What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just phoned for my blood tests results couldn't wait till next week to see DN and woohoo cholesterol and Hbac1 are down. Cholesterol is 5.7 ( down from over 6 ) though don't know the ratio as yet ; and most importantly ( to me ) my hbac1 is down from 69 to 51.Big grin :)
That’s a big win on the winning star chart and a deserved big grin.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry deb, system plays up sometimes.

I put a dozen winner emojis up...:wideyed:

but only one shows..

i think it's all the bandwidth @Krystyna23040 has now cornered with the greased lightning Internet connection causing issues, myself....:D

What an absolutely marvellous story and yet..here we are.
islands of success, in an ocean of despair and misery.

life boats made of practical solutions,
while the govt response is paper mache life boats
that they KNOW will sink and NOT be fit to survive those diabetic seas we cross
in the hope of safety.

TOO Few of us land ashore intact, yet the route is well travelled and clearly signposted.

how Do they live with themselves, KNOWING what they do to Millions upon Millions day after day
with their indifferent.."Eat less and Move more." mantra

IF this was a war..

(and i see it as a civil war as such, where the civilian population suffer because those in power will NOT relinquish power or admit THEIR errors) )

then we NEED a PILGER, someone to expose, uncover and display to the world, just how vile and wrong this all is.

That governments could cast aside such a HUGE part of the population, in the name of Vanity, Pride & Profits, over so many years is shameful

how do they sleep at night, indeed
KNOWING how badly THEY have failed everyone of us..
I have a DUK complaint case ongoing. Once my minday Blackpool tower event over I'm giving my next reply my whole attention. May I quote some of this post. I absolutely love the way you worked it?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...reasonable sleep last night but feel I could do with more...'Plumpy' is here stretching & demanding more breakfast just told him he'll be lucky...cold cold cold today & of course it's raining...must find a little motivation & finish off a tiny amount of admin ready for Monday...it's so easy to think just another day won't hurt been saying that for over a week...one coffee in lots more to come...woke to a 6.2 hopefully getting all of that junk out of my system.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
I am back from my rendezvous with Gerald at the hospital who gently persuaded me to have the injection. He used different anaesthetic and more of it, took his time, explained every step of the way. He had two nurse assistants and I felt I got the Rolls Royce treatment this time. No resultant bleeding, only slightly dizzy and no grittiness. One more to do before Christmas and am hoping it will be him again though he is not part of “my team”. The nurse said they all have their preferred anaesthesia which they use which seemed odd but then she also said in 20 years in the clinic she never had a patient being faint and nauseous. I googled in the small hours today and these were among a long list of side effects in the drug company’s leaflet. I am now sporting a Jack Sparrow eye patch and am about to nap on the sofa with the furry girls.
Excellent news. Hope you manage to snag Gerald again.

Reactions: mojo37

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning a bit late for me but I didn't get in bed until 3 am. Before going to bed I was 4.6 and now on getting up 5.2 sadly probably the 2 gin and tonics and 3 glasses of red wine OR maybe happily the time with family enjoying chatter, games and music making, who knows?

What a wet day and later we have to travel to Manchester for tonights gig so feet up and chill day for me to prepare.

Missed so many posts since yesterday, @PenguinMum lots of hugs, and admiration for you getting through such a worrying time. @ianpspurs sounds like your holiday provided lots of positive benifits along with the lovely warmth and relaxation, best of luck with the LC stuff and UK weather/hotels, keep warm and safe. @HarryBeau and @SaskiaKC hugs for the worries your pets and future pets are putting you through. @Debandez once again thanks for so many informative posts, very supportive and helpful. @OldButBold if the work gets overwhelming, go get a few aliens in a dryer virtual world, watch out for those crumpets though :)

Do whatever you wish today so long as it's legal :joyful:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all, @HarryBeau, @trick60 , @PenguinMum , and everyone who sent prayers, purrs, positive thoughts, crossed everything, best wishes, and hugs for the KittenCat. We are back from the vet, who said she was not worried about the bald patch. She thinks maybe something bit the KittenCat or she got scraped, and started licking the irritated spot, wearing the fur off. The KittenCat was fitted with an E-collar, in hopes that if she CAN'T lick she will break herself of any habit before it starts. We were also offered a onesie like the one Dennis @DJC3 wore but after discussion and demonstration I opted for the E-collar. I doubt she will wear it much, as I have to remove it for eating and drinking and visiting the litterbox, which would mean a lot of taking off and putting on and she was seriously upset by just the fitting.

Good news is, the vet is not worried, the site is not infected, the KittenCat is not obsessively licking it, and I am available to keep an eye on it. As soon as we got home I let her out of her carrier and then took off again, to the grocery store, where I got us some nice cod, which we both love. Other good news is that some of the staff at the vet's clinic know one of the towns I am considering and have been able to tell me quite a bit about the town in general and the neighborhood in particular.

