What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.1 at 0900 forgot to test before going running.

Have a good day everyone, I hope some of you get the day off , I’ve been called in which has a habit of happening on bank holidays

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.7 this morning. After forgetting to test until after cleaning bedrooms, including cleaning the windows, and bathroom, So late test, and as my liver has anticipated, I will have a hot cross bun for brunch and accept the consequences. Just to celebrate @DJC3 ‘s birthday. (Who can celebrate not having same reading as me, today).

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning - I got a trial Libre sensor and I am finding the data from that really interesting. After watching DP and then a further rise at breakfast I have started intermittent fasting, switched my Metformin SR back to full dose with evening meal rather than split dose and have seen an immediate flattening of the peaks and very nice numbers after lunch and supper. I wouldn't have known with just finger post prandial data. Only 3 days so far but encouraging.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mmm back in the 7s

Been suffering from a head cold sinus since 15th March I'm now thinking that is not helping with my BSL as well. Might see if I can get in to see doctor and no don't think it's covid as been sneezing and stuffy nose headaches which I don't think are symptoms of covid but will ring my clinic see what they say to do

Get well soon

Reactions: annabell1

lindapick

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish spiders
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.6 - I’ll take that.

I went to bed on a 8.3 after eating 4 croissants during day and for supper French stick used to mop up the gravy from mussels - delicious! BTW, croissants were for breakfast, mussels were for supper! Anyway, with my HBA1C having dropped three points to 49, my insulin resistance must’ve been lowered to get this overnight “drop”, added to which I had a lousy night sleeping.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 just now as am into nearly 4.5 days (107 hrs) of fasting. The average of readings in last 24 hours as 4.0.

I will be breaking my fast possibly in another 3 hours or so. I have not been feeling low on energy or any weakness of any kind and wanted to take it to 120 hours to get the good round number of 5 days but Mrs. Nutribolt will have none of it and I love her for being so caring - am one lucky man. :happy:

Have a great Saturday everyone. :)