What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Discovered today there is an Ocado near us. And have just had their flyer through their door. So we may get home delveries from them.

Breakfast: Boiled eggs x 2 - (no dippy soldiers) and a 200ml glass of milk.
Lunch: Bowl of Greek yoghourt and mixed berry fruit.
Dinner: Sausage, bacon, egg and fried mushrooms. With a slice of Burgen bread. My wife tried that bread today and seemed okay with it but the little one winged about “the nuts” in it.

Tea as usual.
I use Ocado and find they are very good - a bit pricey BUT you can normally get really good offers especially if you are a new customer. I started my mum as a new customer recently and she got lots off her first few shops plus free delivery. Well worth a try and they tend to have lots of low carb stuff too hope you get discount codes sortedworth a search online for new customer codes.
Edit they also have flash sales on checkout and often include really good meat and fish deals.

Reactions: Listlad

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went off of virtually everything when I was pregnant but (infamously) had a 9 month craving for jam doughnuts cut in half side ways then piled high with Mattesons prawn cocktail / coleslaw (lumpy pink stuff). I've not touched it since my daughter was born. Eughhhh. What I've never worked out is why. My midwife at the time said women crave something that contains nutrients they need - but jam doughnuts and prawn coleslaw cocktail????

My craving was for the bones in tins of salmon - didn’t want the actual fish so Rest of family lived on salmon sandwiches and salads for months as I went through tins and tins of the stuff just picking the bones out - it was something about the crumbly texture I wanted.

Reactions: ZoomZ and maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick posting as I’m in the middle of thrashing the girls at Boggle!
B: 2 boiled eggs and @shelley262 ‘s seedy crackers
L: More of the seedy crackers with tuna pate. Rhubarb ‘fool’
D: @Mongolia ‘s crispy sesame tofu with zoodles. Very nice but bg went up by 1.5 which is more than I like. I think I just ate too much of it!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Ocado and find they are very good - a bit pricey BUT you can normally get really good offers especially if you are a new customer. I started my mum as a new customer recently and she got lots off her first few shops plus free delivery. Well worth a try and they tend to have lots of low carb stuff too hope you get discount codes sortedworth a search online for new customer codes.
Edit they also have flash sales on checkout and often include really good meat and fish deals.
I am looking at them now. Yes a bit pricey but it will save me some driving about and shopping time. I will get it all delivered each Monday morning while I am working here in the house.

Yes, there are introductory discounts.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: LC cauliflower and brocolli cheese (found a random portion whilst sorting the freezer out) followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold Chinese style pork, cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

57D11D68-58D7-4F15-B6C8-A3AF2D11BEA4.jpeg

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Cold roast duck pieces, chilli sauce dip, several XXXX Gold pots at the bowls club.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies and gravy also at the bowls club.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomato.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water, beer.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
today I have been brining some duck eggs and finishing off the latest batch of kefir - decided to do a second fermentation with added blackberries. We will have that tomorrow. Kefir seeds now in hybernation in the fridge until we get back from holiday in three weeks time.
Lunch; some asparagus and broccoli in the fridge so dry fried and then added spices and some beef bone jelly, topped with mozzarella and threw under the grill. Finished off with some lee and perrin.
Dinner; pan fried chicken with piri piri, a salad and some coleslaw washed down with fermented grape juice.

cireland

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pain au chocolat for breakfast, homemade soughdough with cheese and parma ham, and Indian for dinner!

Reactions: ZoomZ

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
today I have been brining some duck eggs and finishing off the latest batch of kefir - decided to do a second fermentation with added blackberries. We will have that tomorrow. Kefir seeds now in hybernation in the fridge until we get back from holiday in three weeks time.
Lunch; some asparagus and broccoli in the fridge so dry fried and then added spices and some beef bone jelly, topped with mozzarella and threw under the grill. Finished off with some lee and perrin.
Dinner; pan fried chicken with piri piri, a salad and some coleslaw washed down with fermented grape juice.

Interesting, Dunelm. Are these duck salted eggs? I must admit they are on my list to do when back in UK.

