What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today probably cos I ate 3 bits of carrot with my dinner or not enough orange gin! Well its the only form of orange I am allowed.
@ianpspurs glad Julie’s ordeal is over and hope she will find some food that will agree with her, same message to you too! Enjoy that glass of convivial cheer and being with the littlies.
@DJC3 am reflecting with my second cup of tea how great that you came through the dark times and are enjoying life with your family. Thank you for the couple of blissful hours in Fowey in June. Hope to repeat.
@SaskiaKC vaseline is a must for zips and hope you find the perfect boots. @trick60 funny for review with the nurse. I am sure it will all be fine and dandy. @HarryBeau your two could do a special “Home Alone, the Wreckers” you should start the script pronto.
Happy Christmas Eve everyone. Enjoy it and stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Spoiler alert for your daughter. The Moveit the night before appears to be hideous but really.really.really does what it says on the label:arghh: Best guess for why Julie is so badly affected is genetics - so much like her dad apparently (he died before we became an item 2nd time) - but mostly ludicrous hours and stress of her last job which is where it became a really bad issue along with severe back problems. Don't think FODMAP was ever designed to deal with such situations - or, if I'm honest, such stubborn women. She claims to have met her match but I can't think who that is unless it is No 1 son :angelic:

Thanks for the warning, sitting on the loo is how she spends a lot of time atm anyway. She says the same though - stress has a pronounced effect.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.2 today probably cos I ate 3 bits of carrot with my dinner or not enough orange gin!
@DJC3 am reflecting with my second cup of tea how great that you came through the dark times and are enjoying life with your family. Thank you for the couple of blissful hours in Fowey in June. Hope to repeat.

The memory of our chat and coffee has made me smile, it was a lovely day wasn’t it? Yes definitely to be repeated.
I also found that a little bit of carrot and swede in my homemade soup had an unexpectedly disproportionate effect on my bg

Reactions: ianpspurs

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

must start de-cluttering at dog level, coffee first though, I'll catch up on reading posts later when I've got my tasks done otherwise I'll get distracted and be running around like the proverbial blue-***** fly tonight :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you well :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.....I’m currently enjoying my reflective time with coffee, being glad for every new day - this will be the 3rd Christmas I didn’t expect, or have any right to see.

Dam mit @DJC3 .
I thought I was in the running, BUT
I must most graciously concede and stand side.

This post... Simple, understated.. Powerful
Inspiring..... Love it... Absolutely love it.

I doubt you see it, but what an inspiration you must be to so many.
Your girls do well to have you as a Mum.

IF we had our version of the Oscars..
Thinking the FINGERS... As in giving the Finger to T2...

Then THIS post is the one you I'd vote for as Post of the Year.

".. And the nomination for most inspiring post, goes to......"

Have a Merry Christmas, @DJC3 & fam.
May there be many, many more. X

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy christmas everyone
FB_IMG_1577188332535.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 this morning for no reason other than that it's Christmas Eve. Or maybe all the talk of Muck boots has discouraged my meter from posting any higher muckety-muck numbers.

I am so glad you are all here.
t4624.gif

t07135.gif
t07131.gif
t07142.gif
t07213.gif

t07168.gif
t07037.gif

t07087.gif

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 - had friends around for drinks and nibbles. Enough said. My friends are going away for Christmas and new year, travelling tomorrow to Frankfurt so turkey butties on the plane she thinks. Doesn't think it will get much better than that.

Cleaning house today, changing beds etc. Family coming tomorrow and staying over 1 maybe 2 nights. All depending on how my heavily pregnant daughter feels. Baby could come at any minute. Hospital is literally a stones throw from our house so I'm not panicking MUCH!!!

Merry Christmas to one and all. Enjoy your days. Just tracking Santa and he isn't far away! Excited for all the children, big and small!

https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...ker-google-santa-tracker-where-is-santa-claus

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
20191224_175348 (1).jpg

Now the feasting,
now the singing,
now the peace for celebration,
now the silence,
now the laughter,
now the joy of fellowship;
now the rain, the cold, the snow, may come;
now the wind may blow --
all are in, in warmth and light
to keep His feast Who keepeth us.

-- Christmas Eve 2019
(after Jaroslav Vajda)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dam mit @DJC3 .
I thought I was in the running, BUT
I must most graciously concede and stand side.

This post... Simple, understated.. Powerful
Inspiring..... Love it... Absolutely love it.

I doubt you see it, but what an inspiration you must be to so many.
Your girls do well to have you as a Mum.

IF we had our version of the Oscars..
Thinking the FINGERS... As in giving the Finger to T2...

Then THIS post is the one you I'd vote for as Post of the Year.

".. And the nomination for most inspiring post, goes to......"

Have a Merry Christmas, @DJC3 & fam.
May there be many, many more. X

Goodness JJ! This didn’t pop up in my notifications so I nearly missed it, what a lovely thing to say, I’m quite bowled over.
I think every single one of us here is inspirational though, no one person any more or less. We all have our own baggage and history yet we all keep plodding along and with mighty good humour on most part. I feel supremely lucky to be part of such a great gang and your posts put a smile on my face most days. Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm watching a dog show on TV. One of the owner-handlers is a 14-year-old T1 girl who has trained her dog to alert her when her blood sugar levels drop. She says she always has a dog with her wherever she goes.

I met one of these Medical Alert dogs at a dog show and talked with his T1 owner. The dog had saved her life on more than one occasion and her hospital admissions had dropped from almost weekly to about once a year ( she had lost hypo awareness so was struggling) The dog came with her to work and the last time she had a hypo was when she went to the photocopier room briefly, the door shut behind her and the poor dog was going frantic outside. Luckily colleagues saw the dog scratching and whining at the door and found her collapsed. She always propped the door open after that.
It really is amazing and awe inspiring isn’t it?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 Thanks so much for your recommendation of the bitter apple spray to stop dogs chewing. We spent most of Christmas Eve at my daughter’s - their tree has a lot of low level glittery baubles ( small girls’ handiwork) and a ton of presents beneath. Dennis made a beeline for them when we arrived but I quickly sprayed everything and it really made a difference. He got 1 shiny bauble at one point but that was it. He was still interested in them and tried to burrow into the presents on a couple of occasions but it certainly wasn’t the mayhem we were anticipating.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning and Merry Christmas to you all. No idea where in the thread this appears so don't know who is about. No testing, weighing, analysing or especially LC today. Braveheart like cry of freedom. Worked out enough at son's house to make tea and not wake anyone else so all v good in da hood. Waiting for 7 month old granddaughter to wake so Christmas can really start. Meanwhile, more tea.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening all just a quick Merry Christmas to all before we go to eldest daughters house to open prezzies and go to the Christmas day service, I love this one as all the kids stay in (they keep things short and simple) and are allowed to bring their toys and show them off....it's generally mayhem, I particularly like it when it all goes pear shaped and the kids are running amok.
Have a merry Christmas all, peace.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/evening all just a quick Merry Christmas to all before we go to eldest daughters house to open prezzies and go to the Christmas day service, I love this one as all the kids stay in (they keep things short and simple) and are allowed to bring their toys and show them off....it's generally mayhem, I particularly like it when it all goes pear shaped and the kids are running amok.
Have a merry Christmas all, peace.
Service sounds great and the prezzo opening should be a time to cherish. Thanks @SaskiaKC son is now awake but baby sleeps on

Reactions: trick60 and jjraak