What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A two hour Muddy Cycle ride was like riding the big surf. What with the last 12 hours of rain and melt water from the snow streams had burst their banks, not complaining great fun and a good workout. :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It upset me too when Popeye had bad signs of dementia. He was so confused, and that made me unhappy. The dementia tablets worked very quickly, but it was a couple of months before I totally got the old Popeye back. You wouldn't know now that he had dementia problems a few months ago.
So lovely to hear that you have got the old Popeye back. The meds that Archie is on (Vivitonin) improves blood flow in the brain which hopefully will prevent another stroke and also helps treat dementia.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 er what? - oh yes I remember I had more than a few of my teenage son's chips late last night from a large take-away - just shows when I try to forget occasionally that I have diabetes and stray I am reminded but they were naughty but nice on a cold January night.

@jjraak Glad you are happy with the news you got at your hospital visit - take it easy

@Muddy Cyclist I hope the pain in the arm goes away soon - I was hoping to get the oxford one as I am an allergy sort of person in that I have to be careful in what soaps, soap powders, deodrants I use and sometimes I get hayfever ...

Virtual hugs to @gennepher for the migraines - not much fun

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4th day of red swollen eyes and bad headache. Difficult to sleep.
Phoned my medical practice this morning for an "appointment" and got a phone call back within 90 mins.
I had my home tested stats ready. BP 110/62, pulse 75 temp. 36.8 C.
Doc thought the eye problem might be a form of hay-fever that some other patients have experienced recently, suggested I take my usual antihistamine. Headache behind eyes likely to be consequence of eye problem, she said.
But Covid takes many forms, so I was advised to take a swab test at the local drive-in test centre. Booked on-line. Just back from the test. All very professional. Just have a slightly anxious wait for the result.

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

A broken night sleep, whirring mind, aches and pains. Just out of interest is anyone else who's had the Oxford Covid Vaccine part 1 had a burning pain where the jab went in? I had my jab 8 days ago and this sensation keeps coming and going, not terrible pain but Enough discomfort to keep waking you up. Ah well I suppose it will go away eventually.

Rain, rain ,rain here but sun promised later, I might sneak out on my Mountain Bike.

Keep safe and may your day be kind to you.

I wonder what happens if they damage the nerve when they hit it with a needle?

I wouldn't have thought the ingress site site would hurt that length of time, Muddy. Perhaps some kind of activity takes place inside but surely the active ingredients get distributed quickly?
I had hormone blocking implants in my abdoment for 3 years in my 60's and they were substantial, but only hurt for a day or two.
D.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

thank you for your suggestions to try 'Specsavers', I have used them before and found them quite good but the nearest is about 40 miles away, so, not much of a going concern at the moment :)

Mr gee says he is going to ask about getting an eye test at our opticians when they phone to say they have fixed his glasses so we will have more information then :)

A chilly and soggy day today but we got in a walk and posted a package this morning. I've spent part of the afternoon batch cooking the stuff we bought yesterday ready for portioning and freezing.

Now I have an 'earworm', thank you kindly, the tiddly pom, tiddly pom of 'Pugwash' :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was trying to teach my granny to suck eggs :bag:

I hope your arm settles soon, mr gee's mum was lucky and had no after effects to her jab at all but I had a similar reaction to yours after I had my flu jab before Christmas. I think it took about 5 or 6 days to settle down :)
Your bike ride sounds exhilarating ;)

@dunelm - I'm liking these bird pictures very much :joyful:

@jjraak - winner for the good results, hope the progress continues apace :) a bit worrying they only found the one fracture though :( I suppose the other damage could have masked it.

