What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb - you seem to be making good progress. Well done you. I still have a lot of posts to read but 4's & 5's are really good. @shelley262 - I hope by the time I catch up on the posts your abscess is well and truly gone. That was another of my MIL's isms - she had to go to the dentist because she had " an absail" on her gum!
Anyway, I'm up to Saturday 2 November. Bed 6.2 FBG 6.8. Really horrible day and I was glad I'd done the online shop. Hubby was setting off early to meet friends and head to Glasgow. I warned him to be careful as there were certain groups out in George Square which were to be avoided.
Deliveries appeared early which let me get on with the beginnings of the downstairs clean up.

B. TAG with ADOC.
L. Made a toastie with high protein bread, cheese and ham in that Lakekand microwave toastie thing. I really like it. Later I nipped out to Iceland as I wanted some of their fishy things as it was just me tonight.
D. An Iceland red shrimp with tomato and chilli. As last time I added mushroom, tomato, spinach and one of Iceland's cauliflower rice individual packs. I think @PenguinMum gets them too - pretty handy. Also had a scoop of Graham's goodness high protein ice cream with raspberries.

A nice peaceful evening in front of the TV until Hubby got back about 10pm.

Sunday 3 November - Bed 6.2 and FBG was also 6.2. Had a lie in until 9.30am then up to continue catch up with cleaning before taking boys to swimming lessons and son wanted to go shopping after. Plus needed son to help Hubby to lift old TV off wall before new one arrives tomorrow.
B. TAG with ADOC.
L. Nothing - at swimming with boys.
D. When I finally got back knocked together a beef casserole with carrot, onion, mushroom, cauliflower mash and about a bite sized piece of pastry. Usual campari and soda and scoop of Grahams goodness with raspberries.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w - The attached pic is my yoghurt made overnight last night then (the IP inner pot) put into the fridge to cool. I decanted it late afternoon.

@PenguinMum and @DJC3 - I was in HC at the weekend and bought the miniature Cocoa Gin. I won't be in a hurry to go bigger. That said, I don't "do"chocolate anyway.

Attachments

• IP Yoghurt.jpg
    IP Yoghurt.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 259

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Onto Monday 4 November. Bed 6.9 FBG was also 6.9. Guess the little but pastry pushed ut a little higher. Usual school run and No 2 informs me USA Nana safely back in USA as "there is no one snoring in my room now". Got into my Mondsy Aqua class too.
B. TAG with ADOC.
L. Post Aqua. TV arrived while I was out and Hubby had it all assembled on its stand by the time I got back. However, as a smart TV he needed me to sign into Samsung, Google, Prime and Netflix to set everything up as he cannot remember passwords. Got him to make me another cheese & ham toastie in the microwave thingy and a coffee while I sorted all the smart TV stuff. It gets fitted to the wall on Wednesday.
D. The leftover casserole from yesterday with cauliflower mash and I had another tiny bit if pastry since I thought the BGs were not too bad.
A few raspberries later.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ziggy_w - Dr Almond (who are based in Germany) do a mix for pasta which us pretty good. I have an electric pasta machine which mixes then cuts the pasta (I have lots of shape dies). I've made the Dr Almond mix in it and it worked well.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea until about 1.45 and then -
Lunch steamed broccolli with a cream cheese dressing. I am quite full at the moment but I don't imagine I'll be able to go without more food today. I'll plan to have scrambled eggs later on. Wonder how the cream cheese dressing would go on the eggs - it was delicious and I have half left over.

I didn't have the cream cheese dressing with the eggs - I decided to have pickled cabbage with them. I only made the pickled cabbage a couple of days ago and I was keen to try it. Quite happy with it. I wanted to use the cabbage but am not keen on sauerkraut, so this was an alternative.

I also fell off the wagon in the afternoon - got hungry and had some digestive biscuits - it did put my BG up to 7.5, but it came back down again.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6-11-19
breakfast coffee with cream
tea
coffee with cream
lunch, mrslim made an omelette kind of thing with onion, few slices of potato and cheese. Very tasty and filling.
tea in the afternoon
glass of wine whie i was cooking dinner turned out to be a mistake because the casserole was still partly frozen, by the time it had defrosted and veg cooked, could feel the effect of wine on an empty stomach. We had the chicken casserole with shredded cabbage and carrots, cauliflower and green beans.
Later had a chunk of cantal.
bedtime tea

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: 25g almond meal, 10g coconut flout, 8 g flaxseed meal, 30g protein powder made into porridge. 110g greek yoghurt. Lots of coffee black, two with 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch: 200g iceberg lettuce, 120g canned tuna, dijon mustard.
Snack: 10g pistachio kernel
Dinner 170g green beans, 270g cauliflower, 178g chicken breast, extra large egg fried in 2g butter.

I finally found an almond milk that is unsweetened without vegetable gums. happy about that, as vegetable gums upset my stomach. Stressful day dealing with research and state archives, but didn't give into bad food. I did have a black coffee with full fat cow milk but only enough to color the coffee. From my count I kept carbs below 30g again today.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 could you recommend some fish meals from Iceland. When I go in to stock up on cauli and green rice I dash as parking is very difficult and I usually park in a staff space for 5 mins so never browse.

Reactions: maglil55

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All!

Forgot to post again last night.

B: HC hot choc
L: a rapid inhalation of chicken crackling and puffed cheese to get me through a meeting
S: 70% choc when I got home
S: chicken liver pate on some exceedingly low carb crackers from Holland and Barratt. Interesting. And so fragile they couldn't lift the pate. Rather expensive, too, so probably won't bother again.
S: goatsmilk yog with cream and peanut butter

Gosh, I hate snacking! It just makes me eat more! Very frustrating food day. Today will be a much better organised 2 meals and I will have less washing up ;) and less phaff, and feel significantly more comfortable.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi so been MIA and I've been pretty much eating low residue diet last few days to settle down what may be a UC flare. But I'm playing with the idea of doing canivore for a bit but was wondering what exactly is best to eat if doing canivore like the best type of meat and is it only red meat that's eaten. Also I've always heard eating meat can still cause your BSL to spike so was wondering about that as well any carnivores out therr who can give me ideas. Thanks

With Not eating much my BSL has been ok last night my BSL before bed was 4.8mmol/L and woke up with a BSL of 4.6mmol/L maybe the not eating much thing is helping my BSL. See how long that lasts

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi so been MIA and I've been pretty much eating low residue diet last few days to settle down what may be a UC flare. But I'm playing with the idea of doing canivore for a bit but was wondering what exactly is best to eat if doing canivore like the best type of meat and is it only red meat that's eaten. Also I've always heard eating meat can still cause your BSL to spike so was wondering about that as well any carnivores out therr who can give me ideas. Thanks

With Not eating much my BSL has been ok last night my BSL before bed was 4.8mmol/L and woke up with a BSL of 4.6mmol/L maybe the not eating much thing is helping my BSL. See how long that lasts

There are nearly as many variations on eating carnivore as there are variations for every other way of eating.

some people just eat beef. Or lamb. Or whatever their preferential meat.
others (like me!) eat any meat, fish, eggs, dairy they like - after all, they are all direct from animals.
some people take being carnivore as eating say 90-95% animal source, and then drink coffee, tea, wine, whiskey, and the odd bit of veg, in small amounts.
others stick entirely to animal products

If you find large amounts of protein raises your bg, then don't. Again, you make it up as you go along. My preference is to eat keto macros, and carni foods. I feel best that way. This means that I avoid add sufficient fat (butter, cream cheese, cream, lard, bacon, crackling, etc) to my meals to keep the protein 'normal'ish and the fat high enough to encourage keto.

You get to decide on your preferences and eat what YOU want. :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Lord I was born a ramblin man (top, top tuneage that one). Not a happy bunny with 5.7 fbg so hit the exercise bike for an hour then showered and had tea - watched Michael Eades Obesity talk which certainly made me peddle faster. Postman delivered letters from HMRC for us both - they owe us best part of £3k - still unhappy with fbg. L= avocado and mackerel salad with plenty chia seeds - mellowed a bit by now since that is my comfort zone. Eve=scrambled egg on toast (skinny bread and tommy k natch) now followed by almond milk cocoa. Tested ketones earlier but not after exercise - don't know why - .8. Liked the food and loved managing 1 hr and distance of 20 whatevers on the bike. Goose defrosting for St Martin's Day family meal on Sunday (day early I know) and more CCBs made. Call today a draw I guess.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
89C85B9E-AC13-4704-A415-473768088001.jpeg

