What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ack to Brum tomorrow afternoon - he will be missed
He will indeed!

B: 2 scrambled eggs
Hour and half walk with a friend, mostly woods but still very muddy
L: a bit of pate with 30g manchego and 30g cheddar. One tomato. One bite of hubbys mince pie. 1 sq 85% lidl
D: butternut squash soup in a cafe. Cheese and lc hot chocolate that I took with me.
We had been to the Glow event at RHS Wisley. Very beautiful and well done but oh so cold

SilverK

-Black coffee, Low carb high protein yogurt and almonds for breakfast,
- Cheese and lettuce sandwich made with an untoasted Lizza low carb toastie (okay, so it was a bit like eating soft MDF but I was driving).
- decaf coffee with milk.
Completely lost my appetite since starting on Gabapentin. It’s a bit strange but if it stops the pain I don’t care if I turn green and grow roots!!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: tuna melts with roasted veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sugarlisa you are doing really well with your choices and avoiding temptation it will get easier over time plus count me in for the gin meet up! I love gin with soda water.
@ziggy_w thanks for info re potato fibre it’s a bit pricey here as it’s manufactured and sourced in Germany but may well try it - in the description they also suggest it as a flour for bread etc so will probably buy it and experiment when my oat fibre is used up. Would probably work as a thickener for gravy or sauce too.
Breakfast - two slices of my new LC loaf - @ianpspurs you’d be happier with the ingredients used in my latest loaf I swapped out butter in my recipe for extra virgin olive oil and went down to one egg which for 30slices is minimal. It tasted wonderful and probably because of the OO the crust was crustier.will let you know next week how my no egg version trial works out, I’m making changes slowly to see what works so having a trial next week at leaving egg out. I also think it should keep better if no egg or butter. Will post adapted recipe and photo if my no egg version works.
Lunch one slice of lc toast with cheese and one hm truffle
Dinner two lamb chops, stuffed mushrooms, a few new potato chips and salad. Pudding DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.
Managed swim early today and one booked for first thing tomorrow. Decorating will be finished this evening at youngest sons so his dog is going back to Brum tomorrow afternoon - he will be missed.
You should think about starting up your own bread co. Please keep us posted on your success and recipes :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
- Cheese and lettuce sandwich made with an untoasted Lizza low carb toastie (okay, so it was a bit like eating soft MDF but I was driving).
Completely lost my appetite since starting on Gabapentin. It’s a bit strange but if it stops the pain I don’t care if I turn green and grow roots!!
My wife is on Gabapentin and finds similar for food.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and SilverK

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. Nearly forgot to post but here goes:
Lots of black coffee am
Lunch: asparagus and broccoli frittata with 1/2 avocado and a blob of h/m chilli mayo, then a small bit of blue cheese to try to escape the pudding craving.
Dinner the last of Sunday’s pork joint with baked aubergine topped with mozzarella. 2 glasses red wine.
@shelley262 I’m looking forward to seeing the results of your bread experiments. You certainly cracked it with the lc seedy crispbreads.
@SilverK I was on gabapentin for a while a few years ago. I found the side effects wore off after a couple of weeks and returned if the dose was increased. Didn’t have any appetite to start with though so I don’t know really if that was affected or just my norm at the time. I’m glad it’s controlling the pain though.
@Mrs T 123 I love the Aldi Moser Roth chocolate - such conveniently sized bars too.
@ziggy_w thank you! And hugs for the day spent recording lectures - sounds a gruelling task.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
BGs very low (for me) - between 4 and 7 all day yesterday and today. I'm back on my old insulins now and taking less than I used to. And I am eating carbs. Not going over the top with it, but definitely 3 times a day.

Breakfast - small bowl of porridge and cream.
Lunch - scrambled eggs (with cream) on RyVita.
Dinner - Brussels sprouts, streaky bacon, onion, garlic and cannellini beans fry-up.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast usual CWC, nut granola
Late morning,really hungry had coffee and intended biscuits, too many biscuits
Lunch one slice toast with avocado and lettuce, cup of tea.
Dinner glass of wine while cooking, bang bang cauliflower from lidl(on special offer)
With smoked Haddock and brocolli,
MrSlim went out and bought puddings, and ate two ( bad Lizzy) had made him a baked Apple, probably better if I had eaten that.
Then he had bread and cheese later in the evening, stole some cheese.
Am going to have to stop blaming him, but it is not at all helpful when he comes home with six puddings knowing I would enjoy all of them but shouldn't eat even one.
Maybe I will eat the lot for breakfast at least that gets rid of them!

