What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday's food ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. A small bowl of beef-vegetable soup.

Snack: Four squares of 85% chocolate (chocolate's gone now).

Dinner: A 110g patty made of ground ribeye (agree with @Goonergal, a sacrilege, but sooooo good), covered with gouda and topped with avocado cream (avocado mixed with mayonnaise). A heaped teaspoon of pure peanut butter (no sugar, 7g of carbs per 100g). Two glasses of red wine.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Didnt have good fbg today which can only be down to having a Yeo Valley Blackcurrant yogurt after supper yesterday. Its the one OH likes the least in the multipack and was going out of date and it used to be always mine preD so I had it. It was lovely but not worth it. So toda I am eating:
Breakfast: slice of LivLife toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Egg mayo and Little Gem leaves.
Supper: will be small amount of chilli with cauli rice. No afters!

@Ann I think you are doing great considering the balancing act required with the insulin. Interesting take on the sprouts folks. I will have to put that one to the sous chef who is No 1 son and brilliant at Christmas.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Annb -- Sounds as if you're making good progress. Keeping my fingers crossed that lowering insulin will help with weight loss too.
@maglil55 -- Thanks so much for your birthday wishes. Hugs.

Tried out my new kitchen gadgets yesterday.

Sous vide stick: Mixed some sheep milk with clotted cream. Heated mixture to 90 degrees and let it cool to 40 degrees, added a yoghurt with active cultures, and let it sit in a water bath at 38 degrees. Consistency is great, but I'll probably add less fat next time.

Pasta maker: Wonderful gadget, glad I got one with motor. Unfortunately, although the dough worked in the machine, it didn't cook very well. Kind of fell apart. I then did another batch of noodles and fried them in butter and olive oil, which worked okay. Will try the DD recipe next, thanks for the link, @DJC3.

Has anyone tried the pasta flour mix by Dr. Almond? https://lowcarb-glutenfree.com/prod...les-spaghetti-rice-low-carb-keto-gluten-free/. Only 1.6g of carbs per 100g of dry mix. It's a bit pricey, but might be worth it.

Ziggy - I've never made yoghurt sous vide. Did you use jars, containers or sealed bags? How long did you have it in the bath?

I've just started a brew in one of the IPs, which will ferment overnight.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B= exercise bike, water, shower then tea. So far on track. L= avocado and mackerel salad with chia seeds - and 2 oz cheddar which was 1st cause for concern but on its own not too bad. Eve = Almond milk cocoa, CCB, raspberry 10 cal/lc jelly and cream - 2nd cause for concern but the Fage yog. I planned had been opened and gorn orf. Bit of a cop out to say all have fallen short but we move on.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. This is the recipe for the cupcakes - see attached photos. I used extra zest and some juice from the lemons in the cake batter. Got roughly 14 decent sized cup cakes from that mix. I also used a different icing, courtesy of @maglil55 the recipe for that is below. Just whipped all of those ingredients together and spread on top of cakes
  • 100 g cream cheese softened
  • 125 ml natural yoghurt unsweetened (I used double cream instead)
  • 2 tbsp lemon zest (also added a bit of lemon juice)
  • 1 tbs granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
Mum Loves lemon cakes going to make these and take up this weekend for her to cheer her up thank you x

Reactions: ianpspurs

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy stressful day so mainly coffees with cream
A few squares of choc and some walnuts with my tea mid afternoon
Dinner chicken and cauliflower cheese followed by lc lemon mousse and cream.
Last day of antibiotics - crossing fingers and toes. Feels improved but not yet normal hoping it dosent mean it’s still there lurking! Sad news too my aunt died last night so mum needing support. She is eldest of six but very close to this particular sister. Think I will need to be up in York’s a bit more again over next few weeks - going up this weekend. Need to go back to dentists too next week to review what’s next!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last day of antibiotics - crossing fingers and toes. Feels improved but not yet normal hoping it dosent mean it’s still there lurking! Sad news too my aunt died last night so mum needing support. She is eldest of six but very close to this particular sister. Think I will need to be up in York’s a bit more again over next few weeks - going up this weekend. Need to go back to dentists too next week to review what’s next!
Sorry for the loss of your Aunt and worry about the impact on your mother.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for the loss of your Aunt and worry about the impact on your mother.
Thank you @ianpspurs it was expected she was in Barnsley hospice - but it’s the third bereavement this year for mum including her sudden loss of her younger partner in April so it’s a bit of a concern. She’s nearly 89 though and I suppose at that age you are blessed to be the one surviving. She is the eldest of six siblings and three have now died she’s doing well physically just needs some more emotional support.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for theloss of your aunt and hugsto you and your mum.

