What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Thanks that is a very generous offer. There is a takeaway in town which does sashimi, actually several locally serving the bases. Variable quality I'm told but during the "ceasefire" we checked one out which looked ok. Bury St Edmunds has a Waitrose which does sashimi and is far, far away from M and S.:angelic: This is a spiffing source but I'm restricted to Christmas ordering by my boss https://www.thefishsociety.co.uk/by-fish-type/raw-fish/sashimi/?p=3
I have had to go get a table cloth out the cupboard to wipe away my dribbles. Lush! Thanks for sharing. M-mmm.

Reactions: gennepher

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

horrible 5.8 :bigtears: washed hands again and repeat tested at 4.8 thank goodness ;)

I have tweaked my right knee and need to be a bit careful up and down the stairs at the moment. Are creaking and groaning body bits also an influence on the bg do you think? :hilarious:

Anyway we did some trimming of frost burned bushes in Mum's garden today. Some of the hedging down her drive got burned but mostly seems to be showing signs of recovery so we just gave it a bit of a trim, the short hedge in the middle of the garden seems completely kaput though, it was privet planted by mr gee's dad years ago, I'll be honest and say I didn't like it (shh, don't tell on me :angelic: :bag: ) and it looks like it may have to go altogether ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - I like both but will admit to prefering the monochromatic to the colour, I think perhaps the colour distracts attention a little away from your fine stroke work.

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like another good ride :) My sympathy for the aching joints though.
I very much enjoyed the tuneful ensemble and the start of your next painting is lovely, a fine sky in prospect and I look forward to seeing the completed work :)

@gennepher - you're braver than me being outside in the garden this morning :D we didn't make it out there until lunchtime. Smashing sketch though, I do like the style, quite joyous and that bench feels friendly :)

@RFSMarch - hello nice to see you :)

@Mrs T 123 - well done :)

art bit -
this was inspired by something I saw on pinterest but unfortunately I can't find the reference :sorry:

upload_2021-4-2_20-51-48.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.

an enjoyable few days

hanging on to 6 status early doors,
this AM i hit a 6.3, so heading down nicely.

Early start yesterday, furry nephew off colour, and vets across town.
i'm the only one driving AND free so volunteered

An hours journey give or take there and back so i'm always looking for a quicker route /rat-run.

so coming back in no particular rush played map roulette,
too a left to see where it took me...result

Misses a bottleneck that's normally chocka most days.

Vets says dog has dog flu, girls suspected hay fever, so maybe a better pick,
one session rather then endless tablets etc.?

We had him Wednesday for a few hours, deffo out of sorts.
just sat huddled up and then just moving from spot to spot trying to get comfortable
out in street for walks seemed ok, but once back indoors, back to miserable.

Took him for walk after vets, much improved
that listlessness, replaced by his scampish cheek once more, nice to have him back to his old self..

He's unhappy but he's being kept away from his usual haunts for moment & away for other dogs.

The recent post about foods, must have jogged something.

i think @dunelm you mentioned cauli rice roasted in oven.

Not a great fan, (microwavable packs,) but in the interest of science and expanding my repertoire of dishes,
i gave the roasted way a whirl.

a Spice tailors Fiery Goan Curry (tesco, & others) a goodly portion of veg, chicken & dinner was ready.

Cauli rice a HIT..Me likee, Madam likee..
Curry delish (recommended if not that ok cooking, dead easy to follow or just want a spicy easy meal )

So curry back on the menu.. Thank you, threadstars.:D

Pre meal 6.6..been decorating so exercise pushed it up maybe ?
but 2 hrs later only 6.3...yippee.

Make a space @Mrs T 123...
i'm hoping to ride in on your coat tails..;)

So day's been a good un.

a few hours kip and we do it all again tomorrow, god willing.:)

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Marvelous stuff.

and as promised..

Not quite 5-0 but amongst friends a little lee way is always allowed...;)

Hit it Danno.....

