What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I missed posting yesterday and can’t actually remember what I ate. Quite a stress laden day. I had to call an ambulance for no 2 daughter who had a seizure. V scary. She’s still not quite right which is a worry.

Today I had black coffee for breakfast.
Lunch was SLC roll ( delivered today only 2 days after I’d ordered. Sell by is 26/12. No complaints here) filled with chicken mayo and hot sauce. DGF Raspberry bakewell to follow.
Dinner was pheasant. Many thanks MrsA2 and @DCUKMod for your cooking suggestions in the other thread. In the end I made it up as I didn’t have some ingredients ( no cream, what sort of a lc household am I running here?) slow cooked the legs in red wine, bacon, juniper berries, thyme and mushrooms. Breasts were sous vide (62C for 35 min with thyme and olive oil) cooking can be quite therapeutic and I enjoyed the pottering. Ran out of steam though and couldn’t be bothered to do any veg with it. Bacon can be an honorary vegetable for tonight.

Oh heck - I hope your daughter perks up soon.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ (oh how I missed it yesterday!) with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few mixed nuts.
Dinner: cheese, tomato and mushroom omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11:30 seeded gouda crisps spread with pate. A tomato. A piece of spice cake
15:30 more crisps and one more piece of lc spice cake
18:00 chicken breast in tomato, chilli, garlic and olive sauce. Carrots and one spoonful grains. One glass red wine

Watching the chocolate factory on BBC. Quite impressed with how I m not craving any. Might be different if I could smell them!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all. I missed posting yesterday and can’t actually remember what I ate. Quite a stress laden day. I had to call an ambulance for no 2 daughter who had a seizure. V scary. She’s still not quite right which is a worry.

Lunch was SLC roll ( delivered today only 2 days after I’d ordered. Sell by is 26/12. No complaints here) filled with chicken mayo and hot sauce. DGF Raspberry bakewell to follow.
Dinner was pheasant. Many thanks MrsA2 and @DCUKMod for your cooking suggestions in the other thread. In the end I made it up as I didn’t have some ingredients ( no cream, what sort of a lc household am I running here?) slow cooked the legs in red wine, bacon, juniper berries, thyme and mushrooms. Breasts were sous vide (62C for 35 min with thyme and olive oil) cooking can be quite therapeutic and I enjoyed the pottering. Ran out of steam though and couldn’t be bothered to do any veg with it. Bacon can be an honorary vegetable for tonight.

You must be so worried about your daughter. Hoping and praying that she soon recovers.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mrs T 123 8 more rolls arrived today with a date until Dec 26th. Yes, they replace them but they are by far the worst of all the LC cos we have ever used. Today’s effort: B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFCS; L: Cheese and cucumber SLC roll; Tea; EM: Mackerel and avocado salad+vits. Red wine at some stage. Food was ok and easy but like sport it is the results that matter. I’m never going to feel much love for LC. If it gets results it will do.
Royal mail at it again! this time with DGF - placed my order DGF despatched yesterday - I paid £5.99 for express delivery which should be 24hrs and which Royal Mail confirmed on their website when they e-mailed me last night confirming they had received package and if I would like delivery today and if I was not in I was to advise where I would like it left - all confirmed - and guess what NO delivery today - checked tracking and my package is still at Peterborough! sorting office - I wouldn't be as annoyed if the postage didn't cost so much - totally fed up with royal mail especially when it is fresh food I am relying on them to deliver - rant over ...until tomorrow it had better come or else ... nothing ... there is nothing I can do about it unfortunately ... there is nowhere I can leave a royal mail review. I have even bought the cream and as yous know I have not had cream in months but had decided to give myself a little treat over the festive period - I deserve it - don't we all!

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Virtual hugs - how scary for you - I do hope you daughter is better soon - do take care of yourselves x

Reactions: DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooops nearly forgot today's food

9am - 2 slices slc bread toasted with brussels pate smothered over them and mug of earl grey to get me going for the day

4pm - chicken balti with cauliflower rice and some low carb onion thingys not that unlike pompadoms and a little ice-cream thereafter

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Goonergal I think you helped me work out how to devise my own chocolate cherry liqueurs. Thank you so much for ghe inspiration.

I used dried cherries (from a large Sainsburys) and siaked in brandy in on old jam jar. The deconstructed chocolate cherry liqueur involves a square of good quality dark chocolate with a teaspoon of brandy and a cherry.

This is fantastic and has made me very happy.

So good that I need to buy more dried cherries.

My husband reckons that I could use fresh cherries. I may give this a try.

I found some interesting pasta alternatives in Aldi made with soya beans and black beans. I tried last night when coking an old Jamie recipe with savoy cabbage, pancetta, thyme, garlic, mozzarella, pine nuts, parmesan and "pasta".

Today's food has been a bit low prep ...
B: strawberries, mixed seeds and Greek yogurt
L: shared an M&S box of mini cooked posh dog sausages with hubby
D: jerk chicken and cauliflower rice.

2 squares of dark chocolate (Waitrose, Peru).

I haven't posted for ages. I started Couch to 5k 6 weeks ago which is a very gentle introduction to running and is keeping me sane (in a year that continues to be challenging). It's good to be back here. Keep safe everyone.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10:00 3 eggsscrambled and a yes bar
Hour and half walk

Mid afternoon very hungry. 2/3 Pack of pork crunches

D 6pm 2 lamb chops does in airfryer. Mashed swede, courgettes and broccoli. Instant gravy.
3 glasses (yes 3) red wine but watered down with diet ginger ale (don't knock it until you've tried it)
One tiny mince pie with double cream

Cokked the swede as "singing swede" in the microwave. Just put it in whole and keep giving it 5 minutes until soft. Then scooped out soft middle, added butter and seasoning. Very tasty.
Interesting way to cook swede :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Goonergal I think you helped me work out how to devise my own chocolate cherry liqueurs. Thank you so much for ghe inspiration.

