What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.0 - OMG! Haven’t had this for months! Did loadsa work in the garden yesterday.

Reactions: karen8967

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 at 6 AM.

Had a strange day yesterday. It was my fasting day and I had my regular two walks of 2.5 miles each yet my day average was 6.7 and at its highest it reached 9.7 at around 12 PM. Generally 9AM to 12 PM is the higher number window for me but this high on a fasting day is unusual. I also had a backache. Later I realised I had not had Mg supplement and after I took that, the pain subsided as well as numbers came down... wonder if there is any correlation.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also had a backache. Later I realised I had not had Mg supplement and after I took that, the pain subsided as well as numbers came down... wonder if there is any correlation.
@nutribolt Interesting! Your experience encourages me to take my Mg & zinc supplement regularly, despite the fact that having to swallow lots of pills does slightly take the shine off meals. I also massage a Healthspan Mg gel onto my bad back every morning. It seems to help a little, but that could be the effect of the massage, or placebo.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a rotten sleep last night as in gave up trying at 3:30 and went downstairs to watch mindless TV. I suspect most peoples' bloods would have risen, mine came in at 4.4 this morning. You just can't fathom it can you.

Same - I was up between 3 - 4:30 or so bimbling around online. Glucose at the start and end of that went from (from memory) 5.6 - 6.7. I had water and caffeine/everything free herb tea.

Properly getting up at 7:30, after really not much more sleep. 4.6. I wonder if my blood has a sugar party every night when I'm supposedly asleep. There's a set of images that'll fester for a while. ...

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if my blood has a sugar party every night when I'm supposedly asleep.
@Widgets I do wonder that about mine too. Think I'll have to invest in a Libre sensor soon to check. Though the only time I did that, my Libre thought I was in danger of going too low in the might, which was extremely unlikely.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Widgets I do wonder that about mine too. Think I'll have to invest in a Libre sensor soon to check. Though the only time I did that, my Libre thought I was in danger of going too low in the might, which was extremely unlikely.

I've thought about investing in one as well. I am a numbers fan, and fully embrace 'my body, my science project' so I should go for it. Perhaps in the lead up to my next scheduled HbA1c test to see how the numbers compare.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.6 today Libre who only has two days left says 7.4 and this one has given me average BG of 6.4 rather than previous averages being in the 5s. At the start of this Libre it had me in 3s during the night so for me its not a reliable asset but good for trends. Happy Saturday everyone, some great results from many!

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
onto my bad back every mornin
Thats the thing though... I do not really have a bad back ever since I started ADF and reached my weight goal back in Jan'21. The backache was bizarre to say the least as normally my reminder for Mg is a headache not a backache bit guess my body decided on a variation of alarm to ring.

@Widgets and @Alexandra100 :

For libre, I would highly recommend to keep in mind that if you will only use the official libre app then its best to see the graph to get an idea of trends as finger prick and libre can be vastly different. If you want a closer reading I would recommend using Diabox... check the second pdf in my signature for details if it is of interest to you.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Takes his place in the stands - away end - and cheers on Team D. Libre, meter, protein shakes (great stuff @DEBBIESCOTT) and Mg supplements trending today. I "bury" whey protein in my single coffee - 11.00 a.m./post gym. @Estragon yay for the 6s and loadsa gardening. Tree felling, fence post ramming and hauling lawnmowers up ditch sides have worked the best for me over the years. Managing The D by diet only? Wonderful idea except for the food. Don't get ambushed by cakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967