But ... am I the lady running along the beach OR the belly dancer ??? haha

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

horrible 5.8 :bigtears: washed hands again and repeat tested at 4.8 thank goodness ;)

I have tweaked my right knee and need to be a bit careful up and down the stairs at the moment. Are creaking and groaning body bits also an influence on the bg do you think? :hilarious:

Anyway we did some trimming of frost burned bushes in Mum's garden today. Some of the hedging down her drive got burned but mostly seems to be showing signs of recovery so we just gave it a bit of a trim, the short hedge in the middle of the garden seems completely kaput though, it was privet planted by mr gee's dad years ago, I'll be honest and say I didn't like it (shh, don't tell on me :angelic: :bag: ) and it looks like it may have to go altogether ;)

@dunelm - I like both but will admit to prefering the monochromatic to the colour, I think perhaps the colour distracts attention a little away from your fine stroke work.

@Muddy Cyclist - sounds like another good ride :) My sympathy for the aching joints though.
I very much enjoyed the tuneful ensemble and the start of your next painting is lovely, a fine sky in prospect and I look forward to seeing the completed work :)

@gennepher - you're braver than me being outside in the garden this morning :D we didn't make it out there until lunchtime. Smashing sketch though, I do like the style, quite joyous and that bench feels friendly :)

art bit -
this was inspired by something I saw on pinterest but unfortunately I can't find the reference :sorry:

View attachment 48579
Thank you for your appreciation, Humpshire Huffers do our best, :) aches better for Ride and painting till a mystery at the moment.

Hugs for ache in knee, I'm sure they do influence BG.

That's a fantastic landscape from you today, I like the bright gold field in the foreground and well painted hills slowly getting less prominent as they dissolve into the distance, a fine painting.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

an enjoyable few days

hanging on to 6 status early doors,
this AM i hit a 6.3, so heading down nicely.

Early start yesterday, furry nephew off colour, and vets across town.
i'm the only one driving AND free so volunteered

An hours journey give or take there and back so i'm always looking for a quicker route /rat-run.

so coming back in no particular rush played map roulette,
too a left to see where it took me...result

Misses a bottleneck that's normally chocka most days.

Vets says dog has dog flu, girls suspected hay fever, so maybe a better pick,
one session rather then endless tablets etc.?

We had him Wednesday for a few hours, deffo out of sorts.
just sat huddled up and then just moving from spot to spot trying to get comfortable
out in street for walks seemed ok, but once back indoors, back to miserable.

Took him for walk after vets, much improved
that listlessness, replaced by his scampish cheek once more, nice to have him back to his old self..

He's unhappy but he's being kept away from his usual haunts for moment & away for other dogs.

The recent post about foods, must have jogged something.

i think @dunelm you mentioned cauli rice roasted in oven.

Not a great fan, (microwavable packs,) but in the interest of science and expanding my repertoire of dishes,
i gave the roasted way a whirl.

a Spice tailors Fiery Goan Curry (tesco, & others) a goodly portion of veg, chicken & dinner was ready.

Cauli rice a HIT..Me likee, Madam likee..
Curry delish (recommended if not that ok cooking, dead easy to follow or just want a spicy easy meal )

So curry back on the menu.. Thank you, threadstars.:D

Pre meal 6.6..been decorating so exercise pushed it up maybe ?
but 2 hrs later only 6.3...yippee.

Make a space @Mrs T 123...
i'm hoping to ride in on your coat tails..;)

So day's been a good un.

a few hours kip and we do it all again tomorrow, god willing.:)
Gave winner for BG and like of cauliflower @dunelm way.

Hug for furry nephew anguish.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before I was formally T2DM diagnosed in January this year, I had pins and needles, cramps in both feet. Also a buzzing sensation in my fingers. There was also hair loss on the calves which are now shiny and as smooth the proverbial baby's posterior.

As my BG has come down from the mid double digits to a recent 7 day average of 6 something, I still get tingling but not as noticeable and I believe nerves renew but at a glacial pace.

My DSN ticked a box which said I am at high risk of neuropathological issues as my big left toe failed the tickle test - but MrsBRS had me pass one before I left for Taiwan. The reason the DSN ticked the box is to access short term diabetic podiatry resources...wonder if that might be an option out your way too?

Sorry to hear of the neuropathy but good to hear it's responding.

when i first arrived on forum i was much impressed by a particular poster.
i found his support helpful & nicely humoured.

He too, like you had been suffering, but his was much worse, it seems
and he reversed it.

You can't search his posts, but this was the closest i could find to illuminate that.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/worsening-foot-pain.159890/#post-1954174

Just to point out, while most likely NOT the same.
many do suffer cramps after DX.

i had a bad spell, lower calves.
the kind that MAKES you get up at 2am and walk for 20/30 minutes until it subsides.

