What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Slept in today and woke up to 4.7 today.

@DJC3 -- Hugs for the sore muscles. When I went out on Tuesday and walked for something like one and half hours, I suffered from sore muscles too. Must be all this lack of walking during lockdown. Don't ever remember being this sore from walking ever before. Anyway, hope you feel better tomorrow.
@Providence 62 -- Good luck with your doctor's appointment on Wednesday and hugs for the fbg of 9.
@CristyN29 -- Welcome to the thread (though I apologize that the welcome is a bit belated on my part).
@PenguinMum -- It's seems to be the sticky 5s for you lately. Really well done, especially after the take out.
@Estragon -- Agree with you -- what a great forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Yeah, I know what you mean. Hoping every time to get a sustained lower number and then this, it’s very disconcerting and demoralising. However, looking at your HBA1Cs you’ve achieved TONS and TONS! Well done. Yes, keep us informed, if you wish, from what the Doc says.
Thanks @Estragon - I think my insulin has given up the ghost and I am just trying to stagger on using a background insulin. Thanks for the encouragement :) I will keep you informed.

Beelady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe and offal
9.3 this morning. I know this is high but it's much better than it has been.
Mine is crazy figures. Always 11+ and highest this week was 16.6. I would like to ask you how you managed to reduce yours?
I belong to Leeds DUK support group and when I mentioned it at the last zoom meeting they all just laughed, said you've got a problem there, they would just increase their insulin shot. I am trying very low carb eating now.
How did you manage to improve your readings?

Last edited:
Reactions: ert

Beelady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe and offal
I'm really, really struggling at the moment. Had CABG procedure in July and I also have huge stresses on me from husband having Alzheimers.
Morning fasting BG always 11.0+ with 16.6 being the highest this week. HbA1c of 71. Weight 84kg. Feeling pretty ghastly and continually exhausted. Exercising is difficult due to still recovering from broken ankle last January (2020)
My DUK support group zoom meeting all laughed at me (not unkindly) saying You've got a problem there. We would just inject more insulin!

Reactions: ert and Ymdawd

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is why i have a libre. The lack of holey fingers appeals to me.
I have thought about a Libre but I’m fairly well controlled so not sure I can justify the price particularly as my skin reacts to quite a few things. I may try out their free fortnight trial though.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
I have thought about a Libre but I’m fairly well controlled so not sure I can justify the price particularly as my skin reacts to quite a few things. I may try out their free fortnight trial though.

I didn’t realise they did a trial, I’ve just applied, thanks for pointing this out.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.6 this am think some of that is down to very poor sleep ...been awake since 2.30 ...body tired but mind just won't let me sleep !

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm really, really struggling at the moment. Had CABG procedure in July and I also have huge stresses on me from husband having Alzheimers.
Morning fasting BG always 11.0+ with 16.6 being the highest this week. HbA1c of 71. Weight 84kg. Feeling pretty ghastly and continually exhausted. Exercising is difficult due to still recovering from broken ankle last January (2020)
My DUK support group zoom meeting all laughed at me (not unkindly) saying You've got a problem there. We would just inject more insulin!
Hi Beelady you sound like you need a virtual hug. Sorry life is so difficult while trying to cope with Diabetes. Stress adds to BG levels significantly. Why dont you start a new thread of your own because we are only allowed “some chat” on this one.