What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

prhayes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’re doing great. If you google Keto Granola it might throw up some possibilities to make up your own mix. Sainsburys bigger branches sell Hi-Lo seeded bread which is only 5g/slice though slices are small. I like a slice of toast to start the day.
Thanks so much for the bread recommendation, will give it a try - I also love toast, particularly poached eggs on toast so have been missing that - thanks again :)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away for a good while... but I was only off the forum never off the wagon and with over a year of ADF regime under my belt and still following it religiously my BG at 6AM was 4.5 and then now at 28 hours into fasting its 4...

Reactions: karen8967

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 6:30, but (yes, despite the time stamp) I had a good night's sleep. Sleep is good people, I highly recommend it.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away for a good while... but I was only off the forum never off the wagon and with over a year of ADF regime under my belt and still following it religiously my BG at 6AM was 4.5 and then now at 28 hours into fasting its 4...
Good to see you back posting @nutribolt I was wondering how you were doing.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Team D. New Swipey = "sensor not responding please remove and replace" :arghh:. Abbott need to be rousted up. What is a guy supposed to do about sub-optimal outcomes from supposedly textbook actions - Elsie included? @DEBBIESCOTT I'm gyming later so I will obey. Stay safe, eat yer high quality protein and greens, move about a bit, lift things and then just hope and pray.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning Team D. New Swipey = "sensor not responding please remove and replace" :arghh:. Abbott need to be rousted up. What is a guy supposed to do about sub-optimal outcomes from supposedly textbook actions - Elsie included? @DEBBIESCOTT I'm gyming later so I will obey. Stay safe, eat yer high quality protein and greens, move about a bit, lift things and then just hope and pray.
@ianpspurs thank you, think abbot have a problem with libres, last Monday still stuck to my arm but sensor had come away & hanging off so failed, exactly the same thing has happened to new one today, enjoy the gym

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
6 this morning at 7.30am - I am happy with that :)

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.4 this morning slight improvement on the last few days . Have got a bit of a cold so that will affect my bg .

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon All. Busy morning after finding 6.8 pn Libre and very unpleasant 7.6 the traditional way. However an hour after my slice of HiLo toast I tested 7.1 so happy with that even if it makes little sense! Happy Saturday!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon All. Busy morning after finding 6.8 pn Libre and very unpleasant 7.6 the traditional way. However an hour after my slice of HiLo toast I tested 7.1 so happy with that even if it makes little sense! Happy Saturday!
Hi Lo, Hi Lo it's down the Stabbo we go:D

manhattan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi type 2 here and because of that wasn’t given a test meter by diabetic nurse… managed to get a free meter through Contour.. tested. Myself for the first time this morning before break reading was 9 mmol,,, then tested again 2 hours after lunch which consisted of a sausage sandwich.. reading was 16mmol… should I be concerned