What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Merry Christmas and a wonderful day for you all today @Muddy Cyclist
t7609.gif
Thank you, brilliant. Merry Christmas to yourself.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Have a great Christmas everyone.
The thread is something special today.

I should have taken some strong waters last night because I finished up with a very odd headache in the night that was worth two paracetamol.
I put it down to my Christmas present of stage 1 of my Covid19 vaccine, but its of no bother at all.

Well I must have a morning doing the sprouts etc.
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 5.0 cremant de Loire and chocolate cheesecake as well as refried potatoes yesterday. How is this possible?
This morning the van Internal temp 4.1c
Just enough gas to nearly boil the kettle. New gas bottle fitted, now we are on winter heating mode. Boiler has to heat the water to above 5c before it will produce any hot air.
MrSlim is grilling bacon...
Have the best Chtistmas day you can.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.30am FBG 5.0 cremant de Loire and chocolate cheesecake as well as refried potatoes yesterday. How is this possible?
Just enough gas to nearly boil the kettle. New gas bottle fitted, now we are on winter heating mode. Boiler has to heat the water to above 5c before it will produce any hot air.
Speaks volumes about you that in those temps and gas issues your post comes across as upbeat and you wish us - unseen and I guess unknown - well. Top lady, great fbg.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Have a happy Christmas day and Boxing day all.
Eat drink and be merry.

Normal irreverence will be resumed in the future.

Hand and footnote Mrs J is telling me I have to prepare the sprouts.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Speaks volumes about you that in those temps and gas issues your post comes across as upbeat and you wish us - unseen and I guess unknown - well. Top lady, great fbg.
@ianpspurs Thank you for the compliment, bacon and mushrooms on toast this morning, but heating is still refusing to fire up, possibly the boiler fan has failed. Feeling a bit less cheerful now. Even if temp has increased to 9.4c
We still have the sunshine, warming us up, which is very welcome this morning

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...Happy Christmas to all just getting ready to head off to friends...I will be sitting in the garden watching the children opening their presents through the garden windows...they have promised a comfy chair & a cup of good hot coffee I have warned them it needs to be really good....then home to a slap up roast dinner with Charlie & Lola tier 4 is restricting me but thinking of those with permanent empty spaces at their tables brings me back to how fortunate many of us are...keep safe...HO Ho Ho.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...Happy Christmas to all just getting ready to head off to friends...I will be sitting in the garden watching the children opening their presents through the garden windows...they have promised a comfy chair & a cup of good hot coffee I have warned them it needs to be really good....then home to a slap up roast dinner with Charlie & Lola tier 4 is restricting me but thinking of those with permanent empty spaces at their tables brings me back to how fortunate many of us are...keep safe...HO Ho Ho.
Have a brilliant day @HarryBeau
Enjoy yourself!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing blood sugars. Very puzzling to have a 5.0 after the lovely cheesecake last night. Hope your van internal temperature is a lot higher now.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Had a lovely walk with the dogs this morning. Cold but sunny. Wore my lovely warm padded coat that was my Christmas present from Mr K. It is the perfect present for me and I was so toasty and warm on the walk.