What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey 4.6 ➡️
Must rouse myself to get the workout and knee-icing done before another long day of double-match-watching!
Between BBC Breakfast and my local NextDoor app... you would think we were at the end of the world.

Ahhh but it is GLORIOUS BIN DAY and I am just learning a few choice words from the shouty man under my window...

Morning all! (Those were not the words he was using, by the way.....)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Some Christmas cards arrived yesterday.
The first one I opened had one line in it. Not Merry Christmas. Nor Christmas greetings.
BUT in capital letters...
"WE'VE HAD COVID!"

I dropped it immediately. Those words are still seared inside my forehead. Sanitised my hands. Got the tongs, and dropped the whole thing in the waste bin.

Went and washed my hands (I do anyway when I receive Mail). But this was like an infected message....

So, I thought an Angel was needed today...
In Procreate...

C6B24873-8562-4224-BB05-EBB105496415.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey 4.6 ➡️
Must rouse myself to get the workout and knee-icing done before another long day of double-match-watching!
Between BBC Breakfast and my local NextDoor app... you would think we were at the end of the world.

Ahhh but it is GLORIOUS BIN DAY and I am just learning a few choice words from the shouty man under my window...

Morning all! (Those were not the words he was using, by the way.....)
Yes, my local NextDoor app has messages of doom and destruction, and the stupidity of people...very good source material for many novels...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The roll on Deep Heat sounds a really good way to apply it.
It is Krystyna unfortunately this morning I can't find it...no doubt when I've hobbled about a little & cleared the debris it will make it's whereabouts known.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is Krystyna unfortunately this morning I can't find it...no doubt when I've hobbled about a little & cleared the debris it will make it's whereabouts known.
Sounds like me at the moment...I put something down in this haphazard bungalow, and I never see it again...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like me at the moment...I put something down in this haphazard bungalow, and I never see it again...
I know it's maddening isn't it...its in the kitchen somewhere which I have to de-clutter the online shopping is arriving this morning.

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a reasonable sleep last night another small improvement with my back but still being careful...amazing how something that happens so quickly can take so long to rectify itself...no FBG for another couple of days with the painkillers & stress no point yet...I've missed so much on the thread will look through the posts later...more coffee needed...keep safe everyone

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today. Why it's gone back out of the 5s I have no idea looking at yesterday's carb intake.

Muddy Cycle ride which will clear my mind and chase away some aches and pains, will probably be the last before Christmas. Then no idea what the rest of the day will bring other than doing the finishing touches to my illustrated story and de-dusting the house.

Keep safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg of 4.5 twice 40 mins apart on Swipey so accurate or not it is consistent. Hug for the cyst issue and Judith's back? @JohnEGreen and in general for information overload consciously sought or otherwise which a few are finding vexatious. Very fine line between fingers in ears and caution fatigue. Wonderful bauble @geefull and equally wonderful fbg @RFSMarch. Enjoy your ride @Muddy Cyclist.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Apparently we are all heading for Tier 4 which is fair enough under the circumstances. We hope it holds the rise in infections across the country.

I also hoped to just get some meds after speaking to the doctor yesterday am about a problem with nerve pain from a hamstring injury, but she insisted on me coming into the surgery today pm to get checked out...When you have had a number of health issues they want to be sure nothing else is going on, she asked a number of probing questions that indicated what she was thinking... but I think I am in perfect condition!:)

We British are breaking records...we now have the biggest lorry park on planet Earth, which makes one wonder if in some other Universe in a Multiverse of infinite possibilities there can be equally incompetent politicians having a number of policies that could have resulted in such a concatenation of c**kups?
Perhaps its as likely as the turkey jumping out the oven, saying Happy Christmas and laying an egg.
D.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, my local NextDoor app has messages of doom and destruction, and the stupidity of people...very good source material for many novels...
hahahah right? I don't know what yours is like but mine is outraged motorists about cyclists or vice versa, and endless questions about when various supermarkets are open. You would think they could just ... you know... google that!

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Some Christmas cards arrived yesterday.
The first one I opened had one line in it. Not Merry Christmas. Nor Christmas greetings.
BUT in capital letters...
"WE'VE HAD COVID!"

I dropped it immediately. Those words are still seared inside my forehead. Sanitised my hands. Got the tongs, and dropped the whole thing in the waste bin.

Went and washed my hands (I do anyway when I receive Mail). But this was like an infected message....

So, I thought an Angel was needed today...
In Procreate...

View attachment 46379
Why would anyone do that in a card, odd world.

Still it inspired a wonderful pre raphaelite angel from you, 'Let those that see Angels where others see spaces paint them' John Ruskin.

Reactions: ianpspurs

JFWinstone

FBG was 4.8 this morning after yet another rough nights sleep. Having my hormone injection today so the pain and dislocations should improve soon as they usually get worse in the run-up to an injection due to low levels.

Going to be making a no-bake keto cheesecake tomorrow from DD recipe to take to my mum's for pudding for Christmas day, just waiting for the almond flour and erythritol to arrive. I hope it works out as we all love cheesecake :) Still need to wrap the boyfriends Christmas presents, we set a £30 limit for each other this year as we're both skint which is great as it took the pressure off and we know that one won't get the other something way more expensive than the other can afford. Looking forward to spending time with my mum, we're both in Tier 3 but we're in her bubble. I won't be able to see my dad as he is Tier 4 in Kent and most of my family live in Swale which until recently was top in the country for infection rates :inpain: Thankfully I got to see him in September before things got bad there.

In a good mood today despite the lack of sleep :D

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They keep saying the new variant Covid is no worse than the old variant and probably just as susceptable to the vaccine....we hope so.
But it is 1.7x as transmissible and probably kills just as many who get it, is not reassuring since it will kill 1.7x as many people who were affected by the old version of the virus.
D.
Yes - I totally agree that it is much more scary as so many more people will become infected.

Reactions: HarryBeau

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg 4.9 this morning at about 8:30 AM.

Adrian shared this link the other day so I thought I would share it here if no one minds.

A rendition of the famous Christmas song, O Holy Night, by the Franciscan Capuchin Friars in Malta

Last edited: