What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all wonder what this country is going through.

A troublesome 4.2, then an hour and a half later a 4.7, hmmmm steam driven sliderule, log tables, tea bag reading mug a glance at the weather forecast and a good old guess to calculate my insulin dosage, again sympathy is not required.

@gennepher me and me’s prefer the second one, @dunelm a hug for the vagaries of female lord and masters, pain, pain in the bottom GP’s, and lastly a house move, at least you can drink copious amounts of koffy. Now me and me’s must move on and stay safe all.
Thanks @alf_Josiah
The second one is taking some time to grow on me...

lindisfel

Expert
Morning all,
I don't know what the problem is when one is get older, getting jobs done seems more difficult?
I have been ringing round for sometime to get my Worcester Bosch under guarantee oil boiler serviced. They are not very keen on doing them or taking on new custom. The installer caused a significant oil leak and the smell lasted for best part of year.

Any way the guy I found came and did it yesterday and what a thorough and nice guy he was.

It was interesting to hear his response to the heat pump proposals of the Government. He says it's not been thought out...it won't happen. Air source uses too much electric anyway.

It going to be difficult getting out of this mess without frying the planet.

D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,
I don't know what the problem is when one is get older, getting jobs done seems more difficult?
I have been ringing round for sometime to get my Worcester Bosch under guarantee oil boiler serviced. They are not very keen on doing them or taking on new custom. The installer caused a significant oil leak and the smell lasted for best part of year.

Any way the guy I found came and did it yesterday and what a thorough and nice guy he was.

It was interesting to hear his response to the heat pump proposals of the Government. He says it's not been thought out...it won't happen. Air source uses too much electric anyway.

It going to be difficult getting out of this mess without frying the planet.

D.
I am glad you could get it serviced @lindisfel
And that you got a nice guy to do it.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9.30am FBG 7.4
Possibly DP as have been up a couple of hours... although i did have cake last night, but tested and after 2.5 hours BG was dropping like a stone. From 7.4 to 5.8 in 30 mins.
Morning exercises 10 mins. Will this make a big difference. Should I test before and after?
Murphy's Law is working overtime here.
MrSlim has been trying to sell the motorhome. Someone clicked the buy now button- then spent 10 days demanding more details and photographs before insisting MrSlim delivers it to the UK for him. He has paid a small deposit, enough to cover ferry fare etc, but I am still concerned he will decide it's not for him when he does see it.
The ferry timetable is extremely tight, payment will need to be made within 30 mins.... for MrSlim to catch the return ferry.
Then we were expecting friends for lunch. MrSlim won't be back so that has to be rearranged. Few mins ago the long awaited phone call from the electrician. He has finished a job earlier than expected and can come tomorrow. Except MrSlim won't be here. ARGHHH.
Am waiting to see what else can go wrong.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.30am FBG 7.4
Possibly DP as have been up a couple of hours... although i did have cake last night, but tested and after 2.5 hours BG was dropping like a stone. From 7.4 to 5.8 in 30 mins.
Morning exercises 10 mins. Will this make a big difference. Should I test before and after?
MrSlim has been trying to sell the motorhome. Someone clicked the buy now button- then spent 10 days demanding more details and photographs before insisting MrSlim delivers it to the UK for him. He has paid a small deposit, enough to cover ferry fare etc, but I am still concerned he will decide it's not for him when he does see it.
The ferry timetable is extremely tight, payment will need to be made within 30 mins.... for MrSlim to catch the return ferry.
Then we were expecting friends for lunch. MrSlim won't be back so that has to be rearranged. Few mins ago the long awaited phone call from the electrician. He has finished a job earlier than expected and can come tomorrow. Except MrSlim won't be here. ARGHHH.
Hugs for you @SlimLizzy
This is a fraught nail biting time with the motorhome...
I hope everything goes well.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
9.30am FBG 7.4
Oh that does not sound good. I had a similar problem with a motorcycle. The bloke bought it, or so I thought, and then wanted more details and could it be delivered. I said no, and no and someone else bought it. I reported the bloke to EBay.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a very early start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of “well that’s the freezer emptied” came in at 5.1 at 0330.

Well we now seem to be ready to move on Thursday. The contents of the larder are now down to koffy, tea and a box of eggs, the freezer is empty and the fridge looks quite sad. We will give them a clean today ready for their new owners. Similar with the microwave. Oven is already clean. I can see a take away meal on the cards for tonight - decisions, decisions. International bin day today so the new incumbents will have nice empty and clean bins to play with. Must remember to take photos of the gas and electric displays and do a final online reading. Hip continues to complain fiercely and I hope that my dwindling stash of all things opioids lasts until I see the doc on Friday.

