Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
5.7 at 4:15 am.

After another great hba1c result of 5.2% or 34 mmol/mol I am off Metformin finally after two and a half years.
Well done you!!

Reactions: Freema

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.8 this morning. A little higher than I'd like but yesterday, I celebrated an unexpected art sale (from an exhibition) with a small feast (a 6oz, 4 cheese burger with no bun and a pile of veggies, some 85% dark chocolate and a small glass of cabernet sauvignon). I now have art winging it's way to Gemany!

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
8.1 for me, I am experimenting with the carnivore diet and I have stopped lantus before bed as I am about 5 when I go to bed but I seem to rise through the night. I am doing this for a month to see how it goes, I am combining this with intermittent fasting.
What will your carnivore diet involve (apart from meat!)?

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.3 @ 05.26, best without multi-day fasting. Achieved by usual 100 push-ups first thing, 45 minute walk, midday Karate / Power-lifting (heavy) to 1035 calories. 10 home bar bell squats before OMAD dinner at 16:00. 50 minute walk, 10 bar bell squats around 20:30. (Total Fitbit details, 4350 calories, 8.46 miles, 18910 steps, 204 mins).