has found a place where it’s comfortable but you’d prefer lower. Another option could be to look at your fat consumption overall as by lowering it you can get body to fuel from it’s own stored fat if you are keto. It’s working out which change you’d be comfortable to make good luck.
Thanks Shelley. I'm definitely going to change things up a bit. I'm not sure if I'm technically Keto, but we mostly eat under 30g carbs a day, so it's possible I am in ketosis for at least some of the time.