What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I egg
60 mls double cream
1 level tablespoon àrrowroot
Whisk well and leave to stand long as possible
(I'd add salt and pepper as texture was good but flavour lacking)
Whisk again just before adding to hot lard in baking trays
Cook 200 degrees like usual ones, but keep any eye on them. Mine did very quickly but was first time id tried recipe. I did it around sausages to make toad in hole.

There are more complicated recipes out there but this was quick and easy. Good texture just a little flavourless

I’ve also seen a lot more complicated recipes. One involved an industrial quantity of arrowroot. This looks great, thanks for posting.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee and water all morning.
Lunch: h/m cheeseburger
Dinner: fabulous pork belly, it’s been cooking on low for hours. Took skin off and chucked back in oven for last 20 mins on high. Very crackly crackling.
World carnivore month is proving more successful than dry January in my house.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.2 FBG 7.3 - BGs are all over the place. Thanks @ziggy_w. I felt not too bad when I got up this morning. I even managed to get showered and dressed. Regrettably, it didn't last. I had a big relapse this afternoon. Shakes, cold, sweats, nausea and lets just say I couldn't stray too far from a toilet. Passed over now but I think it's safe to say this cold is a bug of some description.
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with roast beef, tomato and mustard. (Felt OK).
L. Water, water and more water.
D. Currently having some vegetable broth which is going down nicely. Another shower & coating of Vicks is coming up.

At least the pains sweeping across my abdominal area have gone now. If I feel OK after my shower I may try a couple of LC crackers. Exciting?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@Mrs T 123 admire your ability to eat treats in moderation. Not something I can emulate.

Back at work and TMAD again today.

Lunch was leftovers. Cold beef rib roast and cold lamb from last week.
Dinner was pork belly pieces and chicken wings coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried.
There is nothing to admire about me - I only have them in moderation because I have to, not because I want to hehe x

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - skyr greek yoghurt with seeds, cinammon, raspberries and blueberries on top. Mug of earl grey

Dinner (kind of again) - 1 small cheese omlette, 1 slc roll with a fried egg, a little salt and heinz 50% less sugar & salt ketchup on top, a small piece of christmas cake (15 carbs) - only 1 square left to have another day! Mug of earl grey tea.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Will be having a late meal, same as yesterday. Non-bouncy oven baked meatballs and fried chicory with balsamic vinegar.
I also made a new batch of the chocolate and peanutbutter squares, I definitely gave too much of the first batch away :D.
This time I added a lot more walnuts :)

136137919_10222586890055302_1743218970673542223_o.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@maglil55 -- Hugs for having the cold. Sounds as if it has hit you quite badly. Still keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get through this quickly. Please take care of yourself.
@Bex72 -- Glad you're feeling better, but sorry you got to miss your blood tests. Have you received a new date?

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. Hungry, so had a bag of chicken cracklings. Later a slice of Aldi protein bread with h/m mayonnaise, turkey salami and gouda.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: A wrap made of two scrambled eggs with sesame seeds and linseeds with half a green bell pepper and cheddar. A pan-fried duck breast. A glass of red wine.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pool closed because of lockdown but went on early morning forest walk instead lovely but lots of mud waded through!
Breakfast one slice each of bacon,egg and hm lc toast
Lunch on the go as out caring - one chicken leg
Dinner Cajun chicken with salads followed by DGF orange and cranberry with cream.
@maglil55 your bug sounds dreadful take care.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: Spanish chicken with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

PiersAaron

Today, 01052021, I ate the following:

1. Before noon (and breaking fast): 6 cups of decaf coffee with a little bit of unsweetened almond milk;

2. Lunch: About 3oz Aldi summer sausage with cheddar cheese and homemade gaucamole; and

3. Dinner: Beef broth (one pint) with turnips and beef (meat) cubes (made in IP) and Romaine lettuce salad with tomato, mozzarella cheese, white onion, tomato, black olives, and chicken meat from rotisserie chicken. All topped with homemade salad dressing consisting of EVOO, lemon juice, Italian seasonings and garlic powde

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Hello all,

@maglil55 -- Hugs for having the cold. Sounds as if it has hit you quite badly. Still keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get through this quickly. Please take care of yourself.
@Bex72 -- Glad you're feeling better, but sorry you got to miss your blood tests. Have you received a new date?

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. Hungry, so had a bag of chicken cracklings. Later a slice of Aldi protein bread with h/m mayonnaise, turkey salami and gouda.

Lunch: Nothing.

Dinner: A wrap made of two scrambled eggs with sesame seeds and linseeds with half a green bell pepper and cheddar. A pan-fried duck breast. A glass of red wine.

Thanks Ziggy_w, I was thinking that rebooking for a fasting blood test would involve a wait but have been very fortunate as an early slot was available tomorrow.
We are in one of the worst hit Covid areas so I think a lot of people are avoiding going for appointments, hence the availability.

As I have had Covid in September I am hopeful that I have some immunity.

When I made the dreaded Five Bean Chilli, I bought two packets of Quorn mince. I intended to use both in the chilli but only had space in the pot for one. I had let it defrost so used it to make a veggie cottage pie (with cauli, swede, parsnip and cheese mash) yesterday evening.

It was really tasty and I only had a small amount. Within thirty minutes I had abdominal bloating and couldn't keep still or quiet with the pain again. As this is the third time this has happened with Quorn I will assume that I have an intolerance to Quorn. Thankfully I feel fine now.

