What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Three slices middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast.
No smoko, as I had every one and their dog come at one time, BC nurse to dress my legs, one of the palliative care unit nurses, and my GP with my CT scan results.
MRE Spag bol, four bits of warm garlic bread to keep my insides happy for lunch.
Grilled tailor fillets, green veggies for supper at six.

Crispbread and danish blue cheese watching Prime video.

Glass of single male whisky before an early night listrng to ABC Jazz.

Hope the scan results were what you wanted to hear.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: bacon and eggs
2nd meal will be something with haddock that Neil bought for me when he went shopping. It has to be used by today. Plan is to stir fry some vegetables, cut the haddock into strips and put them on top of the vegetables to steam.
I didn't have the strawberries last night but will have to do something with them before they go off so might just make an unsweetened coulis and freeze it. Could use it with some yoghurt or cream and freeze the rest.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Nothing until this late morning so had 2 slices of topside beef and a naughty apple. Later on about 4 ish I had cauliflower rice, sliced courgette, sliced mushroom and x3 rashers of chopped up bacon - all mixed together.
5.7 bg reading 2 hrs later

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 2 July - bed 6.6 FBG 7.7

First day of school holidays and Hubby's birthday. He doesn't want to go out. It's rather humid and eldest wants to go into Edinburgh in search of the "right kind of jacket" for senior school. More difficult than it sounds but we got it! Also required a detour via the Lego Store and M&S for a quick shop (he wanted to get Papa birthday cupcakes)

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with salmon pate.

L. Nothing - on the shopping expedition with eldest grandson. He's getting too attached to this shopping lark

Still humid so Hubby declared he just wanted cold cuts and a dark rum. Ham, ox tongue, wafer thin roast beef, smoked chicken, santini tomatoes, deli coleslaw, crustless quiche.
Hubby has afterwards a Colin the Caterpillar cupcake! I had a Nick's LC Coconut bar.
While he had dark rum & coke, I had gin with diet lemonade. Lovely sitting outside.

Sunday 3 July - bed 7 FBG 7.2

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with guacamole and smoked chicken

L. Nothing last swimming lesson before the 6 weeks off!

D. Usual campari and soda. Sizzle steak with the mix of baby spinach, santini tomatoes and walnut halves. Nick's LC Coconut bar.

Monday 4 July - bed 8 FBG 7.4

I'm pretty much a free agent for first 2 weeks. I'm going to have a few days rest and survey the online sale at Next.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.

L. Bit of crustless quiche.

D. A SLC base with my toppings of tomato, cheese and herbs pizza.

I stayed away from the Nick's bars tonight but I did have a gin and zero lemonade with orange slice. It's necessary in this warm weather.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
These are the M&S flatbreads there are quite low carb 5.2g per slice, only this flavour. The other flavours are much higher.
quite tasty and very satisfying
Ms flatbreads front.jpg
Ms flatbread back.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban I hope your scan results were as good as you could hope for in your circumstances. A glass of single malt and jazz sounds like such a perfect evening.

Today I was back in my own house so could have breakfast - Cheese omelette and chilli sauerkraut.
Wasn’t hungry at lunchtime but had a h/b egg mid aft after lawn mowing in the heat wiped me out.
Dinner was venison steak, blue cheese and mushroom sauce and some buttery greens.
I get venison and lots of other game meat delivered from wildandgame.co.uk they are currently offering 20% off first order if anyone wants to try, use code FRIEND at checkout. ( There’s no advantage or kickback to me whether you do or not)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mid morning: 2 scrambled eggs
Cooking ready for visitors tomorrow
Got out in the garden for a while too as it stayed cooler for a few hours
2 nut bars, but 2 took my bg up too high.
Tried a new water kefir drink . Tasted pleasant, not sweet, but only had 150ml as its very expensive
Test drove a new second hand car. Think we might go for this one.
Glass of wine and water with a neighbour
Another glass at home.
Cheeses, olives, 2 ms flatbreads, cucumber
Small ice cream

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I get venison and lots of other game meat delivered from wildandgame.co.uk they are currently offering 20% off first order if anyone wants to try, use code FRIEND at checkout. ( There’s no advantage or kickback to me whether you do or not)
Thanks for including that last part, saves us mods trying to find out if there's a benefit attached to the one who shares!