So now I think that, like @PenguinMum and the furry girls, and @HarryBeau and Plumpy, the KittenCat and I are going to stretch out on the sofa under a blanket and take a nap.

Hi @SaskiaKC

When you were talking of the KittenCat apparently constantly licking one spot so the fur appears unable to grow, I thought of my cat Lynx (she died a few years ago, of old age, about 23 yrs). When Lynx was a young cat she constantly licked one front paw pad, so much it bled. Loads of visits to vet, strong antiseptic etc. Nothing worked. Vet said nothing physically wrong.

So what to do? Finally I used something I have used something I have used on my wounds for years. This was later 1990’s. I used Bee Propolis Tincture on Lynx’s paw. It can also be taken internally, consequently it is safe if licked.

It does taste awful. Lynx’s face was disgusted as she tried to lick her paw. A week later she stopped licking her paw, and it stopped bleeding, and she never did that again. It was probably a combination of the Bee Propolis breaking her habit of licking (awful taste) and it actually having healing properties.

By the way I use Bee Propolis on my wounds. Since I have been diagnosed with diabetes my wounds, even a scratch, take weeks to heal. Too long sometimes. Also I knock my toes easily and the toenails shatter and bleed, and they were taking weeks to heal. So I bought a fresh bottle of Bee Propolis tincture from the Health shop and apply it every time I get a scratch or a small wound. It all heals quickly now.

I hope you can distract KittenCat from licking.
Take care
>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s the type of rain that drums and bounces giving the illusion that some of it is raining upwards from some antipodal point in the Pacific Ocean.

The wonder wheel of shopping for new parents while they try and get some sleep came in at 4.5 this am.

I made toad in the hole yesterday with a Yorkshire Pudding recipe that included almond flour, the general refuse bin thought that it was delicious, myself, not so. The sausages were good though.

@True Blue, all the best with re-building Rome. Big virtual hugs for those suffering anguish of many kinds. Do take some quiet time each day just for yourself. @ianpspurs, hope you packed a brolly and a big coat in your luggage, the holiday sounded wonderful.

Have a great day if you can, there is always someone out there who would gladly swap their day for yours.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
On a train between Downham Market and Kings Cross - we are coming up to Ely. It's very misty and overcast outside.

Am on a course in London this afternoon but am looking forward to catching up with everyone's news on this thread as will get a chance to relax this weekend. In my case have packed Monday to Friday's 'i' newspaper and am looking forward to catching up with the news as I didn't have a chance to read them in the week.

A fbs of 4.7 this morning. A very different reading from yesterday. Possibly because on Thursday I was stressed as I was worried that the new supersonic broadband might not work but Friday was so happy and relaxed because it was working and all my admin was so easy to do.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, late on parade today, a Heinz 5.7 on the dice for me, staying over at friends tonight going to be a late messy business, always good company but always drink too much, enjoy your weekend all.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a DUK complaint case ongoing. Once my minday Blackpool tower event over I'm giving my next reply my whole attention. May I quote some of this post. I absolutely love the way you worked it?

Be my guest.. And thank you for the compliment.:)

@SaskiaKC , so good to see kc is ok, hope the collar doesn't annoy to much

Have to concur @ianpspurs , the holiday has been good for you by the sounds of it, a little chance for some peaceful reflection, perhaps.

A simple trip into the low 6's this AM.
Happy with that

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning though feeling as rough as 10 bears ...which is a saying that always makes me laugh. Good job I had yesterday and today off work . Dark damp and miserable here again ( that's the weather not me ) :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @SaskiaKC

When you were talking of the KittenCat apparently constantly licking one spot so the fur appears unable to grow, I thought of my cat Lynx (she died a few years ago, of old age, about 23 yrs). When Lynx was a young cat she constantly licked one front paw pad, so much it bled. Loads of visits to vet, strong antiseptic etc. Nothing worked. Vet said nothing physically wrong.

So what to do? Finally I used something I have used something I have used on my wounds for years. This was later 1990’s. I used Bee Propolis Tincture on Lynx’s paw. It can also be taken internally, consequently it is safe if licked.

It does taste awful. Lynx’s face was disgusted as she tried to lick her paw. A week later she stopped licking her paw, and it stopped bleeding, and she never did that again. It was probably a combination of the Bee Propolis breaking her habit of licking (awful taste) and it actually having healing properties.

By the way I use Bee Propolis on my wounds. Since I have been diagnosed with diabetes my wounds, even a scratch, take weeks to heal. Too long sometimes. Also I knock my toes easily and the toenails shatter and bleed, and they were taking weeks to heal. So I bought a fresh bottle of Bee Propolis tincture from the Health shop and apply it every time I get a scratch or a small wound. It all heals quickly now.

I hope you can distract KittenCat from licking.
Take care
>^..^<

Thank you, @gennepher. I will look for some of that. There is a health/vitamin shop near me so I will start with them. ^. .^ :)