I'll often us a hard boiled egg as a snack or lunch element, if I have to do a packed lunch, but like a little salt on my eggs, so thought salted eggs could be the way forward.

A few weeks ago, I got the egg colours mixed up here, thinking the pink eggs were the ready cooked salted eggs, when indeed they are century eggs, and quite, quite "different".

Oh well. I tried them, but don't think I'll need to t-shirt.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 is Cooper all recovered I hope?
Hi @West335 ! Nice to meet you
@Brunneria wonder if your floppies are caused by allergies? We are having a brutal time already and it’s not even April. Fatigue can come from allergies here.
@DCUKMod ok I looked up century eggs. You are far more adventurous than I. Looks from the description like the smell of the yolk alone would keep me away!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Breakfast was So Long ago it was yesterday. Usual 1/2 avocado, egg, with “just for antibiotics” skyr with mustard. DWS&C.
Lunch seltzer and a decaf while out with Mom.
First supper early, ravenous: 2/3 tin sardines w olive oil, lc tortilla with almond butter and skyr, celery.
Out to opera with old work friend.
Late supper skyr bulletproofed with olive oil, much better than it sounds, and some totally unnecessary mixed nuts.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 is Cooper all recovered I hope?
Hi @West335 ! Nice to meet you
@Brunneria wonder if your floppies are caused by allergies? We are having a brutal time already and it’s not even April. Fatigue can come from allergies here.
@DCUKMod ok I looked up century eggs. You are far more adventurous than I. Looks from the description like the smell of the yolk alone would keep me away!

In my book, one has to try things to know one doesn't like them. I've tried some things in my time! :)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lolol @DCUKMod I consider the sense of smell to be the “gateway” to trying something! Step one: put food near face. Step two: if it makes you feel nauseated just to be near it, don’t put any in your mouth because Step three: no, we don’t want to go there

Reactions: ZoomZ and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lolol @DCUKMod I consider the sense of smell to be the “gateway” to trying something! Step one: put food near face. Step two: if it makes you feel nauseated just to be near it, don’t put any in your mouth because Step three: no, we don’t want to go there

You obviously weren't built on the Clyde than. (Constitution to rival an ox.)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting, Dunelm. Are these duck salted eggs? I must admit they are on my list to do when back in UK.

I'll often us a hard boiled egg as a snack or lunch element, if I have to do a packed lunch, but like a little salt on my eggs, so thought salted eggs could be the way forward.

A few weeks ago, I got the egg colours mixed up here, thinking the pink eggs were the ready cooked salted eggs, when indeed they are century eggs, and quite, quite "different".

Oh well. I tried them, but don't think I'll need to t-shirt.

Yes, the egg stall on our Friday market sells a variety of eggs and I like these. Wash the shells, pop into a container, cover with brine and leave for about three weeks - four if you like them more salty.
Tip for when you have a go; heat water before adding salt to make sure you saturate, then let go cold. I put a zip lock bag with a bit of water in to weigh the eggs down.
I tried balut once - just the once - no t-shirt either.

Reactions: Chook

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, the egg stall on our Friday market sells a variety of eggs and I like these. Wash the shells, pop into a container, cover with brine and leave for about three weeks - four if you like them more salty.
Tip for when you have a go; heat water before adding salt to make sure you saturate, then let go cold. I put a zip lock bag with a bit of water in to weigh the eggs down.
I tried balut once - just the once - no t-shirt either.

We have an egg man too, doing all sorts of eggs. I've actually eaten a fair few duck eggs here too. I've always liked them.

What amuses me is the sale of ready boiled eggs, usually with soy sauce I reckon you could buy just about anything here.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What amuses me is the sale of ready boiled eggs, usually with soy sauce I reckon you could buy just about anything here.
This was something I have come across too. Ready boiled eggs. We were all out viewing the local volcano (a colossal feature in the region and I am a geologist so have an interest in such things) and at one point we dropped into a local shop and it was ready boiled eggs and coconut pie all round.

Reactions: ZoomZ and dunelm