And here's another free tip for everyone to use without benefits for me (unless you invite me over for dinner, in which case I'd obviously benefit):

Use your kitchen timer or you'll end up feeling as stupid as I did!

293043709_10225835374345379_4974765860854220210_n.jpg

Good thing I marinated enough pork belly pieces for multiple days but only put a one day portion in the oven!
Made the second batch WITH the timer, with much better results. :)
Had them with an experimental cauliflower mash.

I fried mushrooms, onion, a little bell pepper and a chilli pepper and added soy sauce and some other stuff thinking to have my mash with the meat side dish and the mushroom side dish.
Mushrooms turned out too salty, but the mash was still bland so I simply mixed the two, very tasty solution. :hungry:

292178334_10225835376585435_8377946735087312099_n.jpg

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by DGF millionaires shortbread.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I cooked the fish on its own after all because it would have gone off if I'd left it but I didn't eat anything. Just not hungry and anyway, too sore to stand and cut up vegetables. Back to bed now, but I may not stay there too long - my chest is a bit too sore for that.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Small bit of steak, three well done eggs, fried up leftover veggies for breakfast.
Small sausage rolls from the pie shop for smoko.
Rolled lamb ffore quater roast, veggies, pan juice gravy for lunch.
Cold lamb sandwiches for supper at six.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: small bowl of home made granola with milk. Probably too much fruit in it because my BG is up to 16.4. Either that, or it's this darned cold.

2nd meal will be the haddock I cooked off yesterday and I will just have to find the energy to shred some vegetables for a stir fry to go with it. Don't feel very energetic right now but I've just got around to getting dressed - first time in days and that's taken it out of me a bit. After a rest maybe.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome back @RosemaryJackson. @Annb sorry you're unwell again. @MrsA2 I use M&S serrano ham or their pancetta crisps as a very tasty LC replacement for potato crisps. I have also made my own salami crisps in the microwave by just blasting salami slices in the microwave between 2 sheets of kitchen towel. They crisp up as they cool but you have to be careful as they burn easily. It's a bit of trial depending on the power of your microwave.

Tuesday 5 July - bed 8.2 FBG 8.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. Nothing

D. Roast chicken and GF sage and onion stuffing. Spinach, santini tomatoes and walnuts.
Grenade ice cream bar.

Believe it or not, I tackled a pile of ironing today. Mainly because there was a bit of a breeze so it was cooler upstairs with all the windows open.

Wednesday 6 July - bed 9.3 FBG 8.3. No idea what is going on with my BGs. I don't feel unwell so I'm struggling to account for this.

B. TAG and a bit crustless quiche

L. Nothing

D. M&S chicken katsu burger, Emmental cheese slice, exotic mushrooms and a mix of santini tomatoes, avocado and walnuts.

Nick's LC Coconut bar. These things are addictive!

Thursday 7 July - bed 7.7 FBG 8

B. TAG and a bit crustless quiche

L. Nothing

D. Poached salmon fillet, prawns and Marie Rose, 1/2 avocado and santini tomatoes. Strawberries and cream. Too hot for anything else.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 8 July - bed 8 FBG 7.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. Bit of crustless quiche.

D. Smoked sausage and an omelette with mushrooms, tomato and bacon bits.

A well iced vodka and diet coke with a slice of orange.

Saturday 9 July - bed 5.8 FBG 7.2 Woo Hoo signs of normality again.

B. TAG and a bit crustless quiche.

L. 5 cherries

D. A bit of a mish mash. 1/2 avocado with prawns and Marie Rose, mini mozzarella with santini tomatoes and walnuts a hot dish of scallops/prawns with a cheesy sauce. Strawberries and cream.

