What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All 6.6 at 0745. Mr Libre agreed but he told me if I had got up at 0630 I would have been firmly in the 5s. A trend is occurring. I could set the clock for 0630 do a finger prick and go back to sleep but I am not going to do it. Have a good Sunday All and try and stay dry.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Checking my fbg via Tee 2 was a logistical nightmare - it'll never catch on. Anyhow, one way or another - quiet Debs - 6.1 showed up. Hefty protein yesterday 120 gms (v chunky (skinless) chicken breast, whey protein isolate, 0% Greek yogurt, skinny bread all starred) much longer and higher score on the sleepometer, resting pulse substantially lower, far more satiated. Unhappy with fbg but the process skewed that (learnt that from Libre) and those markers are fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia and OCat

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Slept in again in defiance of FBG so no surprises at 0745 I got 6.1 on Swipey and 6.7 (hush!) the old fashioned way. @ianpspurs its not all bad, glad it was a satisfying day. Monday again.
Thanks @PenguinMum. There seems to be no room in an LC WOE (that I, not someone else, can stick at) for pleasure from food, acceptable stats and bg control @non-D levels. Lord knows I've given this a right go. Satiety has always been the big loser but pleasure runs it very close. @ziggy_w thanks for the hug but not needed. The higher protein, forget adding fat or deliberate hf options, is right for me all round. If bg rises and Drs eventually need to intervene (meds) as a result so be it but I'll tweak this first.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w and OCat

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.9 this morning at 06:50

Tweaked my knee running yesterday, so resting it today.

Visited my father yesterday in Liverpool, visited local KFC at lunchtime which resulted in a rather surprising BG of 5.1 by 1800, I was expecting higher.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning at 06:50

Tweaked my knee running yesterday, so resting it today.

Visited my father yesterday in Liverpool, visited local KFC at lunchtime which resulted in a rather surprising BG of 5.1 by 1800, I was expecting higher.
Needs a combined hug and winner rating. Be careful with the knee tweak. It could end a promising ultra marathon career. I tell people mine did;)

Reactions: HeliGary and OCat

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum. There seems to be no room in an LC WOE (that I, not someone else, can stick at) for pleasure from food, acceptable stats and bg control @non-D levels. Lord knows I've given this a right go. Satiety has always been the big loser but pleasure runs it very close. @ziggy_w thanks for the hug but not needed. The higher protein, forget adding fat or deliberate hf options, is right for me all round. If bg rises and Drs eventually need to intervene (meds) as a result so be it but I'll tweak this first.

Hi @ianpspurs,

I am really glad you seem to have found a way of eating that works better for you:). I can really see how constantly feeling hungry and not enjoying your food will get old very soon (and I know you haven't been happy with lchf for a while). So, I will change my hug into a winner for you.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if your blood sugars came down after some type of routine sets in. Regardless -- I still think your levels are very good.

Reactions: Ryhia and OCat