What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Massive congratulations @Estragon , what a guy. (Who the one with the spear? Yep, assegai:angelic:) Your post puts things into perspective somewhat. Tee 2 - after 456789000 ish attempts to draw enough blood reckons 6.2. Enough reasons to doubt that and huge variations in Stabbo's readings, within seconds, yesterday but I'll go with that - suits my scepticism. I'm with the Emeister in finding Elsie unattractive about 80-90% of the time but the good days are good. I've become too complacent being in the place he is celebrating. Thanks Bud.

Last edited:

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
5.6 this morning, which surprised me because I cooked a cottage pie for my daughter and myself being as it's turned chilly out. I used normal flour to thicken as I didn't have anything else, and of course there was tomato puree in there, so I'm not sure if it is okay to use? I made the mash with steamed cauliflower, adding lots of butter and cream cheese to that. It tasted so good that I had more than I thought wise, and certainly expected to see a higher number this morning!!!

Reactions: DJC3 and ert

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Right . . . I've just had my HBA1C results and they now put ME into NORMAL, not PRE-DIABETIC, but NORMAL. Why do I mention this, because at the same time I've almost eradicated my Carb intake, swapping it out for the LCHF diet ( which I'm not too keen on) and, being dead scared of raising my Chlorestorel levels!! But guess what?: My Chlorestorel levels are normal and whilst I've been on this LCHF diet (did I say I'm not keen on it?) they have gone DOWN!

So here's the Skinny:
HBA1C - DOWN > NORMAL
Cholesterol
- DOWN > NORMAL

OCCAM'S Razor? I must be a Polar Bear.
Winner winner winner, for your results. We all know how hard you have worked for them.

Reactions: DJC3

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.1 this morning. Have a good day everyone. Still in quarantine until midnight Friday.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning, which surprised me because I cooked a cottage pie for my daughter and myself being as it's turned chilly out. I used normal flour to thicken as I didn't have anything else, and of course there was tomato puree in there, so I'm not sure if it is okay to use? I made the mash with steamed cauliflower, adding lots of butter and cream cheese to that. It tasted so good that I had more than I thought wise, and certainly expected to see a higher number this morning!!!
If the mantra is eat to your meter then that recipe is worth a few repeats to see what happens. Lord knows its hard enough to make Elsie vaguely lovable for many.

Last edited:

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If the mantras is eat to your meter then that recipe is worth a few repeats to see what happens. Lord knows its hard enough to make Elsie lovable for many.
It's SO put a smile on my face this morning ianspurs :)

Reactions: Ryhia

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Have a good day everyone. Still in quarantine until midnight Friday.
Great to see you on the mend. Hope you are not feeling too washed out.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's SO put a smile on my face this morning ianspurs :)
Good. Fbgs come and go but Elsie is for life so some enjoyment is vital. Cauli mash with cream cheese, not for me but you go girl.

Reactions: coby

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right . . . I've just had my HBA1C results and they now put ME into NORMAL, not PRE-DIABETIC, but NORMAL. Why do I mention this, because at the same time I've almost eradicated my Carb intake, swapping it out for the LCHF diet ( which I'm not too keen on) and, being dead scared of raising my Chlorestorel levels!! But guess what?: My Chlorestorel levels are normal and whilst I've been on this LCHF diet (did I say I'm not keen on it?) they have gone DOWN!

So here's the Skinny:
HBA1C - DOWN > NORMAL
Cholesterol
- DOWN > NORMAL

OCCAM'S Razor? I must be a Polar Bear.

That’s fabulous! Very well done. I know it’s been a struggle at times but you stuck with it and got the results you absolutely deserve.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good. Fbgs come and go but Elsie is for life so some enjoyment is vital. Cauli mash with cream cheese, not for me but you go girl.
It's yummy! :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's yummy! :D
You were doing so well up to that point. Yummy? Dear Lord, it is food (Elsie's at that); just about functional, vaguely agreeable or downright disgusting covers it all - apart from the Swoon Sisters recipes and salmon salad:angelic:

Last edited:

mick808

8.1 this morning , feeling shaky after work so just checked again 2hrs after lunch..guess what 3.4 !! had some fruit and 20 mins later 3.3. so half a pack of lucozade tabs to get me in range. just cant win. thought i was doing well too.