Caught up finally!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B-fried eggs on chopped avocado with chilli sauerkraut.
L- 2 slices deli roast beef spread with mustard and wrapped round a gherkin. Choc chia pud
D-Slow roast belly pork with cracking crackling. Garlicky green beans, broccoli, swede purée and creamy parmesan cabbage. Couple of glasses dry white.
Received 3 new recipe books today by Monya Kilian Palmer - The Keto Kitchen books. I’m a bit addicted to cookery books, I really didn’t need any more but there’s some nice looking stuff in them.
@maglil55 thanks for the reminder about the h/m salami crisps. I remember when you first posted the ‘recipe’, being so happy watching a film at home with a proper film snack!
@Overwhelmed I’ve been a bit erratic with my posting here recently so I’m sorry if you’ve already mentioned it, but how did your HbA1c go? Do you have the results yet?
@Annb sorry you’re still under the weather.
@Antje77 I tell myself every day to put a timer on when I cook. I’ve ruined more saucepans than I can count by wandering out of the room and getting distracted while something is simmering. Exploding boiled eggs are no fun to clear up!

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
B-fried eggs on chopped avocado with chilli sauerkraut.
L- 2 slices deli roast beef spread with mustard and wrapped round a gherkin. Choc chia pud
D-Slow roast belly pork with cracking crackling. Garlicky green beans, broccoli, swede purée and creamy parmesan cabbage. Couple of glasses dry white.
Received 3 new recipe books today by Monya Kilian Palmer - The Keto Kitchen books. I’m a bit addicted to cookery books, I really didn’t need any more but there’s some nice looking stuff in them.
@maglil55 thanks for the reminder about the h/m salami crisps. I remember when you first posted the ‘recipe’, being so happy watching a film at home with a proper film snack!
@Overwhelmed I’ve been a bit erratic with my posting here recently so I’m sorry if you’ve already mentioned it, but how did your HbA1c go? Do you have the results yet?
@Annb sorry you’re still under the weather.
@Antje77 I tell myself every day to put a timer on when I cook. I’ve ruined more saucepans than I can count by wandering out of the room and getting distracted while something is simmering. Exploding boiled eggs are no fun to clear up!
Hi @DJC3 , thanks for asking about my results and yes my Hba1c is down to 41 so I'm delighted that all my perseverance and hard work paying off . Im still waiting on my full cholesterol breakdown results though . Look forward to seeing or reading some of the recipes you'll cook from the books you just received

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DJC3 , thanks for asking about my results and yes my Hba1c is down to 41 so I'm delighted that all my perseverance and hard work paying off . Im still waiting on my full cholesterol breakdown results though . Look forward to seeing or reading some of the recipes you'll cook from the books you just received

Excellent, well done! I’m delighted for you.
Pic of the books in case anyone is looking for some inspiration.
IMG_0464.jpg

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
D8000602-566E-4EA5-9554-7C41D7DE96D3.jpeg A29E61B1-F81A-49BD-9484-D86EB9A18472.jpeg
I’ve been a bit extra hectic so think missing 4 days so will just do quick summary I’ve also managed,just about,to keep up with my hm yoghurt and cultured veggies making including a new one today -see photo no 1 - of cherry tomatoes with garlic and basil. Heat has been a challenge though and my beetroot, carrot,ginger and apple one had a volcanic eruption on Friday night I’ve got mason jar plastic pipe tops which allow excess gas to escape but lots of fluid also poured out in the heat! But at least it had an escape route!should be ready in a few days but meanwhile standing it in a bowl!
Breakfasts days : 1 two boiled eggs and lc roll
2 glass of kefir
3 hm yoghurts and seeds plus a few garden berries
4 one slice of bacon and lc toast with one egg
Lunch all days two small portions of hm cultured veggies with some cheese and nuts followed by a few berries and hm yoghurts and a few squares of 100% chocolate
Dinners
Day 1 lamb loin with salads
2 salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and asparagus
3 hm chicken curry with cauliflower rice
4 steak with salad
Plus every day for pudding sf lemon and lime jelly made up with water plus juice and zest of one lemon plus more hm yoghurt
Still dog sitting - so waiting for it to cool down a bit more before taking the pooch out and also watering the garden. Only another three full days of doggy care now - it’s felt a longish 2weeks we love him to bits but hard to fit in all the other daily stuff too.