What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You probably went straight up to the nearest ridge route! :)
Did you get all the Wainrights, they are really special.

Nb I meant his books not all the hills he recorded! :)
D.
Wainwrights and Birketts I have done but few having spent a great number of years climbing in Southern Germany, Northern Italy and Austria. I do have a few books though - does that count?

lindisfel

Expert
Wainwrights and Birketts I have done but few having spent a great number of years climbing in Southern Germany, Northern Italy and Austria. I do have a few books though - does that count?
My library is full of bird books! ;) I was thinking of Wainrights uniquiness and meticulous drawings.
You must have been in the Alpine club?

I have never been your kind of athelete, dunelm. In my teens I thought nothing to cycling the 50 miles to the coast and back and 40 miles on a summer evening on a push bike was a peice of cake, but apart from the bike and doing a few weights, walks and swimming, its all I've done, but I have never carried too much weight for my frame...its not self control its being fortunate.
D.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hahahah right? I don't know what yours is like but mine is outraged motorists about cyclists or vice versa, and endless questions about when various supermarkets are open. You would think they could just ... you know... google that!

Yes, exactly the same here, they can use the internet to post on it, so therefore Google their questions. Or they post photos of suspicious characters. Or who is pea-ing against their garden wall/hedge, but they cropped the photo, so you would have to go round looking to match the shoes to the photo....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why would anyone do that in a card, odd world.

Still it inspired a wonderful pre raphaelite angel from you, 'Let those that see Angels where others see spaces paint them' John Ruskin.
I mean, say you recovered from it, yes, but that bald statement in capitals taking half the card leapt at me.

Thank you for the Angel compliment. For some reason I always do ginger long haired flowing locks angels
:)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have given up the media for the next few days.

7.8 this morning, I attacked the cashew nuts last night, they attacked this morning hence the 7.8.

Mrs J insisted I took her to Waitrose this morning, so at 6:50am with the queue to get into the store already out of the car park entrance, there I am walking multiple laps of the car park while Mrs J risks all to buy blood (y ) SPROUTS.
Then I am ordered to driver her to the local Tesco's pharmacy where Mrs J had to collect a prescription for some part human / part dragon condition, scale conditioner I wonder ? More multiple walking laps of the car park.
Result, over 4000 paces.
Have a great day, stay safe, stay well and if you are in tier 4 stay away.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is Krystyna unfortunately this morning I can't find it...no doubt when I've hobbled about a little & cleared the debris it will make it's whereabouts known.
That sounds just like me at the moment. Lose something - can't find it. Later on lose something else - can't find it but instead find the thing I lost earlier.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Some Christmas cards arrived yesterday.
The first one I opened had one line in it. Not Merry Christmas. Nor Christmas greetings.
BUT in capital letters...
"WE'VE HAD COVID!"

I dropped it immediately. Those words are still seared inside my forehead. Sanitised my hands. Got the tongs, and dropped the whole thing in the waste bin.

Went and washed my hands (I do anyway when I receive Mail). But this was like an infected message....

So, I thought an Angel was needed today...
In Procreate...

View attachment 46379

Just what???? I mean..... but the angel is lovely!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.9 and resigning myself to numbers around this mark till I get my act together in the new year :rolleyes:.

i think that's a sensible call.

this time of year, i see many falling of the wagon, berate themselves then come back on in jan all sheepish.

No need, it's natural.
especially at xmas time any year ....but this year..perlease.

you won't be the only one, in fact you might even be the majority

lets all cut ourselves some slack, it is what it is, as they say.
if we fail now, we restart in Jan, no questions asked.

Lets be kindest to ourselves, it's been a hard year all round..

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just got back from the local shops...

The Polish shop was full of English/Welsh people trying to work out the Polish/Russian/East European languages on the unidentifiable goods in there, and looking totally bewildered. Me, I can read coffee, coffee bags (the coffee bags are great), meats, cheeses, sheep's yoghurt, kefir, and much more (they picked up a kefir when I did, and I am pretty sure they thought it was milk...oh well). And I just breeze in (okay on a Zimmer frame thing), and I am at the till while they are still looking and glowering at me. You shouldn't follow what I do or you will end up down that rabbit hole, or lost on a country lane (because I am lost too, but drive confidently when leaving a gridlocked traffic queue, to escape up a narrow country lane means you get all these motorists following me, and me laughing my head off).

Dear old Mark, our First Minister of Wales announced this sudden level 4 lockdown Saturday afternoon, to start at midnight, saying all retail that was not essential had to shut, and beauty salons etc etc had to close. In other words just food can be sold. And that Christmas was virtually cancelled.

I had a wee drive up the main High Street here to see what was shut out of interest...

Apart from the charity shops which were closed, everything else was open - carpet shops, hardware shops, the bits of everything under the sun shops, beauty salons open, barbershops open, you name it and it was open and trading. Even the private gym was open, and also another certain oriental massage establishment...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG was 4.8 this morning after yet another rough nights sleep. Having my hormone injection today so the pain and dislocations should improve soon as they usually get worse in the run-up to an injection due to low levels.