Art bit - we are now into trees, which is quite nice as I like trees. Hope you all have a very pleasant Mitwoch, koffy this early? Don’t mind if I do.

upload_2021-11-17_5-11-26.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning everyone on a very early start here in the dark and dangerous north

Well we now seem to be ready to move on Thursday. The contents of the larder are now down to koffy, tea and a box of eggs, the freezer is empty and the fridge looks quite sad. We will give them a clean today ready for their new owners. Similar with the microwave. Oven is already clean. I can see a take away meal on the cards for tonight - decisions, decisions. International bin day today so the new incumbents will have nice empty and clean bins to play with. Must remember to take photos of the gas and electric displays and do a final online reading. Hip continues to complain fiercely and I hope that my dwindling stash of all things opioids lasts until I see the doc on Friday.

Art bit - we are now into trees, which is quite nice as I like trees. Hope you all have a very pleasant Mitwoch, koffy this early? Don’t mind if I do.

View attachment 52100
Good morning@dunelm. An early start for me too. Just wishing you a smooth, uneventful house move tomorrow. We are still unpacking boxes. Just unearthed the Christmas decorations! Best wishes. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning@dunelm. An early start for me too. Just wishing you a smooth, uneventful house move tomorrow. We are still unpacking boxes. Just unearthed the Christmas decorations! Best wishes. :)
Thank you @dogslife. I expect that we will be unpacking things well into the New Year with all those essential items hiding in the bottom of boxes laughing like drains.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 52100
Good luck with the Thursday move @dunelm
And that it goes easily, effortlessly, and enjoyably...
One can hope...

Love the tree.
Coffee sounds fantastic...drinking mine now...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I am late this morning. It must be catching waking up late...

I was awake at 3 am (like I am usually), but fell back asleep as soon as I had sprayed this ink drawing with the water mister.
So, I never got to take the first photo before it dried (it is nice to compare both paintings).
I woke up with all this still in front of me. Proves I don't move an inch when I am asleep. Must be unusual.
I have just barked at the Magpie who now visits daily to eat the dry cat biscuits. My throat is hoarse. The dog bark alarm was in the front room.
I have just placed an order for a second dog bark alarm, so one sensor can live in the front room, and the second one in my bedroom. And the second one can be set to an ear splitting screeching alarm which hopefully might scare the magpie for good, and might work as an alarm clock for some neighbours...

4C68DF20-47E0-48C2-AAEE-A5D8FE03D626.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Did a really stupid thing on my way home from work last night. There were more roadworks on the way home. I followed a lorry through the traffic lights and then through a gap in the traffic cones - into the roadworks area. I realised instantly but it was too late to get back into the line of traffic. Luckily a really kind workman got me back safely onto the road.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from sunny Cyprus. Are there such things as air hugs? Anyhow, I'm sending them to @SlimLizzy, @dunelm for his hip (JKP almost certainly now needs replacements) and @lindisfel for the fartnarkle of finding a man with a plan for that there boiler. Heat source pumps not thought through? How very unlike Dear Leader:angelic: Best wishes for moving day @dunelm. 20 months on we still have so much in boxes but since I've never settled it can stay ready for next time. Thanks for the art @gennepher and @dunelm. Call my fbg 5.2 why don'tcha. I'm looking out over the Med in wall to wall sun after the gym and breakfast by the pool complete with Bucks fizz. I'll work hard at having an o.k. Weds but can't promise anything:angelic: Tighten your stays but don't faint. Sorry for the funny @Krystyna23040 but what's a guy supposed to do with that story?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. Did a really stupid thing on my way home from work last night. There were more roadworks on the way home. I followed a lorry through the traffic lights and then through a gap in the traffic cones - into the roadworks area. I realised instantly but it was too late to get back into the line of traffic. Luckily a really kind workman got me back safely onto the road.
Oops @Krystyna23040
It wasn't stupid. Roadworks can be very confusing with all those traffic cones. The workman was very kind.

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good national bin day Morening ladies and gentlemen.

A solid 5.6 this morning on that meter of mischievousness.

I have a funeral to attend this afternoon, the poor chap was 101 years old, me and me’s are friends with his son and grandsons. I am wondering what Mrs J will want me to wear and will she order a haircut and beard trim…….no chance of either, the wake is to be held in his local, so let’s recap…..101 years old and still went down the pub, what a man.
Stay well, stay safe and stay apart, me and me’s will attempt that at the wake, If you want to find me I shall be in the large pub garden drinking koffy.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I am late this morning. It must be catching waking up late...

I was awake at 3 am (like I am usually), but fell back asleep as soon as I had sprayed this ink drawing with the water mister.
So, I never got to take the first photo before it dried (it is nice to compare both paintings).
I woke up with all this still in front of me. Proves I don't move an inch when I am asleep. Must be unusual.
I have just barked at the Magpie who now visits daily to eat the dry cat biscuits. My throat is hoarse. The dog bark alarm was in the front room.
I have just placed an order for a second dog bark alarm, so one sensor can live in the front room, and the second one in my bedroom. And the second one can be set to an ear splitting screeching alarm which hopefully might scare the magpie for good, and might work as an alarm clock for some neighbours...

View attachment 52102
Wonderful trees, woof woof!

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So today I learned that a sauna set to 100°C is v, v hot after 20 mins - pas de ***** Sherlock. No wonder the guy previous had been in and out sharpish. It was he who must have set it to 100, wimped out then went into the cold shower pronto.