What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They claim singing is as bad as coughing out virus. When the local church opens in September face masks, social distancing, no singing are going to be the order of day for the foreseeable future.
We live in truly restrictive times, I hope we get a vaccine soon.
D
I read that but have also read a study done by GErmany published in the Cof E magazine that says it may be not. So much not understood about Covid or maybe it is and they are not letting on. Either way it makes the risk assessing and deciding what to do even more difficult.

Edit.. FOr clarity I'm not a church goer or CofE, Methodist but with no time for organised religion. Link was passed on to me by other singer I know.

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/5-june/news/uk/singing-might-not-be-so-great-a-risk-after-allhttps://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/5-june/news/uk/singing-might-not-be-so-great-a-risk-after-all

lindisfel

Expert
I read that but have also read a study done by GErmany published in the Cof E magazine that says it may be not. So much not understood about Covid or maybe it is and they are not letting on. Either way it makes the risk assessing and deciding what to do even more difficult.

Edit.. FOr clarity I'm not a church goer or CofE, Methodist but with no time for organised religion. Link was passed on to me by other singer I know.

https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/5-june/news/uk/singing-might-not-be-so-great-a-risk-after-allhttps://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2020/5-june/news/uk/singing-might-not-be-so-great-a-risk-after-all
It is ok, Muddy, I am ok with disorganised religion as well.
Perhaps even more so! :)
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening, a good ride round the North Yorkshire Moors. Weather a bit indecisive but an OK day. Some photos of the day/
Here is Roseberry Topping near Great Ayton of Capt Cook fame.
upload_2020-8-6_18-44-0.jpeg

Coming up out of Beck Hole just the other side of Goathland (where the programme Heartbeat was filmed).

upload_2020-8-6_18-45-38.jpeg

Approaching Chimney Bank in Rosedale, a 1 in 3 hill both up or down.

upload_2020-8-6_18-47-48.jpeg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning

a hot day today so we're glad to be back home from the 'big shed' and we've had a very pleasant walk around the village enjoying the sea breeze :)

Loads of people in the village today and a lot of children swimming, wet suits seem to be 'de rigueur' for swimming nowadays :sorry: how fashions change :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@ianpspurs - hope things went well today and that the level of 'squeaky clean' was impressive :)

@dunelm - two lovely plum blossom pictures, what a lovely idea to use the teapot for inspiration. You really have the knack for bamboo, always strong :)
Rammstein -the German group? interesting mental image for the wild, windy tree bending weather :D Had a friend who used to listen to 'Sonne' when driving home from long meetings, reckoned that it helped him get rid of any lingering irritation, all that counting to ten ;) :hilarious:

@gennepher - thank you for the mounting info. I will look into it, it's a bit of a strange concept for me thinking about 'finishing' any of my art :)
Popeye is turning into a series of his own (could be like the Hokusai '36 views of Mount Fuji' :joyful:), I love today's work with his characterful and expressive whiskers :)

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for the mount information, I'm going to look into it and see what would best fit the size of my artwork, in future I'll perhaps need to work to an easily available size of aperture :)

Hugs for the singing dilemma :( difficult when it can bring such joy.

I'm enjoying your beech trees, lovely bark colour and texture and once again the light is wonderful, I don't feel the grass in the foreground has detracted from the scale, rather that the trees have given scale to the lush growth this time of year :) Looking forward to the series and seeing the development of the works which I always find interesting :joyful:

art bit -
a nod to the 'zen' style artworks, started off intending to do simple brush strokes but ended up using a bit of 'inktense' pencil too on the chrysanthemum petals
upload_2020-8-6_20-10-41.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a few quick ideas for my daily art. Three very quick sketches of Beech Trees for the series. I want dark and mysterious but not in the fairy tale book illustrative sense which two of these seem to be. I will probably do the top left and the bottom a quick pencil and wash but in my usual style A4 watercolour . This will mean a lot of work on each so expect to see development over a couple of days.

View attachment 43146
I like Beech tree circles and so will probably start with the bottom sketch as a painting.
I remember seeing beech tree circles on mounds in fields when I was a child @Muddy Cyclist
I look forward to seeing the finished painting!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

was 4.4 this morning

a hot day today so we're glad to be back home from the 'big shed' and we've had a very pleasant walk around the village enjoying the sea breeze :)

Loads of people in the village today and a lot of children swimming, wet suits seem to be 'de rigueur' for swimming nowadays :sorry: how fashions change :hilarious:

@ianpspurs - hope things went well today and that the level of 'squeaky clean' was impressive :)

@dunelm - two lovely plum blossom pictures, what a lovely idea to use the teapot for inspiration. You really have the knack for bamboo, always strong :)
Rammstein -the German group? interesting mental image for the wild, windy tree bending weather :D Had a friend who used to listen to 'Sonne' when driving home from long meetings, reckoned that it helped him get rid of any lingering irritation, all that counting to ten ;) :hilarious:

@gennepher - thank you for the mounting info. I will look into it, it's a bit of a strange concept for me thinking about 'finishing' any of my art :)
Popeye is turning into a series of his own (could be like the Hokusai '36 views of Mount Fuji' :joyful:), I love today's work with his characterful and expressive whiskers :)

@Muddy Cyclist - thank you for the mount information, I'm going to look into it and see what would best fit the size of my artwork, in future I'll perhaps need to work to an easily available size of aperture :)

I'm enjoying your beech trees, lovely bark colour and texture and once again the light is wonderful, I don't feel the grass in the foreground has detracted from the scale, rather that the trees have given scale to the lush growth this time of year :) Looking forward to the series and seeing the development of the works which I always find interesting :joyful:

art bit -
a nod to the 'zen' style artworks, started off intending to do simple brush strokes but ended up using a bit of 'inktense' pencil too on the chrysanthemum petals
View attachment 43156

Thank you for the Popeye compliment @geefull

I love a bunch of yellow chrysanthemums.
This chrysanthemum is stunning.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is ok, Muddy, I am ok with disorganised religion as well.
Perhaps even more so! :)
D.
The best type of religion in my opinion. :joyful:

On the singing front Mrs MC and I decided to risk it and it was great to sing in a group again. Probably not as safe as I would have liked, probably not within Gov guidelines, certainly safer than several Pubs we passed with full looking beer gardens on route to choir. Activity all took place outside facing in the same direction, winter will be a very different affair and it maybe that for those cold months no choir will meet.

Two of our folk band members were also there and we discussed how we may be able to meet up and play, non of us ever expect to gig again. We know technology can be used to create our music but it's that audience rapport that we thrive on that unfortunately can only be attained at live gigs. :(

Reactions: geefull

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And a fine nod indeed. A very well captured Chrysanthemum I really enjoyed studying the detail you have painted into it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 5.5 for me today.

Lovely start to the morning with bright sunshine and blue skies. A long Mountain Bike Ride I think as Mrs MC is off doing horsey things and then visiting her mom in the garden of the care home. But first I must water our not great edible garden before the sun gets to it.

Let your day take it where it will and embrace it boldly. Keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will brave the weather this morening.

8.4 this morning, I know why and am guilty. I can't blame my meter this morning.

I am undecided about this morning, but my afternoon is spoken for.
Well fellow posters and painters stay cool if you can. If you can't stay cool then maybe strip off and go for a stroll and you could end up in the " cooler " to use an American phrase.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a few quick ideas for my daily art. Three very quick sketches of Beech Trees for the series. I want dark and mysterious but not in the fairy tale book illustrative sense which two of these seem to be. I will probably do the top left and the bottom a quick pencil and wash but in my usual style A4 watercolour . This will mean a lot of work on each so expect to see development over a couple of days.

View attachment 43146
I like Beech tree circles and so will probably start with the bottom sketch as a painting.
Looking forwards to seeing how this goes

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

was 4.4 this morning

art bit -
View attachment 43156
Thank you and this is a wonderful Chrysanthemum, beautiful, vibrant and such detail.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another prospect of azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of smashed avocado salad on a couple of slices of home made bread came in at 4.9 this am.

Granddaughter sitting again today (it’s every Thursday and Friday now, subject to change, terms and conditions apply, always read the small print and take into account the vagaries et al). We will deliver her back to her mum later today on our way to our little house on the prairie for a couple of days. I called in there yesterday for a decent koffy and to eat my packed lunch and noticed that a mobile wifi had taken up residence. Well it works so happy days - or not if you are one of those escapist types trying to get back to pre-raphaelite times and to study nature intensively.

A friend of mine who suffers from depression sent me a picture of a jade bowl mended with gold. In Japan, broken objects are often repaired with gold. The flay is seen as a unique piece of the objects history, which adds to it’s beauty.
So here is Kintsugi - golden joinery.

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-7_7-27-58.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-7_7-27-58.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. First out of the traps for me was a 4.9 - oh so meh. Yesterday went well from the result and comfortably numb angle - celebrated with tea:woot::woot:. Strange week as my Drs had given me some concerns over the pre test sample last Friday but by Wednesday rang to say oops, our bad, the lab says all good. Same day I was tripped by one of the pups and sustained grazing to head, arm and knee. - hence the curate's egg allusion. Just before leaving yesterday the en suite shower dribbled water through the ceiling:arghh: . Huge thanks for all the good wishes. 6 months before next one - time to sort out the house (because the only way out of it is to finish it) and try to turn this woe from being the problem (absolute pooh show in autumn and winter) into a solution/positive. Above all I need to be still for the presence of The Lord. Salmon and avo salad, sun and cricket today:woot::woot: - truly blessed today. Have a great day, if a tad scorchio hereabouts or thereabouts in your whereabouts.

Reactions: karen8967