Going to be making a no-bake keto cheesecake tomorrow from DD recipe to take to my mum's for pudding for Christmas day, just waiting for the almond flour and erythritol to arrive. I hope it works out as we all love cheesecake :) Still need to wrap the boyfriends Christmas presents, we set a £30 limit for each other this year as we're both skint which is great as it took the pressure off and we know that one won't get the other something way more expensive than the other can afford. Looking forward to spending time with my mum, we're both in Tier 3 but we're in her bubble. I won't be able to see my dad as he is Tier 4 in Kent and most of my family live in Swale which until recently was top in the country for infection rates :inpain: Thankfully I got to see him in September before things got bad there.

In a good mood today despite the lack of sleep :D

well in a case of bad news being good news.

we'll all be in tier 4 next week if not sooner, so mixing tiers won't be such an issue.
whether you can still travel to x locations...not so sure.

One year went away with mates for xmas.
to celebrate we decided to limit prezzies to £10..BUT it had to have a definite description of WHY it was bought.

mate was Scottish, and ginger.

so one of his presents was tan tights...cos it's the ONLY way he'd get any colour on his legs that wasn't pasty white OR severe sunburn.
best part was we had to wear all the prezzies for our BBQ xmas diner in the mountains.
must have looked like utter loons to the locals cooking up nearby.....:hilarious::hilarious:

think we'd all be better with that approach.

mmhh cheesecake...sounds delish...:happy:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My library is full of bird books! ;) I was thinking of Wainrights uniquiness and meticulous drawings.
You must have been in the Alpine club? D.
I was a registered Alpine guide in Mittenwald and made a bit of pin money helping US soldiers and their families to conquer the Zugspitze although thankfully other folk did want things a bit more interesting.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, exactly the same here, they can use the internet to post on it, so therefore Google their questions. Or they post photos of suspicious characters. Or who is pea-ing against their garden wall/hedge, but they cropped the photo, so you would have to go round looking to match the shoes to the photo....

well ...why does Miss Ball breaker and porky's come to mind when trying to identify that tally whacker...:hilarious::hilarious:

trust me, for a 20+ year old THAT scene had me and my mates in stitches.

would post link, but best i don't ;)

yeah uses google to post question
but doesn't use to google to find out answer ?....:banghead:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny late morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel on nothing at all to eat came in at 4.5 this am

Bit down yesterday and not quite there yet so not really caught up - lovely angels and baubles though from @gennepher and @geefull spotted.

How to encourage the spread - have an open air Santa stall in the park situated at the boat shed and cafe - queues as far as the eye could see - turned round and came home.

Art today - quick festive doodle - will probably be similar for the next few days at least. Have a great day if you can - more koffy needed.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All we can do is do is all the protection that has kept us safe so far, and not read all this news too much. But the Covid news reports attacks us from all angles, and I don’t have a tv, nor radio because I cannot hear it, yet all this fear type news sneaks into my email boxes, or by the mobile phone news alerts, or by ‘well meaning’ friends on the chat apps. Or my friends abroad, especially one American one who sends me the latest New York Times articles on this dangerous variant in the U.K....it’s one way of getting to read the rest of the New York Times for free...

and how individual we all are.

while it bothers me,

the idea of NOT knowing what's going on, bothers me a whole lot more.

(yes we don't get the complete truth and we do as i do have to aggregate the news and decipher what's true & trustworthy and what's not)

Got to know where the fires are if you want to avoid them, imho.

and i learned so much of how to protect myself and those i love that bit better, since reading up.

But hey, horses for courses..as always.

have a good un.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Not good news about your cyst. My wife had one on her shoulder blade a few weeks ago that got infected, sent picture to doc and he gave her antibiotics which sorted it out. Kath asked if it could be removed and he said no not in present situation, however the one Kath's got on the scalp which is not infected can be removed so appointment made for removal but not in a hospital, have no idea what the criteria is they are useing.

I would have quite liked a prescription for an antibiotic but doctors are hesitant to prescribe them for me.

" Acetylcholine crosses the junction and attaches to a receptor site on the muscle, depolarizing the muscle and allowing it to contract. In patients with MG, the number of receptor sites is reduced, preventing proper contraction and resulting in generalized muscle weakness. The addition of certain antibiotics can further hinder neuromuscular transmission and create life-threatening consequences."

So doctors just tend not to give me antibiotics as they are often unsure of the consequences one reason I have to avoid infections of any kind.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, what a difference a day makes.

Sunday bad.

Monday....
A visit from our Steph..bearing takeaway.

My first real interest in food since Thursday night.

Nephew took car in for MOT...passed..result

Called docs, new procedure for sick notes.
But got it sorted & sent in to work.

One week sick and then onto the furlough scheme..I hope

Hospital called re new x-ray appointment
Not made yet, but in the process.

Meds ordered and collected/ delivered by Steph

And today, left foot less sore.
Wore boots (singular) first time since fall.
Mobilised quite nicely with normal Boot supporting left leg and ski boot on broken one.

Tiring and feet ached after a while.

And while Not quite back to running, just cutting the time from bedroom to bathroom from glacial to slow motion.... felt GOOD. :D

Have a good un all.
The world turns, whatever we do.

@alienaspie ??

you're sorely missed :(