@Krystyna23040 - glad Archie is progressing so well :joyful:

@gennepher - hugs, glad you were able to do something to mitigate the visual disturbances :)
you have bravely turned your migraine into interesting and descriptive art, the colour version is good but I think the black and white is more striking :)

art bit -
when I was sorting out paperwork for the bin the other day I got a tune running through my head, so here it is :D

upload_2021-1-28_19-2-42.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beech tree painting finished, A4 watercolour..... another tree painting to do not sure what so pleanty of sketching needed.
IMG_4431.JPG

Reactions: mojo37

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Beech tree painting finished, A4 watercolour..... another tree painting to do not sure what so pleanty of sketching needed.
View attachment 47101
Hello@MC. I don't usually feel qualified to comment on other people's art but just had to say that to me this painting is exceptional. Well done!

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.5 today

thank you for your suggestions to try 'Specsavers', I have used them before and found them quite good but the nearest is about 40 miles away, so, not much of a going concern at the moment :)

Mr gee says he is going to ask about getting an eye test at our opticians when they phone to say they have fixed his glasses so we will have more information then :)

A chilly and soggy day today but we got in a walk and posted a package this morning. I've spent part of the afternoon batch cooking the stuff we bought yesterday ready for portioning and freezing.

Now I have an 'earworm', thank you kindly, the tiddly pom, tiddly pom of 'Pugwash' :hilarious:

@Muddy Cyclist - Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was trying to teach my granny to suck eggs :bag:

I hope your arm settles soon, mr gee's mum was lucky and had no after effects to her jab at all but I had a similar reaction to yours after I had my flu jab before Christmas. I think it took about 5 or 6 days to settle down :)

@jjraak - winner for the good results, hope the progress continues apace :) a bit worrying they only found the one fracture though :( I suppose the other damage could have masked it.

@gennepher - hugs, glad you were able to do something to mitigate the visual disturbances :)
you have bravely turned your migraine into interesting and descriptive art, the colour version is good but I think the black and white is more striking :)

art bit -
when I was sorting out paperwork for the bin the other day I got a tune running through my head, so here it is :D

View attachment 47100
Thank you for the painting compliments @geefull

Holly and the Ivy is beautifully illustrated.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Trying to write my postcrossing postcards this morning. Cat won't let me. I keep stuffing him under my blanket, but he keeps coming back out and sitting on my postcards. So I gave up.

I thought it was very misty outside, but when I went out to check, I realised it was very low cloud cover. Came back in. Thought I would do a misty painting in Procreate. Cat said that's fine, I'll go under the blanket and leave you to your painting on your iPad...

So, here it is. Don't feel like writing postcards now...feel sleepy, so a nap is next on my to do list...

5D85606A-280C-4F27-AE88-EE487A46CB9D.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.5 today

art bit -

View attachment 47100
Thank you @geefull - last one of this trio today - hope eye tests can be booked, we don’t have that problem here but it is by appointment - one out, one in. Lovely song rendition from you today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Trying to write my postcrossing postcards this morning. Cat won't let me. I keep stuffing him under my blanket, but he keeps coming back out and sitting on my postcards. So I gave up.

I thought it was very misty outside, but when I went out to check, I realised it was very low cloud cover. Came back in. Thought I would do a misty painting in Procreate. Cat said that's fine, I'll go under the blanket and leave you to your painting on your iPad...

So, here it is. Don't feel like writing postcards now...feel sleepy, so a nap is next on my to do list...

View attachment 47106
Very atmospheric and misty painting with the promise of a garden when the mist clears

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a wonderfully silent beginning to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘lets grill things on the new Ninja’ came in at 4.9 this am

A miserable day yesterday - rain, rain and even more rain just in case you missed out on any rain. Apart from that and some rain in the afternoon, not a lot. Oh! The window cleaner did come and do the windows and our new Ninja grill and air fryer turned up just in time to offer some alternative comedy come dinner time. Video link with Little Miss Pamplemouse practicing doubles and halves - very serious stuff and includes spots on ladybird wings amongst other visuals.

Last of the trio of big bird pictures today - hope everybody has a Fabulous Friday - time for koffy

upload_2021-1-29_6-49-11.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Waiting for Mr K to come back with the Aldi shopping. My job is to sanitise it all and put it away. Just time for one more coffee before he comes back.

Then off for a muddy dog walk in the park. Then more coffee.