Hi all
Cooking day today getting prepared for visit to mums. Did 12 lemon cupcakes using @Goonergal s recipe but reduced amount by a third based on three eggs and also added in pysillisum husk a couple of teaspoons and a generous splash of lemon juice. I mixed monk fruit and erythritol sweetener with lemon juice to make a lemon drizzle topping. I’m not keen on thick buttercream type topping and mum feels the same - this variety I think are delicious. It’s personal taste.
Also did another batch of chafflesfor the freezer as using them toasted from freezer as a wonderful low carb bread replacement. Taking this batch up to mums where will use for some toasties etc.
I also got out there and planted about 75 bulbs felt good planting things that will appear next spring good to do something hopeful.
Brunch one slice bacon and egg with half a toasted chaffle
Mid afternoon the smallest lemon drizzle cupcake with tea
Dinner left over slow cooked beef curry served with half a toasted chaffle as my lc naan replacement! Pudding lc lemon mousse with yoghurt.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Plenty of tea and then lunch at 1.45 - bacon chop with steamed cabbage, finished in butter. The bacon chop was in a pack and disappointingly thin - I could just as easily had 2 rashers of my normal bacon. I'll be aware of that in future.

I'll probably have a couple of boiled eggs later. Carbs should be pretty low and calories probably not too high either.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. My first meal was around 3pm: a LoDough wrap with ham, Dijon mustard, salad and mayo. Then 1/2 an Aldi Moser Roth chocolate bar
Dinner was a strange DD recipe Bacon cheeseburger casserole ( not actually a casserole - Id call it a Bake) with salad. It was incredibly rich and filling but still manage the other half of the Moser Roth bar with a cup of tea afterwards.
@shelley262 those cupcakes and Chaffles look really good. Hope all goes well at your mum’s.
@annabell1 hugs for the UC flare up, I hope the carni way of eating helps
@ianpspurs congrats again on windfall and good times ahead.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over gammon steak and Mediterranean veggies followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: lime, coriander and ginger chicken with mixed veg followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Fresh caught / cooked river prawns, salad.
Dwe01us.gif

Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugary, water.

A big flock of rainbow Lorikeets were squabbling over the few blossoms up in the Jacaranda tree out on the street. It's good to see them coming back here again now the cats have gone.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
06-11-19
Breakfast. Coffee with cream, couple of spoonfuls of peanut butter then some Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Coffee.
Lunch. Avocado, tomato and sheep's cheese salad. Quite nice but definitely better with fresh basil.
Out to the see the consultant for MrSlim. Clean bill of health. Tea in the cafe. Awful.
Coffee at home few chunks of emmental.
Dinner soupe de Poisson. From a bottle. Delicious and almost carb free. Did have slice of pain kapnor and adfterwards cheesecake. Worked out the carbs at 22g for a largish portion. So with the bread meal came in slightly above normal carbs at around 35g.

Edited to add comment. Although higher than average for meal did not go over daily allowance. :chicken:
Tea and white wine
Bedtime tea

Last edited:

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
There are nearly as many variations on eating carnivore as there are variations for every other way of eating.

some people just eat beef. Or lamb. Or whatever their preferential meat.
others (like me!) eat any meat, fish, eggs, dairy they like - after all, they are all direct from animals.
some people take being carnivore as eating say 90-95% animal source, and then drink coffee, tea, wine, whiskey, and the odd bit of veg, in small amounts.
others stick entirely to animal products

If you find large amounts of protein raises your bg, then don't. Again, you make it up as you go along. My preference is to eat keto macros, and carni foods. I feel best that way. This means that I avoid add sufficient fat (butter, cream cheese, cream, lard, bacon, crackling, etc) to my meals to keep the protein 'normal'ish and the fat high enough to encourage keto.

You get to decide on your preferences and eat what YOU want. :D
@Brunneria thank you I think the way you are doing canivore makes sense to me. And by adding the fat will suit me so that way I can monitor the type and amount of fat that I can tolerate like adding avocadoes or another fat may work. I think hunter gathers diets would've eaten meat but if they couldn't find their hunt they would have either not eaten or ate other foods like grasses root vegetables or even wild berries so thinking I will give it a go and one way to see if it helps is to try it.