Yesterday I also ate:
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with berries and toasted seeds
Lunch: celery, cucumber and carrot batons with marmite soft cheese (an m&s yellow label)
Drinks: glass of wine, rooibos tea, masala chai tea with sweetener, Littles flavoured coffee.
Snacks: a square of dark chocolate, salted peanuts and cashews.

Have a good day.

Reactions: maglil55 and mojo37

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
government policies that increase inequality, brussel sprouts, neighbour's karaoke at 2am
Bed 7.2 FBG 7.3 - BGs are all over the place. Thanks @ziggy_w. I felt not too bad when I got up this morning. I even managed to get showered and dressed. Regrettably, it didn't last. I had a big relapse this afternoon. Shakes, cold, sweats, nausea and lets just say I couldn't stray too far from a toilet. Passed over now but I think it's safe to say this cold is a bug of some description.
B. TAG and 2 slices SLC toast with roast beef, tomato and mustard. (Felt OK).
L. Water, water and more water.
D. Currently having some vegetable broth which is going down nicely. Another shower & coating of Vicks is coming up.

At least the pains sweeping across my abdominal area have gone now. If I feel OK after my shower I may try a couple of LC crackers. Exciting?

Maglil55 I hope that you are feeling better. It may be worth taking a covid test just to make sure. I recall some covid sufferers had fastric symptoms. My main symptom with covid was nausea and I didn't get any of tge tgree lusted until the second week. Take care.

Bex72

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Will be having a late meal, same as yesterday. Non-bouncy oven baked meatballs and fried chicory with balsamic vinegar.
I also made a new batch of the chocolate and peanutbutter squares, I definitely gave too much of the first batch away :D.
This time I added a lot more walnuts :)

136137919_10222586890055302_1743218970673542223_o.jpg
Antje77 the chocolate squares look amazing!

Reactions: PiersAaron

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maglil55 I hope that you are feeling better. It may be worth taking a covid test just to make sure. I recall some covid sufferers had fastric symptoms. My main symptom with covid was nausea and I didn't get any of tge tgree lusted until the second week. Take care.
Thanks. GP believes I'm a long covid case. I was ill from the beginning of March and there was no way you could get tested then unless you were in hospital(and I was not going there if it was avoidable). It lasted about 23/24 weeks and I had every symptom going and then some! It's the GP that maintains it's not worth testing now as he doubts whether antibodies will show up now as the belief is they are around for about 6 months. I'm pretty sure this is a bug as it's different to what went before.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday’s effort: B:Tea: Mid morning: CWCSFCS: Lunch: Tea: MM: Cauliflower cheese. The Food Fairy magicked a cheese sauce with some of this and all kinds of Christmas cheese, including Stilton. Tasted good, was hot and filling so now we'll see the effects on bg. May cheat and use exercise bike before Swipey.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all what a cold day today - it was snowing heavily when we went out for our early morning hike and quite slippy but stopped snowing mid am. Think it’s going to be -3 with fog first thing tomorrow so may be more of a challenge leaving my warm bed early in the morning. Walking Boots left by the front door to try to tempt us!
Breakfast after morning hike - scrambled eggs with one slice LC toast
Lunch left over slice of frittata with some green salad
Mid pm one DGF millionaires shortbread
Dinner pheasant breast wrapped in bacon with green beans, mushroom sauce and three very small new potato chips- less than one new potato cut into chips previously and frozen - with glass of dry white wine followed by DGF strawberries and cream blondie with spoon Greek yoghurt, this DGF cake tastes like jam sponge when warmed!
Plus unplanned- Just had decaff coffee and got tempted by OHs box of hotel choc chocs the twelve days of Christmas box ate something called a dark chocolate bauble - in my defence it was a little bauble and it is three kings day so all baubles must be put away - or in this case eaten! Good excuse for naughtiness.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - skyr greek yoghurt with seeds, cinammon & raspberries and blueberries. Mug of earl grey

Dinner - First I had last square of christmas cake and mug of earl grey as I had just came in from walking and needed something while I was waiting on dinner cooking which was 1 gammon steak with a fried egg & grated cheese on top.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: salmon with peppercorn sauce, cabbage and a tiny portion of carrots followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B ff greek with seeds and raspberries
L chaffles in my new waffle maker/ sandwich toaster. Took a bit of experimentation to get quantity and timing right. 3 sqs 70%
D: turkey curry. Boys had rice. One glass red wine

Have made a lentil and veg soup for tomorrow. Haven't tried lentils since diagnosis. Will test. Only a few in 3-4 portions so will be interested. What do you think they will do to me?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a big breakfast of ham and eggs before starting the first day at my new job. Mistake really as I felt nervous so the food made me feel a bit sick.
Chucked a couple of Babybell in my bag in case I got hungry later and ate them mid afternoon.
Dinner was sous vide brisket ( coated in Bovril first and with bay leaves and peppercorns chucked in the bag too) it’s been incubating 2 days! It was pretty good, all the family declared it a winner.
As I’m following carnivore month I didn’t have any veg but took a leaf out of @Brunneria ‘s book and crumbled a bit of blue cheese on top of the meat, then poured the juices over so it was like a stew/soup.

Edit to add- I also took in my own coffee and cafetière, even at the risk of being labelled a terrific snob on my first day, but some things are just too important.