What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Smoked salmon, broccoli sprouts and green chili.
C58DCB08-DE5C-4371-840D-7E2847FC456A.jpeg

Max68

Well the fridge is nearly clear of all the bad stuff! Said goodbye at lunch to the white bread with one slice toasted with two poached eggs crammed on top along with a coffee. Tonight will be lamb chops with two Portobello mushrooms with maybe brie on top tonight and might try some fried cauliflower rice washed down with my trusty friend Coke Zero, followed by some strawberries and extra thick double cream. Was wondering actually if mixing some double cream with coke zero would give an interesting low carb smoothie or just an upset stomach! ;)

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Onlinecaroline

Another accidentally OMAD + today. Woke up late and then the WIFI wouldn’t work so it was 3.30pm before I realised I hadn’t eaten. So had a pack of S and V Curators pork puffs.

Dinner: T Bone with creamed spinach, mushrooms, Savoy cabbage and some swede fries. With home made bernaise sauce.

Afters is going to be a KCK chocolate orange brownie and tea.

Max68

Just a quickie to mention a bit of luck I had earlier, which is a rare entity these days! Picked up my click and collect and two Picanha Steaks and the celeriac were down as the 20th February re use by date, which is today. I asked if it was possible to see if a later date was available but the chap just said if I wanted I could take them and he would also give me a refund for the items. Quite handy when it's two steaks - Result!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@Max68 not jealous of the Picanha at all.

Two meaty meals here. Lunch was a reverse seared bone-in veal rib. Topped it with some home made herb butter which used unpasteurised butter, garlic granules, rosemary and thyme. Boy was it good! (pic in carnivore corner).

Dinner - in 2 stages. Wasn’t sure if I was hungry so cooked half a pack of lamb ribs, coated in lemon pepper and air fried. Yum. And wanted more, so then cooked and ate the rest.

Max68

Evening all.

Two meaty meals here. Lunch was a reverse seared bone-in veal rib. Topped it with some home made herb butter which used unpasteurised butter, garlic granules, rosemary and thyme. Boy was it good! (pic in carnivore corner).

Dinner - in 2 stages. Wasn’t sure if I was hungry so cooked half a pack of lamb ribs, coated in lemon pepper and air fried. Yum. And wanted more, so then cooked and ate the rest.

Goonergal,, hearing a lot about air fried, and air fryers and really intrigued. Just googled it but none the wiser so do you mind explaining what it is and how easy it is?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goonergal,, hearing a lot about air fried, and air fryers and really intrigued. Just googled it but none the wiser so do you mind explaining what it is and how easy it is?

It’s easy peasy. Air frying is a way of cooking without oil - it uses hot air and is basically a mini-oven. There are a range of options from pretty cheap models with ‘baskets’ through to more expensive multi-function options.

My first was this model: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-AF1-Fryer-1500W-Recipe/dp/B00FQKCSAY which I liked and used a lot, but the non-stick coating started peeling.

I now have this one, which was about half the price of similar models elsewhere (this was from Lidl), but I’d happily pay full whack if replacing. It has shelves rather than a basket = bigger capacity and also things like a rotisserie function. The shelves are stainless steel, so there will be no problem with non-stick peeling off.

https://youtu.be/nGlzwXazmEQ

It’s very easy - prep food, select time and temperature and off you go. Tonight for example, I simply took the lamb ribs out of the plastic, rubbed lemon pepper seasoning on them, stuck them on a shelf and 15 mins later they were ready.

Max68

It’s easy peasy. Air frying is a way of cooking without oil - it uses hot air and is basically a mini-oven. There are a range of options from pretty cheap models with ‘baskets’ through to more expensive multi-function options.

My first was this model: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-AF1-Fryer-1500W-Recipe/dp/B00FQKCSAY which I liked and used a lot, but the non-stick coating started peeling.

I now have this one, which was about half the price of similar models elsewhere (this was from Lidl), but I’d happily pay full whack if replacing. It has shelves rather than a basket = bigger capacity and also things like a rotisserie function. The shelves are stainless steel, so there will be no problem with non-stick peeling off.
https://youtu.be/nGlzwXazmEQ

It’s very easy - prep food, select time and temperature and off you go. Tonight for example, I simply took the lamb ribs out of the plastic, rubbed lemon pepper seasoning on them, stuck them on a shelf and 15 mins later they were ready.

Fantastic thank you, sounds great. I might well be investing this week!

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the fridge is nearly clear of all the bad stuff! Said goodbye at lunch to the white bread with one slice toasted with two poached eggs crammed on top along with a coffee. Tonight will be lamb chops with two Portobello mushrooms with maybe brie on top tonight and might try some fried cauliflower rice washed down with my trusty friend Coke Zero, followed by some strawberries and extra thick double cream. Was wondering actually if mixing some double cream with coke zero would give an interesting low carb smoothie or just an upset stomach! ;)

Everything up to that last sentence sounds great mind you my mum used to make Cola Floats - Coke with a dollop of vanilla ice cream on top, we loved them although they looked horrible as the ice cream melted and they went a sludgy colour.

Reactions: maglil55 and Max68

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 meals for me today. Breakfast supposed to be 2 soft boiled eggs with asparagus dipping ‘soldiers’. As usual when cooking eggs I wandered out of the kitchen and forgot about them. At least they hadn’t boiled dry and exploded this time but they were very hard boiled.
Lunch was h/m mackerel pate, 1 slice Mestermacher bread and a dollop of supergreen sauerkraut. DGF blondie to follow.
Dinner: 2 lamb chops, 1 slice lambs liver with a few fried onions and cabbage cooked in butter. 2 glasses red.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Saw the photo - my! that looks good! How did you cook it after searing?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saw the photo - my! that looks good! How did you cook it after searing?

It was reverse seared - so very low oven (gas 2) for about 30-35 mins and then a very hot frying pan with beef dripping for about 1 min on each side. Then no need to rest after reverse searing so cut an onto plate. Really tender and delicious. Will be buying it again!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beef is the theme here this weekend. We are a household of 3 so took 2 x 2 packs of steak out of the freezer. On cooking them last night found they were quite large and could do 2 between 3 so, last night plain steak. Tonight is the other 2 but sliced, added mushrooms, brandy and cream to make stroganoff served over rice for the boys and cabbage for me.
Had forgotten that I had bought beef for tomorrow's roast...! So will be beef at least 4 dinners in a row

Lunch was camembert that was running nicely out of the box. Granola bars

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 90 sec mug bread microwaved then finished off in frying pan (I like food well done) - I cut it in to 3 slices - 1 slice with garlic butter melted on it and with the other 2 I made a sandwich with a slice of cheddar cheese and garlic butter in the middle. Usual mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Large mushroom & onion omlette. 2 squares Lindtt 90% - and I have just had another 2 squares got the munchies tonight ... looks like wine o'clock time too ...

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterdays was bacon and eggs, fried tomatoes for breakfast, lunch on the run chicken and salad roll. Dinner was rump steak and green vegs, two small low carb potatoes and gravy.

Washed down with water and black coffee to keep the fluids up. :)

I can see there are some nice mix and match recipe ideas in this thread that will give me a bit of a idea.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast supposed to be 2 soft boiled eggs with asparagus dipping ‘soldiers’. As usual when cooking eggs I wandered out of the kitchen and forgot about them. At least they hadn’t boiled dry and exploded this time but they were very hard boiled.
I love soft boiled eggs, but I prefer my asparagus with hard boiled eggs, mashed with melted butter and a bit of salt so this sounds perfect to me ;)

Reactions: DJC3