What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Hello @Lainie71 Silly questions, apologies, but are both meters showing the same units, such as mmo/lt? Does either meter have a special test strip for checking the meter's calibration? Have you tried either as a simultaneous comparison with your health centre's professional meter? (Yes I know it's a pain to get an appt.)
Hi both meters are in mols, no special test strip for checking the meters calibration. I have not tried a comparison with gps either. Tested on the new metre today and it was 6.5 after dinner so I might have to just wait for the hba1c to be done. Thanks anyway ;)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Which would be easier to work out if I'd set the time/date on either of them ...

I tend to use the finger prick readings as a guide rather than gospel. Given my (lack of) diagnosis I don't need an absolutely accurate number.
Yes I agree but mine do seem to be all over the shot but would like some kind of clarity - its driving me nuts :hilarious:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre 9.9
Contour 8.8
So inconsistent every day
Morning dog walk with friend before work
Peloton later
Have a good d day everyone

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
So inconsistent every day
Is inconsistency an issue? You are doing so well to remain within a “range” can we now view this as possibly a good thing? Sure, I read others having low and stable and I get depressed and envious. I’m starting to “recognise” this maybe my, MY, healthy, status quo - maybe.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again, you’re an inspiration to me. How? Your tenacity and adherence to evidence-based results. Keep it going - please :) .

Reactions: JohnEGreen

rayhigginson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wake up 10.4 mmol pint of water and my meds after 1.5hours 15.5 mmol still haven’t eaten as I have gone high and have a fasting blood test in 10 mins

weejanis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't like two faced people, and people who think they are better than others. There is not much in the food line that I don't like, (mores the pity). I don't like the heat and prefer cold days to hot.
4.5 on waking this morning.

Reactions: karen8967

weejanis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I don't like two faced people, and people who think they are better than others. There is not much in the food line that I don't like, (mores the pity). I don't like the heat and prefer cold days to hot.
4.5 on waking this morning.
The profile shows I am an insulin dependent diabetic but I am Type 2 but don't take insulin on Metformin slow release. Don't know how to change it.

SarahMck

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
First time poster. My bloods are always high in mornings. Like 15’s then I struggle to get back to normal all morning. ‍♀️ I have the libre and shows all ok until 3am then starts to spike. I’ve heard about DF but any other ideas, or just another added bonus of Diabetes

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wake up 10.4 mmol pint of water and my meds after 1.5hours 15.5 mmol still haven’t eaten as I have gone high and have a fasting blood test in 10 mins
Let us know how it went and what the results are. It might be stress/worry raising those bgs, but do watch for ketones as well just in case it's heading to dka