Magnesium spray was what eased the immediate pain.

and apparently LCHF after a lifetime of S.A.D., meant less salt in diet,
so i upped the salt intake a bit, and touch wood the cramps have not returned.

Bear in mind, IF you buy some, DO
make others aware of what it is.

Missus was taking one of my oral B12 sprays, helped her feet.
saw the magnesium spray, so helped herself to that as well :rolleyes:

Next morning she told me the magnesium* spray was useless and a waste of money,
Oh, AND it tasted Funny too....:woot:

no lasting damage, as we know,
but when it comes up, i still chuckle my **** off..

*spray for external use only

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• FF9CE742-FEB7-4358-A9B5-E2A6ED68BB5E.jpeg
    FF9CE742-FEB7-4358-A9B5-E2A6ED68BB5E.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 70

lindisfel

Expert
Grass frost on all grass outside this am, it looks like the sun will shine again today.

Fasting blood glucose 6.0 at 0700 this am, it seems to be stable at this over long periods.
I am trying 500mg Metformin a day to see if it helps stabilise my blood glucose and therefore stops migraines that may be produced by blood glucose changes.
I shall stop it if the migraines continue.

Have a great saturday.
D.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today. At least I am out of those 6's for now.

Cool here again, Spring must be getting a shock.

Meeting Grandaughters today as I have been ordered to organise the annual Easter Egg hunt, we are usually away at the cottage we visit each year by a quiet beech in Wales, missed last year and this, so hunt is in our garden. Not sure what it will entail them doing yet, clues, activity or just a search must get my brain in gear and find my winter clothes, coffee!!! :)

Keep safe enjoy the world and all its beauty.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

art bit -

View attachment 48579
Thanks for my painting compliment @geefull

Your painting is absolutely stunning. It draws you over the yellow wheat field and into all those mountains beyond...

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

Sorry fellow posters, painters and gamers but just recently me and me's have been very busy and it's proving difficult to catch up on all posts on this thread. Hence for the next few days I shall post my blood sugars only and depart too ( to, too or two, take your pick ) life away from this thread.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.8 on that wayward meter of mystery.

Please remember the stay's.
Stay well, stay safe and stay away from the media.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

A hard frost in the night.
I posted some letters early, and saw an amazing sunrise.
Was in my front garden with a cuppa.
Came back to bed and cat hot water bottle.
This "Believe" is
D8235830-BCF8-40BF-8B8D-4C3B51C5DE5A.jpeg
on my bedroom all glass door. A friend sent it me.
So this is what I painted in SketchClub and Procreate...

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to Saturday all 4 base layers, rugby shirt, thermoreg top, down coat, 2 neck gaiters and Beaver fur (sorry) ushanka of it. Goodness knows what I'll need outside.:angelic: Accuracy of Swipey not guaranteed but trajectory spot on with 4.0 @ 5.52 in bedroom then 4.7 by 7.30 having faffed about with the dogs and made essential tea - no pea milk this morning. I will try a PM and whey protein latte later because I'm just not cared mate. Coffee is more flavoured milk in my case. Have a great day and be careful if you are not out, out or even out, out - is that even possible just yet? Hugs for all those suffering ailments or mysterious fbg syndrome. Loved the paintings and music maestros (better cars were available, didn't the steering wheels fall off?) - Today is sport day even if Julie doesn't know it yet:angelic: Football, rugby, boat race just up the road.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
More music completed by our Recorder Quartet. A bit of Baroque, Handel. Me on Bass Recorder, Mrs MC on Soprano Recorder other two members on Tenor and Treble, Treble player also on Keyboard.

https://soundcloud.com/user-336672223/lascia-handel-1

This was difficult not all playing together as timing and feel took away the emotional aspect it my opinion, but it's the only way we are able to perform. Maybe we will manage some outdoor garden playing with new rule of 6 and when we don't have to stay local.
Sounds great, I do like that aria.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

art bit -

View attachment 48579
Thank you @geefull - I’m really not that enamored with the colour one. Careful with that tweaked knee, they have a habit of suddenly collapsing if you press them too hard. A smashing field of gold in your landscape today fronting up your well presented mountains fading into the background.