Mathewted

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)

All Organic except (*)
630AM: Bulletproof Ground Coffee
1030AM: Extra unplanned black instant coffee*
2.00PM: Green Tea with Coconut oil, Qtr Lemon, Sea Salt, Root Ginger
5.00PM: Green Tea with Coconut oil & Qtr Lemon
630PM: X-Large bowl of egg salad - Celery, Fennel, Tomato, Cucumber, Watercress, Spinach, Lettuce, Avocado* Broccoli Sprouts, Grated ginger root, grated Turmeric root, Sea Salt*, Black Pepper, Balsamic, Olive Oil (liberally), Hard Boiled Eggs.
9PM: Green Tea with Coconut oil & Qtr Lemon

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Beef sausages, salad.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual mushroom cheese omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars or grease, lotsa water.

Pork chops are our favourite.

ZWt9HYn.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another lovely day in Harrogate with my old friends, lots of chatting and laughing - very good for the soul.
Breakfast: cheese omelette and mushrooms few cups CWC
Lunch and mid aft just peppermint tea. - luckily I persuaded them I wasn’t hungry and it was perfectly ok for them to eat lunch. We’d stopped at the cafe in Waterstones and there was nothing I could eat.
Dinner at The Ivy, what a treat! Glass of champagne, Smoked salmon and crab starter. Main was blackened cod, sesame oil and soy sauce. With dill mayo, pickled fennel and charred broccoli. ( @PenguinMum you’d have loved it, really gorgeous fish)A glass of Chablis with it. Picked at the cheeseboard afterwards but wasn’t hungry enough to do it justice

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pasta maker: Wonderful gadget, glad I got one with motor. Unfortunately, although the dough worked in the machine, it didn't cook very well. Kind of fell apart. I then did another batch of noodles and fried them in butter and olive oil, which worked okay. Will try the DD recipe next, thanks for the link, @DJC3.

Thanks for the link to the DD link, @shelley262. Mistagged in my previous post

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ziggy - I've never made yoghurt sous vide. Did you use jars, containers or sealed bags? How long did you have it in the bath?

I've just started a brew in one of the IPs, which will ferment overnight.

I just put the mixture in a glass jar (about half a liter), immersed the jar in a pot filled with water and attached the sous vide stick on the side. Set the stick to 38 degrees and 12 hours.

How long does it take in the IP? Definitely seems as if the IP has tons of uses.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

So sorry about your loss. Big hugs to you and your mother. Thinking of you.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's food.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. About 150g of the homemade yohurt with about 20g of heated huckleberries/bilberries with erythritol.

Dinner: Homemade linguini in butter with a ricotta-walnut pesto and meatballs (remainder of the ground ribeye). About 30g of 85% chocolate. Three glasses of red wine.

@PenguinMum -- Hugs for the higher blood sugars. Have they come down yet?
@DJC3 -- Definitely seems as if you are having a fabulous time with your friends. Dinner sounds wonderful.
Welcome to the thread, @Mathewted.

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

So sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt. Your mother is bound to be affected by it and needing support. When we reach the stage of our lives when our family and friends are passing, it doesn't get easier the more it happens. Hugs for you and your mother.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs with Halloumi Marmite soldiers followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner out with friends: 1/2 rotisserie chicken with creamy mushroom sauce, salad and coleslaw.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: 32g almond meal, 9 g flaxseed meal, 30g protein powder, 5g coconut flour made into porridge, with 110g greek yoghurt. Lots of black coffee.
Lunch: 143g cos lettuce, 26g tasty cheese 25% reduced fat, 95g tomato and basil tuna can, 39g dill pickle. All made into a salad
Planned Dinner: 250g cauliflower, 170g green beans, 200g chicken breast.

Reactions: Annb and ziggy_w