I used dried cherries (from a large Sainsburys) and siaked in brandy in on old jam jar. The deconstructed chocolate cherry liqueur involves a square of good quality dark chocolate with a teaspoon of brandy and a cherry.

This is fantastic and has made me very happy.

So good that I need to buy more dried cherries.

My husband reckons that I could use fresh cherries. I may give this a try.

I found some interesting pasta alternatives in Aldi made with soya beans and black beans. I tried last night when coking an old Jamie recipe with savoy cabbage, pancetta, thyme, garlic, mozzarella, pine nuts, parmesan and "pasta".

Today's food has been a bit low prep ...
B: strawberries, mixed seeds and Greek yogurt
L: shared an M&S box of mini cooked posh dog sausages with hubby
D: jerk chicken and cauliflower rice.

2 squares of dark chocolate (Waitrose, Peru).

I haven't posted for ages. I started Couch to 5k 6 weeks ago which is a very gentle introduction to running and is keeping me sane (in a year that continues to be challenging). It's good to be back here. Keep safe everyone.
Hi Bex72 can you tell me what the Aldi soya beans "pasta" is called ? I love pasta and would love to find a lower carb alterative . I did try the " konjac " pasta and it was awful .

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Feeling exhausted after taking my medication for my UC/Crohns so my energy is low and getting bad headaches and nauseas. But managed two boiled eggs on aldi low carb bread with black coffee for brunch.

A/t blitz coffee with ice and 1/2 cup oatmeal milk

Dinner have 1/2 a chicken defrosting last 2 dsys in my fridge so needs cooking I'm planing to cook in air fryer for dinner and left over vegetables and lentils

Heard sad news about my GP who I've seen for over 9 years he has been treated for over a year with aml leukaemia and recently got a transplant things were looking well but he has now gotten a fungal infection and they no longer can help him treatment is no longer working he doesn’t have long to live I'm so sad to hear this and had a cry when I found out praying for him and his family.

Sorry to post on hear about it if not allowed I'm just so upset about it he is a beautiful person and really been a great doctor for me. Can 2020 get any worse.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling exhausted after taking my medication for my UC/Crohns so my energy is low and getting bad headaches and nauseas. But managed two boiled eggs on aldi low carb bread with black coffee for brunch.

A/t blitz coffee with ice and 1/2 cup oatmeal milk

Dinner have 1/2 a chicken defrosting last 2 dsys in my fridge so needs cooking I'm planing to cook in air fryer for dinner and left over vegetables and lentils

Heard sad news about my GP who I've seen for over 9 years he has been treated for over a year with aml leukaemia and recently got a transplant things were looking well but he has now gotten a fungal infection and they no longer can help him treatment is no longer working he doesn’t have long to live I'm so sad to hear this and had a cry when I found out praying for him and his family.

Sorry to post on hear about it if not allowed I'm just so upset about it he is a beautiful person and really been a great doctor for me. Can 2020 get any worse.

Annabell - I have spoken to so, so many people who just want 2020 and all it brought to be gone. It has undoubtedly been a year like no other.

Last edited:

Sugarlisa

Yogurt and berries with a herbal tea
Tuna sandwich on warburton brown with a sugar free squash for lunch
Tea is spaghetti Bol for the diet doc recipe for tea but I’m having courgette spaghetti and kids and boys having normal pasta for them
Last day for school for kids so looks like hot chocolate bomb for them later on

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Six chocolate truffles (home made, about 8 gr carbs per 100 gram) because two hours of very boring but useful work on the computer have -POOF- disappeared.
I know, I know, don't eat away your troubles and all that, it doesn't help and blah blah, but they were still very satisfying!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5am - 1 slice slc bread (outsider - they are the best for pate) toasted with brussels pate on top and mug of earl grey

1pm - 2 slices slc bread with cheese. I came in from work and there had been a delivery - I thought it will be from DGF allbeit a day late - so I filled the kettle and started imagining what delight I would have with a cuppa and may be a little cream. Opened the box still no sign of DGF although it was due to be delivered yesterday! In the box was my SLC order which I only ordered on Wednesday - quickest delivery ever from them - nice surprise and they had a date of 26th Dec the same as everyones - weird as we all ordered different days? - so DGF may come tomorrow - I can only live in hope ... checked and package still at Peterborough (not moved in 2 days)

5pm - used up yesterday's leftovers of chicken balti with cauliflower rice. Handful of nuts

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8:00 small ff greek with blueberries and seeds
Yoga
11:30 made a lc soda bread with cheese in. Supposed to give 10 portions so made a small loaf and 6 rolls, but they ended up tiny. Not sure if it was supposed to rise more.
Tasty though. Had some for lunch with pate and a tomato. The rest is in the freezer
4pm 6 brazils
6pm 2 97% heck sausages, 1 tablespoon baked beans and 6 tiny chips.
Still hungry, have been hungry most of this week but neither bg nor weight is shifting

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mrs T 123, is an outsider a crust or do you eat in the garden? Food was on point for me today - but outcomes are everything. So my effort was: B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFH*S - Costa; L: Well buttered SB toast - 2 thick slices; Tea; EM: Super Salmon and avocado salad+vits. May test some whisky or cognac later in the interests of science/consumer research *Hazelnut - clownshoes had no caramel