Last edited:

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to do yesterday's log so I'll do it now (and today's one too!)

Yesterday:
Very late lunch: Few slices of spam and 2 fried eggs
Dinner: Sirloin steak (med rare) and pan fried halloumi

Today's meals:
Lunch: Spam again to use up the rest of the can and a cheese omelette
Dinner: Sausages and the rest of the halloumi from yesterday

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am really enjoying Lizza toasties split and toasted and topped with egg mayo or cheesey coleslaw. I think they need to be to risp and a flavourful topping. Realise neither of my suggestions would work while drivi g though LOL.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry MIA again the action being finishing the Christmas cards, presents and decorating the latter very minimalistic this year.
Yesterday and today breakfast slice of HiLo toast, butter, lots of tea.
Lunch was a Lizza toastie split crisply toasted and topped with egg mayo.
Today had thin slice of sourdough toasted and topped with cheesey coleslaw and extra grated mature cheddar.
Supper last night was a panfried lamb chump chop and leftover cooked broccoli added to the pan juices. Tonight is Fishfinger Firsday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum excellent for FFT. Not so much No 2 on my list of pet Christmas hates - cards - crackers are No 1. My menu (expanded in parallel thread.) B= Assam TWAMIS : Dockey: CWC+3 pralines; L: Waitrose deli counter antipasti, soft cheese stuffed mini peppers + cooked beef ;tea; EM will be : Oxtail casserole, sauteed sprouts and chorizo, cheese, swede and celeriac bake. 125 mls red wine. Lunch = totally my comfort zone even pre-LC. EM the kind of compromises I don’t like about this woe.

Last edited:

JFWinstone

Breakfast - last of the Proscuitto, spicy chorizo and pepperoni, lactofree cheese, 3 cherry tomatoes and a tablespoon of lactose-free Greek yogurt.
Lunch - Bacon, Lettuce, tomatoes, lactose-free Philly, 1 tbsp lactose-free Greek yogurt.
Dinner - Keto Pizza from diet doctor recipe and 2 sq 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not so much No 2 on my list of pet Christmas hates - cards - crackers are No 1.
Know what you mean..strongly suspect this will be the last year of sending cards to the masses. No crackers this year ...would be silly just us two :arghh: May be the wrong emoji need to get more down with the kids

Reactions: DJC3

Sugarlisa

Omelette with cheese and spinach for breakfast with a black currant herbal tea with glass of sugar free squash

Lunch is ham salad with a glass of sugar free squash

Tea is fish pie from the diabetes web page with carrot and turnip with broccoli for the family tea with sugar free squash and a herbal tea of some kind

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day out and about but at least managed early morning swim before started rushing around.
Breakfast one each of chipolata sausage, bacon, and egg with LC toast.
No lunch as out and about - just flask of coffee with cream.
Dinner slow cooked beef with sprouts and one small roast potato and glass of red wine followed by DGF peanut butter brownie with cream.
Quiet here without Cooper but busy few days ahead catching up with paid work, caring as ever and getting ready to pick up Mum middle of next week. Just can’t quite believe Christmas Eve is two weeks today ......

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconuts bites.
Dinner: cheese, tomato and mushroom omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid morning breakfast: 90 second mug bread , toasted with butter and marmite. A Yes bar
That lot fortified me for a trip to a large supermarket for non-food Xmas items. Havent been there in a year, or more. Now there's shops inside the shop. I was like a right country bumpkin marvelling at civilisation

D: gammon steak with cauliflower cheese (the sauce was cream, cream cheese, grated mozzerella and parmesan just stirred into the boiled cauliflower. I don't miss making bechamels at all, except in the wallet)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Playing catch-up.

Yesterday was a TMAD day. Early lunch was leftover chicken wings from the day before.
Dinner was a starter of Nando’s Peri Nuts - have developed a taste for them even though they’re on the hot side of spicy for me. Was walking past the store after a walk and went in to order some to take home. Followed up with air fried lamb ribs coated in lemon pepper.

Today was an unplanned OMAD. Work ran away with me and lunch didn’t happen. Dinner was mince fried with onions, two eggs and some grated cheese.