What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First time poster. My bloods are always high in mornings. Like 15’s then I struggle to get back to normal all morning. ‍♀️ I have the libre and shows all ok until 3am then starts to spike. I’ve heard about DF but any other ideas, or just another added bonus of Diabetes
I suggest you start your own thread for this. It might get lost in all the traffic in this one and there are many t1s out there who might be able to comment.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 this morning, first 4 anything seen since Christmas, but it follows a 42 hour fast forced by sickness bug. Not a recommended way to lower bg, but it does confirm my body would prefer me to have no food, ever!

Reactions: karen8967

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 5.3 before rising then 6.3
Contour meter 5.3
3 cooked meals & a protein shake with almond milk before bed & back in the 5’s how?
First day back to the gym before work today, then health walk with daughter at lunch time
Have a good day everyone it’s nearly the weekend

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11.1 this morning, my BGs have been high for the last couple of days, probably due to ‘other’ issues brewing in my liver at the moment! Why have one complication when you can have a few at the same time!!!!!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1641382311535.jpg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't posted for a few days fbg numbers still high 11 this morning but its probably due to the lingering cough that I have ( non Covid.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. A common theme of trying to fight higher than desired FBG it seems. Count me in. 6.8 today just glad its not a 7. Keep fighting the good fight its all we can do. Happy Friday everyone.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 on the new meter this morning, 4.8 on the old. I reckon those numbers are close enough to be considered the same, and I am happy that the new one is showing higher - I'd rather have high estimate than low.

I'm happy with those numbers.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a rotten sleep last night as in gave up trying at 3:30 and went downstairs to watch mindless TV. I suspect most peoples' bloods would have risen, mine came in at 4.4 this morning. You just can't fathom it can you.

Reactions: McHelen

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre before rising 5.7 after 6.3
Contour meter 5.7
2 continuous day in the 5’s, hoping for a hatrick tomorrow
Have a good weekend everyone

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967